Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-01-18, 10:50 AM   #76
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

30 September 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1314: Flew to Sedan again. 3 hours 12 minutes."

Fere-en-Tardenois, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0414: Patrolled the Chateau-Thierry-Paris run again. Something different this time - there were two of us. Sgt Jem Bodley and Lt Erik Alvord were in the other plane. Capt Williamson and I had lead. 2 hours 37 minutes."

Fere-en-Tardenois, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "0827: Another trip up to Laon. The German trenchworks are expanding. 1 hour 55 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0450: Patrolled to the west over the lines, then south, following the artillery eastward, then north back to Pontfaverger. Artillery was so heavy I could still hear it back at home field. 1 hour 33 minutes."

Anvers
Filimor Hance writes: "1455: Flew over to Abbeville, then over to Beauvais, south to Amiens, then Chatilly, and back to Anvers. 2 hours 25 minutes."
Old 10-01-18, 09:54 PM   #77
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

1 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1744: Long patrol over enemy territory. Got lost when it got dark, Finally made our way back to Verdun. 2 hours 54 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "0725: Patrolled from Paris to Soissons this time. 3 hours 28 minutes."

Ries Meismer writes: "1036: Took over the Paris -Chateau-Thierry patrol from No 3 Sqdn. 2 hours 49 minutes "

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0638: Flew west to the front lines, then followed them south and east. 2 hours 48 minutes."

Breteuil
Filimor Hance writes: "0449: We have transferred to a new field - Breteuil. 56 minutes.
Old 10-03-18, 04:00 AM   #78
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

2 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0552: Long flight up around the Sedan area again. 4 hours 15 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1122; Flew to Chateau-Thierry, across the lines up to Laon, back down to Soissons, over to Riems then back to Fere-en-Tardenois. 2 hours 20 minutes."

Ries Meismer writes: "1340: Took our new pilot, Lt Douglas Perkins, on a flight around the area. 1 hour 18 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "What an honor! Ltn Boelcke came to me this morning and said we would be flying with him today! Further, he said I would be flight leader and he would follow me. Of course I was very nervous, but things went better than I could have hoped. We took off at 0940 and patrolled the lines from Bapaume down to Peronne, then home again. 2 hours 13 minutes."

Breteuil
Filimor Hance writes: "No flying today. No sooner did we get settled in here than we were told we're moving again tomorrow."
Old 10-04-18, 12:55 AM   #79
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

3 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1023: Patrolled between Verdun and Sedan. 1 hour 44 minutes."

Rere-en-Tardenois, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1356: Chateau-Thierry to Paris run again. 2 hours 9 minutes."

Fere-en-Tardenois, Nor Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1513: Flew with Lt Perkins again. This time he flew and I rode in the front cockpit. He's a good enough pilot, but I still felt nervous having absolutely no control over the machine. I don't know how the regular observers do it. 1 hour 36 minutes.

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "Raining today. No flights."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "0600: Transferred to Esquennoy, 2 whole miles away. 22 minutes."
Old 10-04-18, 09:36 PM   #80
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

4 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "The news tells us that the Germans have taken Ypres and are moving northward. 1222: Short flight up and down the lines. Raining by the time we landed. 1 hour 51 minutes."

Fer-en-Tardenois, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "0504: Dawn flight up to Laon, over to Reims and back again. Slight rain. 3 hours 4 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1619: Over to Paris, then up to Laon and the lines, back south to home. 2 hours 35 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "Heavy rain. No flying."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "Rain has moved in. No flying today."
Old 10-05-18, 09:44 PM   #81
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

5 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1427: Flew up and down the lines again. Low patchy fog. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Amiens, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0509: Moved from Fere-en-Tardenois to Amiens. 1 hour 36 minutes."

Amiens, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "0823: Moved with No 3 Sqdn to new field at Amiens. 1 hour 38 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1207: Extended scouting flight all the way to Paris and back. 2 hours 11 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "0637: Short familiarization flight. 55 minutes."
Old 10-06-18, 11:58 PM   #82
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

6 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "Fog and rain. No flying today. Amazing news though. Two Frenchmen mounted a gun to their Voisin and after several tries yesterday managed to shoot down a German Aviatik. The crew were both killed. It's the first time ever that one airplane has shot down another, and it was two of ours who did it!."

Amiens, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0659: Flew west to the sea, then around the area and back. 2 hours 3 minutes."

Amiens, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1015: Flight up around Abbeville area. 1 hour 37 minutes. "

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1434: Another long flight around the front. Not much to see. 4 hours 11 minutes.

Esquennoy
Jelimor Hance writes: "0747: Longer flight exploring area. 2 hours 19 minutes.
Old 10-07-18, 11:16 PM   #83
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

7 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0740: Beautiful day. Flew to Sedan, then a pass down the lines. 2 hours 5 minutes."

Amiens, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0918: We had a group of senior Army officers show up today. Our orders were to give them rides to various towns and back. I drew a Colonel Healey and was told to take him up to Doullens. He took me aside just before we took off and asked if, once we were out of sight of anyone who could get us into trouble, I could take him for a loop. I said that was certainly possible. After we had turned around over Doullens and were above farm country coming back, I granted his wish. A ways further one we did another. He had told me he had never been up in a plane before and likely never would again, so how could I refuse. As we were returning to Amiens he practically begged me, via vigorous signs, to break off and go around one more time. I had to explain myself to Major Salmond later, but when I told him the poor fellow reminded me of an eager puppy begging for a treat he said it would have been easy enough to just lie about my approach or something, and since he appreciated my honesty he could forgive me "Just this once". 1 hour 12 minutes.'

Amiens, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1207: Interesting day today. A group of Army dignitaries paid us a visit. We were assigned to fly them around the area. I was given a General MacFreign, an Artillery commander. We were not supposed to take our charges anywhere near the lines, but I had special orders to show him what his guns were doing so he could better decide how to dispose of them. We flew over to Peronne, then south to Laon and Sissonne, and then back to Amiens. I gave him a good long look and he seemed happy enough about what he saw. 2 hours 40 minutes.

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0559: Another flight almost to Paris. We witnessed a large artillery duel between the lines, and received some pretty heavy Flak near Villers-Totterets. 2 hours 32 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "1021: Short flight around local area. 46 minutes."
Old 10-08-18, 08:11 PM   #84
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

8 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0950: Up to Sedan again. No fighting going on at the moment. 2 hours 31 minutes."

Abbeville, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1044: Transferred from Amiens to Abbeville. 32 minutes. "

Abbeville, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1502: Transferred from Amiens to Abbeville. 34 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0848: Reconnaissance to Soissins and back. 1 hour 48 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "Rain. No flying today."
Old 10-09-18, 10:58 PM   #85
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

9 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1246: Another trip to Sedan, then over to Reims and back along the lines. 2 hours 10 minutes."

Moyenneville, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "1130: Transferred from Abbeville to Moyenneville. 17 minutes."

Moyenneville, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1550: Transferred from Abbeville to Moyenneville. 16 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1051: Long patrol up and down the lines. 2 hours 49 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "1121: Long flight around extended area. 3 hours 3 minutes."
Old 10-10-18, 11:48 PM   #86
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

10 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1511: Short trip over the lines. Eduard took some pot-shots at a balloon. 47 minutes. The Germans have taken several towns up north."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1202: Flight over to the lines, patrol and back. 2 hours 36 minutes."

Ries Meismer writes: "1620: Flew up to Lens then patrolled down to Cappy. 1 hour 32 minutes. "

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1356: Patrolled the lines from Baupaume down to Soissins. 2 hours 44 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "1439: Followed the leader all over the area, 2 hours 13 minutes. I'm starting to wonder again if we'll ever be allowed into the war. I asked myself the same question a month ago, and nothing has changed."
Old 10-12-18, 01:14 AM   #87
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

11 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1613: Short dusk flight to check for enemy crossing the lines. Landed just before dark. I've made one night-time landing, and I don't want to do it again. 1 hour 10 minutes."

Ries Meismer writes. "0606: Short flight around the area. Moving again tomorrow. 1 hour 27 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "1452: Flew up to Saint Omer scouting for a new field. 3 hours 10 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1655: Gave a new pilot a quick tour of the area. 23 minutes."

Esquennoy
Filimor Hance writes: "0506: Took off in pitch dark with Capitaine Jannerod to look for a new field. He already has one in mind. All we need to do is check it out. It started snowing while we were aloft, fortunately not bad enough to make us land and seek shelter. It looks like he picked a good one, and if the weather doesn't get worse we'll be moving tomorrow. It's up near the coast where the Germans are advancing. 2 hours 43 minutes."
Old 10-12-18, 10:21 PM   #88
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

12 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0837: Flight up to Sedan again. No unusual movement. 2 hours 24 minutes."

Saint-Omer, No 3 Squadron
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0917: Transferred from Moyenneville up to Saint-Omer. 52 minutes."

Saint-Omer, No 4 Squadron
Ries Meismer writes: "1302: Followed No 3 Squadron up to Saint-Omer. 50 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0748: Long flight scouting our side of the lines. 2 hours 46 minutes."

Ostende
Filimor Hance writes: "0804: Transferred from Esquennoy to Ostende. 1 hour 15 minutes. We are now right at the front. Capitaine Jannerod informed us that the Germans have moved all the way to the coast and our forces are right behind. Our job now is to see where the enemy moves next so our troops will know immediately. We are the front line."
Old 10-14-18, 12:34 AM   #89
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

13 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "Rainstorm moving through. No flying."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "Massive storm moving through. No one is able to fly."

Ries Meismer writes: "Rain everywhere. Both our squadrons are grounded."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1048: Raining, but not enough to cancel our patrols. We flew south across the lines and down to Epernay. Saw an entertaining show along the way. We heard an artillery barrage while crossing the lines, and witnessed an enemy truck convoy racing helter-skelter down what was left of a road, being hounded by our shells all the way. We even got a couple of them. Flying down to Epernay and back we encountered a lot of Flak. It was pretty wet down there. I suspect they were bored, and we provided the perfect diversion. The rain picked up on our way home but we made it back safely. 1 hour 54 minutes."

Dunkerque
Filimor Hance writes: "0934: I've been complaining about ever getting to the war, and now we're desperate to get away from it. We woke up to the sound of thunder, and it wasn't just the storm, it was the German guns. The Germans moved up to the outskirts of Oostende during the night and were now preparing to attack the city. Packing everything up took far longer than we would have liked, and we could hear the sound of infantry firing at each other by the time we were ready to take off. The trucks moved out and we took off down the coast to Dunkerque. We had to fight rain and stiff winds all the way, but 57 minutes later we were safely back on the ground again and well behind the lines."
Old 10-15-18, 12:00 AM   #90
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

14 October 1914

Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1122: Patrolled behind the lines. Nobody is moving, nothing is happening. Both sides are sitting in their trenches, seemingly just waiting. 1 hour 52 minutes."

Corrigan Aujla writes: "This is the second day in a row we are rained in."

Ries Meismer writes: "Raining again, not flying. There is a big difference."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1256: Patrol over to Soissons, then down the lines to Reims, then home. 1 hour 18 minutes."

Dunkerque
Filimor Hance writes: "1045: Flew back up to Oostende to see what the damage was. Our forces have dug in a couple of kilometres up from Niewpoort. The Germans are blocked there, and exchangingartillery fire. The Germans will dig in now too, or be forced to pull back. 52 minutes."