SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-21, 07:37 PM   #2821
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You fellers must have been posting while I was replying earlier... Anyway

Well, the Ko Hyoteki could do 19 knots, as could the Sen Taka. Imagine chasing one of those with an Everts...

The AI Subs are basically "destroyers". That is all the game allows. We wanted them to be more than "docile", which is all they are in Stock. There are submerged submarines available in the game, but we felt that wouldn't be "sporting" to have any of them active, and to let a player make the choice with an add-in mod later in the mod cycle. As for the active sonar, we hadn't even noticed that yet, but that will "die". We'll keep their hydrophone, so they can track you. Remember though, submarines shoot torpedoes! The sub damage models have been worked on multiple times, and since they are formerly player-controlled subs, they are still a bit on the strong side, but remember, subs did have water-tight compartmentalization, especially when at Battle Stations - well, except the Ko Hyoteki... might be a bit difficult to do that with them.
excuse me but it is possible that i did not express myself plainly enough.

i have been chased by a sub, i forget if it was a regular-sized boat or a mini, and the little #ucker was doing 23 kts!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:35 AM   #2822
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0

Good Evening Gentlemen,

PropBeanie, I was just setting the Flotillas.upc up for the Titan. I found that in the Flotilla 13, Saipan, That the MidwayPC2 was set to Flotilla 1. All the others are set to 13 as they should be. The question is, is this an oops or is it set this way for a reason?

as always thank you for your time.

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:30 PM   #2823
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax View Post
Hello Captains,

great work at all.
Since my last visit here at Subsim from 08.10.2017 my life changed hard.
I wanne thank the team for keeping FOTRS alive.

Best regards from Germany and no, i dont wear a mask in my sub

MadMax
MadMax!!! Good to hear from you once again! Yes, your original mod is gorgeous, and we have attempted to keep that, as well as add more to what your team did. We stand on your shoulders, and it is a dizzying height! lol - we hope our next version eliminates most of the landmines we recently added to the mod... Same old same old, with 2 steps forward, one step back, except the last release seemed to be 2 steps forward, 2 steps back... We are sorry to hear of life changing for the more difficult, and wish you well, and all the best to you and yours! Masks are not allowed in our sub either, since the CO2 level is already too high at 350 foot for the past 28 hours. Who needs to breathe more of that directly?... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I do not recall saving and exiting during that game. I did take saves, but had no need to reload one of them until I finally gave up on seeing anything. In the past I have encountered all of the resupply forces you mentioned, especially around Cape Esperance. In previous versions of FOTRSU I found the group heading down the slot to combat the Allied forces waiting for just in front of Savo Island, but not this time. Zilch. Perhaps in some future career I'll try it again, but I don't want to stop where I am until we get a new release. I think it's my OCD kicking in that I hate to go backwards!

You have so much to do that I would not encourage you to spend any time on it until other things are done. It will move up in severity when others encounter it - otherwise it's just something in my doings, although I can't imagine what.
Well, we did find an issue, and it is one that plagues most of the mods and stock if you hit certain areas at certain times. The issue here is that the 42a layer and 42b layer have a "seam" right at the September 1, 1942 time frame, so the traffic usually "dies" and then picks back up between roughly August 27 and September 4th, due to the "cycle" and timing of the "RGG calls", which is when the Random Generated Groups "spawn" and begin traveling. In this case, it is Rabaul to Shortlands, and Shortlands to Florida / Guadalcanal islands - short runs, so it can be rather pronounced, as you experienced. So we have added a few extra small groups to the Solomons file, which is not restricted by the "layer" dates, and it now "bridges" the gap with a few, select runs. We'll have to see what happens when everybody else gets their mitts on the next release, and see what you all think. It looks wunnerful at this time to me... I still have to turn down all of the Allied airplane response though when Emirau comes online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
Here's the list of my FotRSU mods. The team can tell me where or not the under lying issue has been addressed in 1.39:

Nice, but I could get by without:
452_MoonlightzSonarLine
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
CSL Custom Map Colors -I'm old and don't see well so having deep water light blue makes it a lot easier to see lines.
EZ Plot V1.0
HighContScope
Webster's Easy to Read Game Text
Webster's Missing Voices

I would really like to hang on to:
FOTRSU Position Keeper Tweek
UStorp125plus150
Webster's New Sonar View
Webster's Smaller Clock Needles

Almost a deal breaker:
Bigger Better Protractors
Webster's Ship Maneuvering Fix -The sub acts like a sports car without it!
3000 Yard Bearing Tool
454_EasyAOB_FotRSU + Manual Range and Mast Height Dial Fix -The TDC is really difficult to use without it.

I don't have a large amount of mods. Like Einstein said "Keep things as simple as possible, but no simpler"
The Add-In mods were removed for two reasons, #1 being that we wanted a "clean" base-mod to find all of the issues we introduced with the previous and latest updates. #2 was due to about 1/2 of the mods no longer being compatible, due to a few changes in the rest of the mod, including the menu_1024_768.ini file. Anything to do with that file is not compatible, which were the 399 mods in v1.24. We have not had a chance to run through those and make the minor changes for them yet, but rest assured that anything we had before, we will once again, along with a few more. What you do yourself to a mod once we release it, is all up to you, the player, but we cannot help then when it comes to issues encountered. Now, 452_MoonlightzSonarLine and 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols are most likely compatible still. Bigger Better Protractors is part of the base-mod, but mods like 454_EasyAOB_FotRSU are older versions, and most likely not 100% compatible. Any other mod from any other author, including the Webster's mod, would not be compatible with FotRSU, as good as those mods are. Webster's mods are built for Stock, not FotRSU. As an example, if you use Webster's "Missing Voices", you overwrite a lot of work that CapnScurvy and I did to "fix" repeated voices, as well as some of the missing voices. Therefore, it is not recommended to add anything that is not numbered by the FotRSU team, which helps in designating what can be used with what. A like number (such as 399) indicates that only ONE of those mods can be used, not all of them. The use of anything else will be at the player's risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
excuse me but it is possible that i did not express myself plainly enough.

i have been chased by a sub, i forget if it was a regular-sized boat or a mini, and the little #ucker was doing 23 kts!
No, no misunderstanding. The Ko Hyoteki is supposed to be limited to 19 knots... In both the cfg and sim files, it was indeed listed as 23knots, and has been updated to reflect "historical" values... - we all know how realistic "historical" values can be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
... PropBeanie, I was just setting the Flotillas.upc up for the Titan. I found that in the Flotilla 13, Saipan, That the MidwayPC2 was set to Flotilla 1. All the others are set to 13 as they should be. The question is, is this an oops or is it set this way for a reason?...
"Oops" would be one way of putting it, yes... but I can think of several other four letter words, expletives deletives to the last, that could take that "oops" place... - The Flotillas.upc file, as well as a couple other files, were interim versions that got mixed into the v1.39 release by mistake. We promise it won't happen again... until the next time. - If you are making edits there, it would be best to make all of the boats listed as "Flotilla 13", or "F13", as the case may be. If you don't, that particular call can "bomb" the game completely, which is why we recommend, at this time, to not transfer to the Advance Bases if playing the game without edits. Quite a few of the "Advance Base" Flotillas have multiple typos. We are currently going through the Flotillas. upc file, as well as the connected files ~again~, and I am still finding the occasional typo... - I knew I should have taken the time three years ago to build me a little applet to check these things... ah well - we'll get there eventually...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-04-21 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typos - and here I wonder where Flotillas got them... sigh
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:10 PM   #2824
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

propbeanie, glad I could help. I am looking forward to the next release.
Will be time consuming to re-edit the flotilla file again, but always worth it.

as always, thank you and all the modders for the countless hours you put into this mod.

Thank you

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:39 AM   #2825
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 1

"The Add-In mods were removed for two reasons, #1 being that we wanted a "clean" base-mod to find all of the issues we introduced with the previous and latest updates. #2 was due to about 1/2 of the mods no longer being compatible, due to a few changes in the rest of the mod, including the menu_1024_768.ini file. Anything to do with that file is not compatible, which were the 399 mods in v1.24. We have not had a chance to run through those and make the minor changes for them yet, but rest assured that anything we had before, we will once again, along with a few more. What you do yourself to a mod once we release it, is all up to you, the player, but we cannot help then when it comes to issues encountered. Now, 452_MoonlightzSonarLine and 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols are most likely compatible still. Bigger Better Protractors is part of the base-mod, but mods like 454_EasyAOB_FotRSU are older versions, and most likely not 100% compatible. Any other mod from any other author, including the Webster's mod, would not be compatible with FotRSU, as good as those mods are. Webster's mods are built for Stock, not FotRSU. As an example, if you use Webster's "Missing Voices", you overwrite a lot of work that CapnScurvy and I did to "fix" repeated voices, as well as some of the missing voices. Therefore, it is not recommended to add anything that is not numbered by the FotRSU team, which helps in designating what can be used with what. A like number (such as 399) indicates that only ONE of those mods can be used, not all of them. The use of anything else will be at the player's risk."

PB-
This is a well presented arguement. I think for myself, I have a mindset that anything from Ubi is generally broken and won't work except with mods!! I've forgotten that Fall of the Rising Sun comes from the mod team who are trying to develop the best simulation experience they can. I also had to look at my mindset and many of the mods I choose are more 'cheats' than enhancements. This mod soup we end up is turns out like the The old lady who swallowed the fly...

I'm going to give 1.39 and Nippon Maru a shot. Maybe I can give some solid feedback. I really anxious to see the changes in the radar.

Now, a install question: is 1.39 an upgrade from 1.24 or a stand alone expansion.? That really wasn't clear in the install notes.

Thanks for all your work.....
Old 03-05-21, 10:59 AM   #2826
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I can confirm that MoonlightzSonarLine (wrong spelling by the way, should be a "s" not a "z" ) and CapnScurvy's 3000 Yard Bearing Tool are 100% compatible, I've just finished a full 1.39 campaign with those two activated and not one freeze or crash experienced.
I would try them out with the Nippon Maru mod as well but the next version is almost upon us, I think it is anyway?.......and then maybe it's not?, and it all depends on whether or not Mr beanie inadvertently activates oldmanitis again , so I don't want to start a new career and then scrap it after a week, so it's over to you Mr beanie.

I don't see a problem with using the Strategic_Map_Symbols mod either, it's just a few graphics files so I would put them at 99.9% compatibility with out even testing them. Famous last words.
Old 03-05-21, 12:46 PM   #2827
propbeanie

I had a list somewhere of the mods that were almost certainly compatible (also "famous last words"), but I cannot find it, so here we go from oldmanitis brain fahrtz:
  1. 252_D3D9_AntiLag = no longer recommended with 'modern' graphics cards
  2. 301_MoreDifficultAI = part of the "base" mod now
  3. 399c_NoScrollNavMap - SameSizedDials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  4. 399_NoScrollNavMap = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  5. 399_Same Size HUD Dials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  6. 454c_Easy AOB_InputTargetDistance = Possibly compatible (dials)
  7. 454_Easy AOB = Possibly compatible (dials)
  8. 525_v0.75_Camera = part of the "base" mod now
  9. 650_LotsaDudz = should be compatible, though very frustrating
  10. 650_MoreDudz = should be compatible, but frustrating
  11. 650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz = should be compatible, AOTD_MadMax's "mix" of "crazy" (~Mad~)
  12. 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols = probably compatible
  13. MoonlightsSonarLine (can't remember the numbering) = should be compatible
  14. One other mod I cannot remember... sigh
The 3000 yard bearing tool is twice as big as the one in FotRSU, and as such, does eat more memory, but with the 'modern' computer, that should not impact you. I have not looked at that at all yet, so YMMV from Moonlight's.

Version 1.39 is a stand-alone package, not an upgrade to v1.2x, or any previous versions. As for release date for v1.4x, s7rikeback7 finished weeks ago, but I keep falling behind while attempting to fix the issues from the use of an interim edit Flotillas file in v1.39. I apparently deleted the wrong file from my hard drive prior to the build - I don't know - but I am having to rebuild what I had. The intention was to get a "skeleton" for a later add-in mod, but I am putting some "flesh" on the bones now, just to make certain of the fixes. So I am going to "guess" (computer geek for "I don't know when") a week or two (again). I am going through the 23 Flotillas (most are transfer-in locations), doing a test-start for each boat, and trying to make certain the transfers work, then fixing them as I encounter issues. Troubles are fewer and further between, but I am still finding the occasional typo, which "bombs" everything when encountered, and are often very difficult to find. I would go ahead and start new Careers, or start running through cdrsubron7's selection of SingleMissions, most of which can be thought of as War Patrols, without the origination and termination requirements. They can take hours each by themselves. You do have to be careful of some of the War Patrols in v1.39. I have found one thus far that will CTD the computer as it launches. The name escapes my Hogan's Heroes Stalag 13 brain. However, cdrsubron7's Patrol, and all of the converted Stock Patrols, as well as the Alaskan Patrols should function...

Old 03-05-21, 01:39 PM   #2828
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I had a list somewhere of the mods that were almost certainly compatible (also "famous last words"), but I cannot find it, so here we go from oldmanitis brain fahrtz:
  1. 252_D3D9_AntiLag = no longer recommended with 'modern' graphics cards
  2. 301_MoreDifficultAI = part of the "base" mod now
  3. 399c_NoScrollNavMap - SameSizedDials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  4. 399_NoScrollNavMap = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  5. 399_Same Size HUD Dials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  6. 454c_Easy AOB_InputTargetDistance = Possibly compatible (dials)
  7. 454_Easy AOB = Possibly compatible (dials)
  8. 525_v0.75_Camera = part of the "base" mod now
  9. 650_LotsaDudz = should be compatible, though very frustrating
  10. 650_MoreDudz = should be compatible, but frustrating
  11. 650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz = should be compatible, AOTD_MadMax's "mix" of "crazy" (~Mad~)
  12. 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols = probably compatible
  13. MoonlightsSonarLine (can't remember the numbering) = should be compatible
  14. One other mod I cannot remember... sigh
The 3000 yard bearing tool is twice as big as the one in FotRSU, and as such, does eat more memory, but with the 'modern' computer, that should not impact you. I have not looked at that at all yet, so YMMV from Moonlight's.

Version 1.39 is a stand-alone package, not an upgrade to v1.2x, or any previous versions. As for release date for v1.4x, s7rikeback7 finished weeks ago, but I keep falling behind while attempting to fix the issues from the use of an interim edit Flotillas file in v1.39. I apparently deleted the wrong file from my hard drive prior to the build - I don't know - but I am having to rebuild what I had. The intention was to get a "skeleton" for a later add-in mod, but I am putting some "flesh" on the bones now, just to make certain of the fixes. So I am going to "guess" (computer geek for "I don't know when") a week or two (again). I am going through the 23 Flotillas (most are transfer-in locations), doing a test-start for each boat, and trying to make certain the transfers work, then fixing them as I encounter issues. Troubles are fewer and further between, but I am still finding the occasional typo, which "bombs" everything when encountered, and are often very difficult to find. I would go ahead and start new Careers, or start running through cdrsubron7's selection of SingleMissions, most of which can be thought of as War Patrols, without the origination and termination requirements. They can take hours each by themselves. You do have to be careful of some of the War Patrols in v1.39. I have found one thus far that will CTD the computer as it launches. The name escapes my Hogan's Heroes Stalag 13 brain. However, cdrsubron7's Patrol, and all of the converted Stock Patrols, as well as the Alaskan Patrols should function...
s7rikeback, has not finished by a long shot... These AI Sub damage models do not get "fixed" by themselves...
Old 03-05-21, 05:22 PM   #2829
propbeanie

Whoops!!! oldmanitis has crept in through the screen door hatch once again!!! - I had forgotten about that relatively recent find...

btw, has anyone else attempted mazzi's reply to Bubblehead1980 in the small Radar bug in TMO thread?

Old 03-05-21, 10:16 PM   #2830
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Carriers at dead stop

Don't recall if the matter of Split Merchants sitting still was ever resolved, but I just found another instance, but this time it is two Hiyo Class CVs.

On completion of third patrol out of Fremantle, was offered a new boat (Gato) and upon taking it was airlifted to Pearl Harbor. Requested a transfer to Brisbane, which was granted. Left Brisbane for a patrol off Lingayen Gulf on 2/09/43. On 2/19/43 encountered an IJN Task Force South and East of Leyte Gulf, where I sank two escort carriers and one Takao heavy cruiser. Making my escape to the NNE, about an hour later I got two sonar contacts, that appeared not to be moving.

I checked them out - 2 Hiyo class CV's sitting dead in the water, about 1/2 mile apart. Whether they were part of the TF I had attacked and laid back, or were held up for some other reason I can't say. They were at approximately 127-34E; 008-39N and just sitting there in the dark.

Three Mark 14's each later and they went to the bottom.

Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but finding that much tonnage in strategic warships just sitting there was indeed strange. No escorts in sight, sonar, or radar range!

Just thought you'd like to know.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:22 AM   #2831
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

SHO The unknown plane CTD issue

Another plane-induced CTD, this time just below the southernmost contour line of the Bungo Suido on 7/7/45, sometime between midnight and dawn. Plane type is unknowable as the CTD occurs before it's in visual range. Timeframe is mid-1943 to mid-1945.

Types believed to be excluded:
- all single-engine fighters operating in pairs or lacking radar
- Betty ASW
- Betty Ohka
- Emily/Mavis (encountered multiple unit flights of one of these types around Truk without issue)
- Lorna (not spotted but non-operational prior to 1945)

My impression is that all of the other identified all-weather ASW contacts we've had post-Truk were of a single type, most likely Judy. Not sure we've seen a single Kate or Jill; the latter being the obvious culprit and so undoubtedly exonerated long ago.

If the CTDs are not induced by a specific plane per se, could it be a combination of diving, turning, and a radar alert in conjunction with something else? In three of the four specific cases I recall, we were following a recently plotted course involving multiple turns over a relatively large area (Convoy College being the smallest; Bungo-Kii-Suruga the largest) and went to periscope depth upon radar warning of a plane. TC was somewhere between 32 and 250ish, IIRC.

USS Balao, ex-Saipan, after completing Abuse patrol.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:27 AM   #2832
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Another plane-induced CTD, this time just below the southernmost contour line of the Bungo Suido on 7/7/45, sometime between midnight and dawn. Plane type is unknowable as the CTD occurs before it's in visual range.

- Betty ASW
- Betty Ohka
- Emily/Mavis (encountered multiple unit flights of one of these types around Truk without issue)

My impression is that all of the other identified all-weather ASW contacts we've had post-Truk were of a single type, most likely Judy. Not sure we've seen a single Kate or Jill; the latter being the obvious culprit and so undoubtedly exonerated long ago.

If the CTDs are not induced by a specific plane, could it be a combination of diving, turning, and a radar alert? In three of the four specific cases I recall, we were following a recently plotted course involving multiple turns over a relatively large area (Convoy College being the smallest; Bungo-Kii-Suruga the largest) and went to periscope depth upon radar warning of a plane. TC was somewhere between 32 and 250ish, IIRC.

i vote for the ASW Betty. That is the plane that was in the vicinity when i got my CTD.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 12:44 PM   #2833
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
i vote for the ASW Betty. That is the plane that was in the vicinity when i got my CTD.
Could be we're talking about two different issues as mine are never identifiable. One of those ASW Betties showed up and was promptly shot down while we were disposing of convoy remnants the afternoon before the CTD.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 01:24 PM   #2834
propbeanie

Quote:
Don't recall if the matter of Split Merchants sitting still was ever resolved, but I just found another instance, but this time it is two Hiyo Class CVs.

On completion of third patrol out of Fremantle, was offered a new boat (Gato) and upon taking it was airlifted to Pearl Harbor. Requested a transfer to Brisbane, which was granted. Left Brisbane for a patrol off Lingayen Gulf on 2/09/43. On 2/19/43 encountered an IJN Task Force South and East of Leyte Gulf, where I sank two escort carriers and one Takao heavy cruiser. Making my escape to the NNE, about an hour later I got two sonar contacts, that appeared not to be moving.

I checked them out - 2 Hiyo class CV's sitting dead in the water, about 1/2 mile apart. Whether they were part of the TF I had attacked and laid back, or were held up for some other reason I can't say. They were at approximately 127-34E; 008-39N and just sitting there in the dark.

Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but finding that much tonnage in strategic warships just sitting there was indeed strange. No escorts in sight, sonar, or radar range!

They ~were~ problem children. s7rikeback has put the kabosh-whoop on those, and hopefully all other vessels in the game. The issues of this type should be resolved, but keep reporting them, in case we missed one. It can be most difficult to find the typos in some of these files, but we are slowly rooting them out, kind of like taking a dandelion weeding fork to a 10 acre tract of land... we will eventually get there, but not without time - and blisters in places we don't want to think about or see... lol

Quote:
Another plane-induced CTD, this time just below the southernmost contour line of the Bungo Suido on 7/7/45, sometime between midnight and dawn. Plane type is unknowable as the CTD occurs before it's in visual range. Timeframe is mid-1943 to mid-1945.

