SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-22, 04:57 PM   #511
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodaga222 View Post
Hi! The reticle appeared because the TychoSh3Patch_v3 mod was not activated. It removes the original reticle and enlarges the map. The patch comes with the mod.

1. Install TychoSh3Patch_v3:
- Copy files in the folder TychoSh3Patch_v3 into the game folder.
- Run the TychoSh3Patch.bat
Okay we got it working because onealex already had the tyco patch v3 so I didn't add it the first time that's why the confusion. Anyways got another question as to why you didn't include a reticle with both the vertical and horizontal scales in the UZO? Also how can we add one like the attack reticle to the UZO screen? I need them for surface attacks when using UZO during manual targeting, the onealex mod had a reticle in its UZO.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 06:09 PM   #512
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

kyle9154.

I believe that the real UZO only had a center vertical line, no cross hair. If he truly is going historical, then it is correct.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 06:19 PM   #513
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
kyle9154.

I believe that the real UZO only had a center vertical line, no cross hair. If he truly is going historical, then it is correct.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
Strange the version I was using modified from CapZap was missing the vertical line, i see it had no horizontal line but i'm missing both, i only have the top and bottom bearings in UZO. See I think its the Onealex overhaul mod conflicting at different places because he uses ARB mod but this version got diego_gut additions and its just making a mess so I've given up and just went with what onealex already has in his mod. For the sake of having the TDC torpedo settings on the left and bigger dials/different reticles its just not worth this modding/editing headache that CapZap and I are going through. This is more of a hardcore UI too with no notepad in it so its more suited for say Fifi's NYGM hardcore mod or those who prefer not to use a rec manual like in Tonci's onealex realism videos.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-04-22 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-10-22, 07:11 PM   #514
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Hello Kyle
for your gratitude problem FUBAR has reasons..
go see the TGA maybe...
D:\Sh3\SilentHunterIIIOnealex_A\data\Menu\Gui
I suspected it, that's why I was waiting for your feedback..
the interface is beautiful pretty works really shame ..
Since the beginning any modification will cause problems I have already told you a little about it with interiors... in the past I have tried your fleets I have experienced problems the Onealex mod does not support exterior mods
it's not for nothing that is built with the base games only the designer knows or makes things possible... I already told you with your merchant ship mods be careful..
I took it.. but haven't tried it yet..
does anyone here have it working fine?

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-10-22 at 07:29 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 03:51 PM   #515
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Thanks for the feedback here...
I was overwhelmed...
the mod "Merchant Ship" garbage
I save time.. I don't break my install with bull****.. so it's all benefit.. go to more on the bus..!!
I can't wait for Alex to come back to me, I'm telling you..
Old 12-17-22, 05:39 PM   #516
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Sorry Kal, I actually responded but deleted it because I didn't think it was quite on the topic of your post. I misunderstoud. If your asking about the Community Units mod for oneAlex, then no, I haven't had any issues with it.
Old 12-21-22, 05:59 PM   #517
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default the Community Units mod for oneAlex..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Sorry Kal, I actually responded but deleted it because I didn't think it was quite on the topic of your post. I misunderstoud. If your asking about the Community Units mod for oneAlex, then no, I haven't had any issues with it.
Thx My dear Jerry So I will test it..thank you...
because the designer has trouble answering..
Old 12-22-22, 06:52 AM   #518
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thx My dear Jerry So I will test it..thank you...
because the designer has trouble answering..
Which mod designer are you talking about, the ARB wide GUI or the community units addon mod? because if its the latter then your on the wrong thread asking these questions for it so I will not answer here, on top of that your English and grammar is hard to understand. Thirdly all you ever did was complain and say my mod crashes for you when hundreds of others are using the community units addon for onealex mod just fine (its made for that mega mod only). So use it or don't use it - I don't care Kal, you figured it out.

Old 12-30-22, 03:01 PM   #519
Petar Stevanovic
Nub

Downloads: 48
Default V 0.4

Hello dear skipper,
I wanted to ask if this version of the mod (0.4) will recieve a hotfix like the previous version (which was 0.3.1 hotfix). Some of the functions don't work like they did in the previous, for instance the ordinary binoculars on the bridge have some sort of glitchy look to them when being used, you cannot zoom in with them anymore (i dont know whether that is intentional or not), also the 3rd person camera for the submarine can no longer zoom all the way inside the sub like in version 0.3.
Thanks in advance!

Petar Stevanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 05:58 AM   #520
tarkalak
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Thanks a lot for the new version, the bigger optics fixed the only thing that bugged me with this GUI.

A few notes/bugs:
1. The Salvo selector doesn't have the labels which tubes are selected. Previously it had II,III for example for selecting 2nd and 3rd tube. This is also visible in author's screenshots. This is true for a both periscopes and the UZO.
2. Binocular view seems broken, the visual part is rectangular instead of "binocular" shaped.
3. In the Hydrophone Operator's post (key H) it is no longer possible to move the camera, only pan it. I prefer to raise the view a bit up, so I could look at the gauge directly instead of the default lower position.
4. On the attack disk - the direction at which you are looking is coupled with the "shot" arrow. Previously it was coupled with the smaller pointer and the shot arrow was rotated manually. If I understand correctly they used it for setting up manual shots in real life and the long arrow was used to note the torpedo track for manual shots. So the previous implementation allowed for setting up manual (no TDC) shots, but the current one doesn't.

5. I installed it on top of the OneAlex mod and GWX (I believe) changes the stealth indicator into visibility indicator. The graphic for it is returned to the small boat in different colors instead of the "Excellent visibility", "Zero Visibility", etc. texts. The indicator works correctly showing the visibility condition, just the graphic changed.

Last edited by tarkalak; 01-21-23 at 06:08 AM.
tarkalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 10:21 AM   #521
Jhanz
Swabbie

Downloads: 120
Default Square Binoculars?

My binoculars is square when I use it and couldn't zoom. Followed the 3 steps, and everything works except the binoculars.
Jhanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-23, 12:58 PM   #522
duck0872
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20
Default Square in binoculars

I have the same problem, when running arb 4 with gwx I have a square blocking the binoculars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F009EE49-DD4B-4F85-A0D2-A597A0EAEABA.jpg (18.8 KB, 30 views)
duck0872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 08:18 AM   #523
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Are you two (Jhanz and duck0872) using a Steam version of the game? Do you have the game installed in a "Program Files" folder?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 12:00 PM   #524
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

duck0872!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 01:28 PM   #525
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Can someone help me with this.I register as 20/20 vision but I am experiencing the need for reading glasses everyone usually gets as they get older.Like I cant read my phone well but other than that I see perfect.I lost my reading glasses a year ago and have been winging it but now that I am back to SH3 I just ordered a new set.

But that said I still have some issues with vision in the GUI.Does anyone know if its possible to revert both compasses to what you see in this video at 8:55?

First is the default vanilla SH3 bottom right compass.For days I have tried to figure out what textures to remove or add to revert this one dial back to vanilla.

Second is that large compass when scrolling to side of screen which is easily readable for me.Anyone have a clue as to what mod that is from and name of said textures?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote