SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-10, 03:53 AM   #16
nemo7
Weps

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 0

Outstanding piece of work matey. Congrats
Old 10-17-10, 10:54 AM   #17
clouclou
Gunner

Downloads: 244

Makmann,
I managed to move the icons (shell) and progress bar shells in the window of cannon fire and the AA. (Thus it is no longer in view of Deckgun)
Menu in 1024x768, at G38, G39, G3A: change all Pos: 1 digit (9 ..) add 300 (12 ..).
Sincerely,
Claude
Old 10-19-10, 11:36 AM   #18
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouclou View Post
Makmann,
I managed to move the icons (shell) and progress bar shells in the window of cannon fire and the AA. (Thus it is no longer in view of Deckgun)
Menu in 1024x768, at G38, G39, G3A: change all Pos: 1 digit (9 ..) add 300 (12 ..).
Sincerely,
Claude
Oh, very nice Claude ! bravo

shell's icons was not a problem but the loading bar was the problem. how do you replace the loading bar,from which entry ? i remember that no entry in menu_ini is effecting the loading bar so i am really curious...

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-20-10, 02:32 AM   #19
clouclou
Gunner

It seems like G38 i10 , G39 i10, G3A i10 , in any case it works with me: the whole block icons / load moves.
Cordially
Claude.
Old 10-22-10, 11:19 AM   #20
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
It seems like G38 i10 , G39 i10, G3A i10 , in any case it works with me: the whole block icons / load moves.
Cordially
Claude.
hmm... ,thats very strange Claude ! i looked at the g38 i10 of widescreen menu_ini and i have ''moved'' the value a lot of pixels to the right and it didn't effect the loading bar (also ,at the released menu_ini the value is left there with the added pixels but loading bar still 'stands' at its default position).

anyway....maybe is the combination of all values that moves the loading bar to the right...will look at it . thank you for your observation !

Old 10-22-10, 09:48 PM   #21
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
The ''circles'' are appearing [...at least at my pc ] as 'upright eggs' but according to Seeadler there is a workaround for 'healing' this but it depends from your pc settings,video cards,monitors,connections,drivers...etc. for more info about this,please contact with Seeadler who is the expert to help you .
That is because some monitors have 16:10 ratio, others have 16:9 ratio whereby the circles show correctly. The only fix is to change the resolution but this means changing the menu ini values as well as all the picture sizes etc. There is also a work around for nvidia users but not for ATI users.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 10-23-10, 01:54 AM   #22
clouclou
Gunner

Makmann,
I rechecked the menu 1024_768, all the "pos:" (1st group of numbers) are changed, in groups G38, G39, G3A, from I2 to I10. All.
And the case works!
To you.
Claude.
Old 10-23-10, 04:29 AM   #23
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Looks awesome makman94. Good screenies. One question, do I lose the waves when I zoom in with scopes? I remember OLC battled this problem, and if I remember, the only way around it was to have just one fixed zoom level. Thanks.
Old 10-26-10, 01:56 PM   #24
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Makmann,
I rechecked the menu 1024_768, all the "pos:" (1st group of numbers) are changed, in groups G38, G39, G3A, from I2 to I10. All.
And the case works!
To you.
Claude.
oh yes Claude ! it is working !!
Very nice finding from you !release it if you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton View Post
Looks awesome makman94. Good screenies. One question, do I lose the waves when I zoom in with scopes? I remember OLC battled this problem, and if I remember, the only way around it was to have just one fixed zoom level. Thanks.
Hi Ryanwigginton,
yes , you 'lose' the waves (and yes ,only when you use one fixed zoom level is 'solving' this)

Old 10-26-10, 02:13 PM   #25
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
That is because some monitors have 16:10 ratio, others have 16:9 ratio whereby the circles show correctly. The only fix is to change the resolution but this means changing the menu ini values as well as all the picture sizes etc. There is also a work around for nvidia users but not for ATI users.
yes Reece, i think that it is (i am talking for my pc) becuase i haven't connected the monitor with a dvi cample(and that way to have the scaling option of nvidia) and haven't tried it yet (but this is just...me)

Old 10-28-10, 08:21 AM   #26
clouclou
Gunner

Quote:
Makman94
oh yes Claude ! it is working !!
Very nice finding from you !release it if you like

It's free and public
Old 11-01-10, 02:10 PM   #27
jahsavage
Seaman

Downloads: 110
Default 1920x1200

Things don't look too good on my screen at 1380x so I use the mod below to set the resolution at 1920x1200, I also set the resolution setting in Main.cfg for good measure although I'm not sure if it has any effect.

SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b

Yes, I know this mod scales but it makes the game playable and everything look sharp without any bit flicker.

The only draw back I've experience when running on Windows 7 is that the screen capture is intermittent, working only occasionally and more often or not crashing the Silent Hunter 3.

I hope this info shall be useful for anyone wanting to enjoy this fabulous piece of user interface design.

Thanks to everyone involved!
Old 11-03-10, 04:24 PM   #28
jahsavage
Seaman

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeks1 View Post
Is it possible to apply it to 1280x800 resolution?
You have an aspect ratio of 1.6 which is the same as mine, I suggest you give it a try.
Old 11-07-10, 10:51 AM   #29
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

I'm trying out this GUI for the first time...Very nice work! Having used OLC for a number of years, a lot of it is very familiar. However, there are a number of differences.

Has anyone produced a PDF manual as a guide to the interface and manual trageting using MaGUI's tools?

There are virtually no instructions with the mod.

Last edited by sabretwo; 11-07-10 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-09-10, 09:55 AM   #30
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretwo View Post
I'm trying out this GUI for the first time...Very nice work! Having used OLC for a number of years, a lot of it is very familiar. However, there are a number of differences.

Has anyone produced a PDF manual as a guide to the interface and manual trageting using MaGUI's tools?

There are virtually no instructions with the mod.
Hello Sabretwo,

of course you will find a lot similarities with Olc's gui becuase the MaGui is builted on Olc's gui . It is Olc's gui with many addings-changes

now, about your question : for every new tool that Magui has added ,there are manuals-infos in the ''documents for tools of MaGui'' . all the other tools (that allready been there...like the aob rings--read Manos Optics text for more info--or the front side of attack disc...just to name some) are working with the same way and is discussed many many times in forum.

bye

Closed Thread