SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-06, 04:19 PM   #16
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Also keep in mind that as of now, dotNET 2.0 is still only beta.
It isn´t, 2.0 Final was released a while ago.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 04:31 PM   #17
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Thankyou . Works now after installing 1.1

Regards FRITZ DITTMER OBERLEUTNANT Z. S.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 04:38 PM   #18
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

How do i access this colored world map while playing the career ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 06:37 PM   #19
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Downloads: 38

That's correct, .NET framework 2.0 is now released. If the program is written in .NET 2003, it will NOT be compatable with 2.0. they are two seperate frameworks. However, programmes developed in .NET 2005 are backwards compatible with 1.1.

Case in point, installing 2.0 will NOT overwrite 1.1.

I don't mean to highjack, I am just clarifying the .NET framework issue, as I understand a bit about .NET as my company develops its software using it.
Skweetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 06:51 PM   #20
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

@sober: I am glad it's working for you now. Which campaign mod are you using?

@sober: The colored map is just for reference. I hope you can easily locate the theaters in this map. However, I will make an annotated map later.

Gizzmoe: I have checked and yes, you are correct. DotNET 2.0 is final since a few months, as is Visual Studio 2005.

@Skweetis: Does this mean everybody with 2.0 has to / can install 1.1 alongside? I ask because I absolutely have to put this into the technical readme.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 07:38 PM   #21
Vonsteel
Watch

Downloads: 87

Youre NEW version has worked the treat... No errors now..

BUT i created a new saved game about 100nm outta Kiel, generated a new (mission) via youre program (went good) went back into the game restarted the saved game, looked at the map in Portsmith as ships where sighted there and NO markers..

Am i missing something?

Keep going mate, Im liking this new toy
Vonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 08:13 PM   #22
simsurfer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 54

bookmark
Old 01-17-06, 09:20 PM   #23
Vonsteel
Watch

Downloads: 87

Bookmark??
Vonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 11:20 PM   #24
Average Joe
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0

I've tried a full patrol and started a new one, and Sh3-Gen is pretty neat. It adds a new interest to patrols!

The only minor problem I see is installing. It allows the user to pick (browse) the drive and folder where SH3-Gen is to be placed. I tried installing to D:\Sh3Gen\ , but folder/files ended up in the default install location ( C:\program files\Sh3Gen\ ). No real problem, I just moved the folder to drive D: and made a new/proper shortcut.

I like the way it mentions: Historic Period, 'Hunted' , as my campaign date is now June/1944, and it's pretty rough!

Pretty neat too, to be able to re-generate a save-game for better results of intel, etc.

So it works very well so far, no real problems at all, and it's fun.

Another thing, (GlobalExplorer you basically warn about this) is to use Sh3Gen right after exiting/saving out of home port.

If I use Sh3Gen to re-generate a save-game, I lose ship-course plotting and any other map markings from the save, but it's not a problem. Reloading a save-game (not re-generated) will load sub-course, plots, markings as usual.

Also I think using the 'global' eraser icon in the F5 map-screen will remove all Sh3Gen markings, so that's a no-no.

While I did see convoys and a few single contact-marks far from land, most seem concentrated on harbors, and and standard-route convoys. Much past mid 1943, and usually it's too dangerous to enter such shallow waters and try to enter an enemy harbor. But this will be great during early-war patrols!

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be neat to see a some areas marked, where there's some chance of heavy concentrations of single-type merchants, in several areas. That would really help-out during late-war patrols.

Thanks for making this mod I know it takes 'gobs of time' to create them.

p.s. 'Wish-list'; auto-updated (moving) positions of possible contacts throughout a patrol. Probably not possible though.
Old 01-18-06, 12:23 AM   #25
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
@Skweetis: Does this mean everybody with 2.0 has to / can install 1.1 alongside? I ask because I absolutely have to put this into the technical readme.
Yes, that is correct. If you used develepment studio 2003, it will not work with .NET 2.0.

Therefore they MUST have 1.1 installed.

Hope that helps.

PS: it is my inderstanding that .NET 2.0 isnt used by any programs yet, the 2.0 Framework is there at this point for developers using Studio 2005, which I believe is still in beta. Ill ask the programmers at work tomorrow.
Skweetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 12:51 PM   #26
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Today I have released version 0.1.2. The most important update is the fixed installer and an included map of all the theaters of operations.

@Vonsteel: I am not completely sure what you are mean, but I take that your intelligence update said that there are ships in Portsmouth but you didn't see any markers? Then you are indeed missing something. Marine intelligence has a suspicion about certain units being in this port, but cannot locate them precisely. So it is your job to go there and check for yourself! Does this help?

@Average Joe: Haha, thanks for pointing out the problem with the installer. Has been fixed in 0.1.2. If you knew in what rush the first installer was thrown together, you certainly wouldn't have used it

@Skweetis: Can you confirm that 1.1 and 2.0 can be installed on the same machine? It should work, though I would like to hear it from someone who has actually tested it.

Old 01-18-06, 01:05 PM   #27
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
will try v0.1.2 tomorrw as its nearly 02:00am here
Wouldn't help, as this looks like a bug in the "Generate" button, and I haven't changed anything there. Better wait till the next update.

But please send a screenshot of Sh3Gen, before you push the "Generate" button, to mail@christian-wendt.org, because I have to see what you entered in the dialog boxes.

Also, please send me the file <savegamename>.psc

Whats you patrol Gridsquare?

Old 01-18-06, 02:52 PM   #28
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

wow! nice mod , I have tested this and it works good on Rub 1.45 and HT 1.47, but I can't get the war-diary to show the information? which file do I have to change to get it to work?

/Kriller

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 03:08 PM   #29
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
wow! nice mod , I have tested this and it works good on Rub 1.45 and HT 1.47, but I can't get the war-diary to show the information? which file do I have to change to get it to work?

/Kriller
The war diary is saved in <savegame name>.clg. So please check that. By default, Sh3Gen Beta writes into Entries 1-3, so you will lose this info if another application writes there too. If you want, you can also send the file to me because I will see what went wrong. There is also a certain possibility that Sh3 doesnt like some entries, and I will have to change something in my output routine.

Hasta luego,
GlobalExplorer

Old 01-18-06, 07:47 PM   #30
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
Will do when I get back, dropping my son off at the airport (sending him on a holiday to Sydney), but I can tell you my patrol grid right off. Its a NULL patrol - I'm between ports and chasing down 3 convoys
Gut Johann, sehr gut. I could reproduce your error, and it's the null value. No more sending of files needed. Just stay tuned for my next small update which will fix your problem.