SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-21, 09:58 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

bullhorn Introducing Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter

Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter is an interactive war thriller which seamlessly blends tactical WW2 anti-submarine warfare simulation with a gripping storyline, presented through Hollywoodesque, interactive cutscenes. Take command of a meticulously reconstructed Fletcher-class destroyer and lead your crew against nazi U-Boats in the Battle of the Atlantic!

The story unfolds through a choice and consequence mechanic, allowing the player to shape the fate of the crew plunged into a deadly struggle against a devious and stealth enemy. They will have to overcome both the underwater threat and their own shortcomings in order to make sure that the convoy they are protecting makes it safely across the pond.

Lead a whole destroyer squadron and make tactical decisions to protect your sheep from the steel wolves. Track contacts and plot anti-submarine attacks using authentic equipment. Experience war at sea from the perspective of a tin can sailor, and shape the story as it develops, making key decisions both in and outside the heat of battle.

It is all in your hands, captain! Will you lead your men to victory by making sure that your convoy reaches its destination, or will it fall prey to enemy torpedoes, depriving the allied war effort of the precious supplies you were trusted to protect? Only you can answer the question!

You can add the game to your wishlist on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._UBoat_Hunter/
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 10:20 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You can add the game to your wishlist on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._UBoat_Hunter/
DONE!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 01:01 PM   #3
Oubaas
中国水兵

Downloads: 65

Just spent some time with the demo. It's now on my Steam Wishlist and I will be purchasing the full version upon release.

I'm an old, "Destroyer Command" fan, so this is right up my alley. It's a grand improvement over the old title that I loved so much, so I'm very happy that I'll be getting a better replacement with modern graphics and all!

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-22, 06:35 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubaas View Post
Just spent some time with the demo. It's now on my Steam Wishlist and I will be purchasing the full version upon release.

I'm an old, "Destroyer Command" fan, so this is right up my alley. It's a grand improvement over the old title that I loved so much, so I'm very happy that I'll be getting a better replacement with modern graphics and all!

Same here. Destroyer Command had so much potential, but was released buggy state and even with patches mods etc felt it never did reach what could have been.

I look forward to this new sim, just hope finished product delivers a immersive destroyer sim and is not full of bugs. The "storyline" mentioned worries me a bit though . Give us a sim a long lines of SH but with destroyers...give orders, let us get to sea, and things unfold as they may. Scripted stories etc take away from replay value as become repetitive. Hope the battles do not become arcade like. I see a lot of potential, hope it works out, the community deserves it for sure.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 05:24 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have only one big wish-They create an addon which contain subs from different country and included a software so we again can play DC Vs Subs

I miss it

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 01:16 AM   #6
dsawan
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

Hi, will there be a retail version or non-steam eventually released?
dsawan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
destroyer, u-boat hunter