SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-20, 06:33 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222
Uploads: 0
Default We Dive At Dawn Question

What order do I install the mods for it.

I put WDAD v1 in first then I have:

WDAD PatchK
WDAD Patch1
WDAD HMS Triton Refit v1
WDAD Missions 1940

Reason I ask is during a single mission I am getting a PC Freeze, nothing happens so I have to Ctrl -Alt - Del to get to end the process.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 09:12 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What you are dealing with is an incomplete mod from lurker_hlb3 (as stated by him), and then an incomplete mod "update" from a couple of other fellows (as stated by them), so things still are not completely "correct", but this is the way I have mine:
1 - WDAD_v100
2 - WDAD_V100_Patch1
3 - WDAD_V100_Patch K
4 - WDAD AI Italian Sub Adua v1.1
5 - WDAD HMS Triton Refit 1.1
6 - WDAD missions 1940
The single missions can go anywhere in the list, as can the Triton, if I remember correctly... The patches both update the CareerStart, with the Patch K having the later date, and some 'corrections', hence their order of application. Even still, the Flotillas and PatrolObjectives files are incomplete, and quite a few of the mod missions are not used, plus there are issues with certain aspects of the mods not functioning as intended (mpo). What is needed to go along with WDAD (besides a "legal" fix) is a good British accent sound mod (with proper vernacular) and a good uniform set, including rank insignia and medals - as well as some missions in the North Sea, etc... - cheerio pip pip!

Of note:
JapLance's [REL] A British Med Campaign
s7rikeback's WDAD Cumulative Fix
I am not certain, but those would come after all of the above... s7rikeback might comment in a bit...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-06-20 at 09:41 AM. Reason: "as stated..." and "Of note:"
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 09:47 AM   #3
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

My mod soup for WDAD works fine with no significant issues noted:

WDAD_v100
WDAD_V100_Patch1
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
SH4 British Dive Klaxon v1-1
WDAD No Surface Hydrophones
WDAD-Cumulative Fix 20-03-20
Loading Screen
Med Campaign 2.5 Release

For Indian Ocean careers, the Med Campaign is deactivated. The No Surface Hydrophones is my own custom fix.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 10:05 AM   #4
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Thank you guys.

I do have the Italian sub too, I forgot.
I was more concerned about Patch1 and PatchK order, but I see I can also have the Med Campaign which I also have but not installed it on this version so now I will.

I see you both have different mods installed, no mention of the PatchK in the second thread, does the Cumulative cover both?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 08-06-20, 10:42 AM   #5
propbeanie

No, the cumulative does not have any UPCData changes. You do have to be careful between the cumulative and the Med campaign, in that some of the files are overwritten, but I do not recall which, or how important they are. The Cumulative is newer though. We had a "fix" to combine the Med and Indian Ocean campaigns, but I do not recall what I did with it... been too long since we noodled with it... mayhaps if s7rikeback gets time to stop by, he'll remember that, as well as if there's anything to watch for with the Cumulative vs Med...

Old 08-06-20, 10:51 AM   #6
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Well I installed the Cul and the Med along with your config, I didn't get the WDAD loading screen anymore but the Med, probably because that was the last thing I installed.

I tried one mission quick but never got a single ship lol, I was just trying it out to see, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Also I changed the screen resolution to match my screen, it was way out, not sure what that will do but now it is the same.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 08-06-20, 11:12 AM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: My WDAD mod mix...

I have WDAD set up with the following (list generated through JSGME to text file) & activated through JSGME:

# 1 WDAD_v100
# 2 WDAD v1 patch 1
# 3 WDAD v1 patch k
# 4 WDAD AI italian sub Adua v1.1
# 5 WDAD HMS Triton refit v1.1
# 6 WDAD cumulative fix v3.20.20
# 6a Med Campaign v2.5
# 8 British Army Omega Chrono Black Hands Ivory
# 9 Creaks & groans revamped mod
#10 SH4 British Dive Klaxon v1-1
#12 TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
#15 Improved bow wave transparent mod
#15b Improved conning tower wave - medium
#17 Class T v 1.73 Dazzle 2.2 mod
NMMO Reverse Ocean Colors Add-on
Smaller seabed rocks
Smaller seaplants-small
Sober's Better Sand v2
Sober's better rocks v2
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors
Lite Fog v2 + 100' Underwater Visability
Webster's Smaller Rain for v1.5
SH5 water for SH4 mod
Nav map make over v2.1
Nav map make over v2.1 - Airbase add-on
#14 Black map contacts v1.1 mod
#13 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1600x)
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM
Magnified HUD dials v1.5 - Medium
WernerSobe's NSM4 light
Radio mod

It plays just fine enough for Me... though, I do have to note that the sub I am running a career with, the only sub at that.. The T class, has a funky looking rudder & a dual set of rear dive planes... this is, of course, purely a cosmetic issue... yet, again.. am able to play it just fine.

M. M.

Old 08-06-20, 01:48 PM   #8
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
Well I installed the Cul and the Med along with your config, I didn't get the WDAD loading screen anymore but the Med, probably because that was the last thing I installed.

I tried one mission quick but never got a single ship lol, I was just trying it out to see, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Also I changed the screen resolution to match my screen, it was way out, not sure what that will do but now it is the same.

Col.
I should have noted above (but forgot) that the Cumulative was done without benefit of the MedCampaign, which uses -remove directives and would naturally some of what the Cumulative does. I found some of my files to combine the two, but I can't find the fixes for after that to some of the campaign files. If I can, I'll hand them off to s7rikeback, and combine those...

Old 08-06-20, 02:33 PM   #9
Col7777
Grey Wolf

I just went on the Tarantino Bay mission, while circling in the bay as instructed, I was expecting the radio message to say that Italy was at war.
Then I saw a DD, I ignored it thinking we were not at war yet and it fired on me, I wasn't in position to fire a torpedo so dived, then out of no where came 4 more DD's.
I was at periscope depth thinking I might get one or two then my scope wouldn't operate, I hadn't received any damage from the attack, so I went deep and silent, zig zagged and lost them.

So something stopped my periscope from working, back to the drawing board lol.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 08-06-20, 03:07 PM   #10
propbeanie

I would say that if wanting to do JapLance's Med Campaign, to leave off the Cumulative, and possibly even the Triton Re-Fit. I haven't looked at the Triton thoroughly yet, as compared with the Med Campaign. But you probably have a mod conflict that is affecting your submarine's parts. And you do know they say "parts is parts"... - the more mods you add-in, the more chance for incompatibility.

Old 08-08-20, 07:17 AM   #11
Col7777
Grey Wolf

I was in a mission and returning to base (Valletta), I've never seen an air attack like it.
There were planes everywhere, black dots all over the map above Malta, like a swarm of bees.
A few ships got damaged in port as well.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 12-15-20, 03:54 AM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Default Re: Question... part deux...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I would say that if wanting to do JapLance's Med Campaign, to leave off the Cumulative, and possibly even the Triton Re-Fit. I haven't looked at the Triton thoroughly yet, as compared with the Med Campaign. But you probably have a mod conflict that is affecting your submarine's parts. And you do know they say "parts is parts"... - the more mods you add-in, the more chance for incompatibility.
Am thinking this reply, was directed My way... only a guesstimate, & if correct...

Can report, I took out those 2 mods, &... a no go... the T class, still looks wonky with the rudder not quite looking right & a dual set of rear dive planes...

I shall endeavor to go back & make sure that I deleted the save folder... just to make sure... that I did NOT forget to do that... pip pip cheerio.. & all that rubbish... hurumph... brrrggghhh... hurumph...

M. M.

Nope... I did delete the save folder, as I had to redo the settings, when I opened it up... & reset them. After doing that, went into the training section & ran the nav course... & still the same thing, funky looking rudder & a dual set of rear dive planes.... that's officially it.

I'll keep it about to dink about with... for now.

Hopefully before I go on eternal patrol Myself.. it maybe may get finished. My thanks to those that have or had worked on getting it to this stage. A tip o' the hat to y'all.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-15-20 at 04:52 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 10:45 AM   #13
propbeanie

There is probably more than one item in the sub that is not compatible with WDAD, no matter what you try - without doing a complete re-working of ~all~ of the parts involved, including probably the base mod itself...

Old 12-16-20, 05:33 PM   #14
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There is probably more than one item in the sub that is not compatible with WDAD, no matter what you try - without doing a complete re-working of ~all~ of the parts involved, including probably the base mod itself...
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, as stated, the issue I mentioned despite removing those parts out, still remains.

The craziness of it all, is despite those issues with regards to the subs appearance, does NOT impede the subs movements, reactions to orders & the like... so, I shall continue to use it in the interim, with the hopes that somewhere along the river of time, more work can be done to correct those & any other issues & before I go on eternal patrol Myself...

1 can hope...

Again, many thanks to all who have gotten WdaD, thus far...

As always,

Fair winds, smooth seas & Good hunting...

Gute jagd, ihr himmelhunde

M. M.