- Betty ASW
- Betty Ohka

If the CTDs are not induced by a specific plane per se, could it be a combination of diving, turning, and a radar alert in conjunction with something else? In three of the four specific cases I recall, we were following a recently plotted course involving multiple turns over a relatively large area (Convoy College being the smallest; Bungo-Kii-Suruga the largest) and went to periscope depth upon radar warning of a plane. TC was somewhere between 32 and 250ish, IIRC.

Yes, we have found a couple of problem planes also, similar to the ships with configuration problems. It is a pinch more difficult to "weed out" air problems though, since it can be difficult to find leverage for that dandelion fork...

Quote:
Quote:
Could be we're talking about two different issues as mine are never identifiable. One of those ASW Betties showed up and was promptly shot down while we were disposing of convoy remnants the afternoon before the CTD.
The ASW Betty is seemingly fine, for the most part. There was one of the several "Zero" models (I cannot remember exactly which one), plus another plane that were found with troubles. However, note some of the previous posts about issues with the IJN's use of AI Subs... In this case, they are like Divine Wind vessels, in that since they can't get to your submarine, they "dirty bomb" the environment, and can potentially CTD the game... - wow, somebody has had too much coffee and is ~full~ of analogies - or B.S... Either way though, there are several "problem children" influencing this issue, on the sea, above the sea, and in the sea... With all of the "testing" I've been doing the last few weeks, I have not encountered any ships that do not have props & rudders functional, nor airplanes crashing the game (seemingly). The crashes that I did encounter seemed to occur at "visual range", so if you have radar on, they are fine, but as soon as they render, "BOOM", the game CTDs. As I say though, I have not encountered that in weeks now. All I get now is the self-inflicted weirdness of the Flotillas file and playable submarines.

Another little side note: I have found a mission assignment in more than one flotilla (Pearl & Midway??) that is from "back in the day" (I have to do more research to find its origin) - the date range in Flotillas.upc does not match in the PatrolObjectives.cfg file for the given assignment. Someone was attempting to "historically" restrict assignments to certain areas by date in the PatrolObjectives, but neglected to remove, or restrict the attempted assignment in Flotillas.upc (surely, it wasn't that propbeanie fellow - ). The boat ends up with the game's "default" East China Sea assignment, which is what the game attempts to fall through to when there is trouble with finding a valid "Objective" assignment. What seemingly happens here, from what I have seen in the Save file, is that this "throws an internal error" or something, and the Save file then grows from roughly 300-500 KB into a 1.2+Gig monster (basically doubling in size), that seems to impact everything. The extent of the trouble this causes is difficult to gauge. Trying to find all such occurrences is quit tedious - more difficult than finding typos - especially with oldmanitis eyes (not related to Betty Davis eyes, but close)

This does not mean an East China Sea assignment is not correct. There are probably over two dozen such assignments for CenPac boats. However, if any of you are using SoWesPac subs out of Fremantle, Brisbane, Milne, Manos, Mios, etc., and you get an assignment to the ECS, especially after March of 1942, definitely give us a SHOUT!

Old 03-06-21, 01:42 PM   #2835
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:

Quote:

- Betty ASW
- Betty Ohka

Quote:
Guys, as propbeanie has stated previous in this thread, all the CTD issues with aircraft have now been fixed, I have personally tested and watched every axis aircraft doing an attack run on several trawlers i usd as targets, very interesting to watch.

Some of the axis aircraft, now also have radar from 1942 onwards, again, each aircraft has been tested by me... keep those periscopes hidden...

And, lastly I have made changes to all the damage models in the AI Jap subs, each one now slides towards Davy Jones Locker after 2/3 torpedo hits.

Probeanie has all the above files, for final testing, as he completes his work.

on another note, I saw above that the Hiyo Class CVs were seen having a tea-break,I have ran this model in a single mission and can confirm it's A-OK in-game, so another unit close by has effected it. We have already tracked and fixed serveral JPN sea units..

Last edited by s7rikeback; 03-06-21 at 01:53 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote