SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-12, 03:05 PM   #61
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hi Trevally!

I think that I do it with the campaign.mis in the Fix. For the Brest-convoy Iīm not sure. Before I would say 8days cooldown, but now I think itīs better to remove him.

The tutorial, at lest I can try. If it dont work, I can remove the Kiel convoys also complete, because nobody would miss there.
Yes - I think best to remove as this then will also remove any doubt
Old 02-02-12, 03:13 PM   #62
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
The same method could be used when getting CTD while aproaching to KielHarbour zone. Waiting for several days may not solve the problem. F.e., after I fail with entering Kiel through the channel, I turned round and made a long voyage via Skaggerak to enter the harbour through the sea gate, and got CTD appr. at the same distance (30-50 km) from Kiel as it was in the channel. Meanwhile this voyage took a week to go
This maybe is sovlved when I remove the convoy respawning in Kiel. There are two, one every day (cooldown 1,0 days) and the other cooldown 1,2 days, a few more. Thats enough that nearly everytime the game try to make a convoy. I make a test-file for you, if you like.
Quote:
If lack of RAM (available memory) is not the reason of CTD (and I'm sure it is not) then could it be issued because of low harddisk data exchange rate? I'm not an expert and I suppose it just because while rating the PC with Win tools this parameter was detected as the weakest link of my PC configuration (I have SATA2 3 Gb/s connection). And as I mentioned very hard data exchange occurs just in pause before bunker scene appears (I usually got CTD in this part and bunker is almost about being visible)
Yes, when the game make the harbour objects visible. In this moment itīs need memory. Try only with the four mods and itīs much lesser data exchange.
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 03:22 PM   #63
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Just testing a fix for the tutorial.

Script say for player to head back to Kiel and in the mis shows a kiel map marker zone for this.
I have moved this to outside where I would get ctds so that the tutorial will finish outside of Kiel harbour.

Old 02-02-12, 03:25 PM   #64
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Hi Uekel!
Don't bother with tutorial at all. We get used to play it with no mods at fullspeed just in purpose to 'warm up' videoadapter Its a shame for the caleuns to have those pour Polish ships from tutorial being sunk in the captainslog and to get points for them
Hmm... I had played it always very happy, everything was still comfortable, and all begins... also the news traffic was exciting...... And as often as the campaign was changed, I knew it very well.
Old 02-02-12, 03:34 PM   #65
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hmm... I had played it always very happy, everything was still comfortable, and all begins... also the news traffic was exciting...... And as often as the campaign was changed, I knew it very well.
When I expected problems with WinXP and reinstalled the whole game dozens of times I got really tyred of plaing tutorial. So may be You don't play it enough and can still enjoy it - than it is OK. May be when I forget all the dialogs from tutorial that can be reproduced by me even when woken up at nighttime than I should feel the strong desire to play it again
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 03:49 PM   #66
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Re Kiel map zone
Looks like this is just an objective to reach area for points and will not end tutorial
Old 02-02-12, 04:09 PM   #67
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Re Kiel map zone
Looks like this is just an objective to reach area for points and will not end tutorial
Hmm... i was wrong too, itīs only one convoy on the same time to remove in Kiel. But perhaps is it enough. Vlad, if you like to test it, youīll find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jv5xu1plccabafv.

Sorry, campaign must restarted , but you donīt need tutorial . Ok, I know I also can test it, but for me it runs before.
Old 02-02-12, 04:13 PM   #68
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Hmm... i was wrong too, itīs only one convoy on the same time to remove in Kiel. But perhaps is it enough. Vlad, if you like to test it, youīll find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jv5xu1plccabafv.

Sorry, campaign must restarted , but you donīt need tutorial . Ok, I know I also can test it, but for me it runs before.
Thanks for the link Uekel! Should it be installed after mtns or after fix1.6c?
Old 02-02-12, 04:22 PM   #69
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Thanks for the link Uekel! Should it be installed after mtns or after fix1.6c?
Important is only, after OHII to make the last changes.

For now itīs only for Kiel, later I made the same for Brest, but I think, testing for that is not nessecary.

And, I have to Thank.
Old 02-02-12, 04:51 PM   #70
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Iīm comparing the data\roster\names.cfg in OHII and in mnts and they have a lot of discrepancies. Iīve merged both and going to test it now to see what happens.
Really true, Iīve forgot the OHII countries....
Old 02-02-12, 05:17 PM   #71
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Really true, Iīve forgot the OHII countries....
The good thing is that we are progressing as we discover new issues.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 05:24 PM   #72
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Re ending tutorial : this script is a PITA .
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany\Tu torial_mission PY File .

anyone know scripting ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 05:43 PM   #73
vlad29
XO

Just tested one more time not fixed version. The results are:
1. Started new camp. with heavy mod-list (76 mods)- NO PROBLEM
2. Went through the Kiel Channel, wait for 1 day, returned to Kiel via channel with TCx128 - NO PROBLEM
3. Finished patrol, quit to main menu, tried to load autosave - CTD when loading
4. Tried to load autosave from Win - NO PROBLEM, 2 nd patrol and propper date were displaed in Capt.Log
5. Went into the harbour, ended patrol in 5 min, tried to start the next one without quitting - got CTD when loading.
6. Load autosave from Windows - NO PROBLEM, start 3-rd patrol, finished in 1 min, saved as /111/, quit to main menu, loaded /111/ again - NO PROBLEM, started patrol - NO PROBLEM
Then was redirected to Wilhelmshafen - that was OK everything

Conclusion: may be CTD were caused by errors of overwriting inbunker autosave file, may be not.
Old 02-02-12, 05:53 PM   #74
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Made me confused....
Quote:
Load autosave from Windows
I assume, it means you start the game new and load this savegame?
Old 02-02-12, 05:57 PM   #75
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Made me confused....I assume, it means you start the game new and load this savegame?
Restart game (ofcourse), but not the career. After ending patrol I find myself in bunker ready for the next one, that means new autosave file (that overwrighted the previous one) was created already

EDIT: Forgot to mention one "blackship" was spotted in KielHarbour (docked). She was really black (ext. camera was mooved very close to her)