SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-19-12, 09:09 AM   #106
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
edit #2: For some reason all my received radio messages are blank.
Same here but I have noticed this:

If I don't send a message at all , messages come as they should.

When I send one , all received messages after that are blank.
On the other hand , this minor glitch is not going to stop me from using these patches and addons.

I haven't activated the CAM-ship mod at all.
All my icons are OK.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 11:18 PM   #107
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VONHARRIS View Post
Same here but I have noticed this:

If I don't send a message at all , messages come as they should.

When I send one , all received messages after that are blank.
On the other hand , this minor glitch is not going to stop me from using these patches and addons.

I haven't activated the CAM-ship mod at all.
All my icons are OK.
I'm not letting it stop me, either, although it's disappointing to stop receiving the immersion messages.

edit: Having said that, here are two examples of what's occurring:

A pop-up window appears, with no information

All (apparently only) immersion messages are blank.

Last edited by Albrecht Von Hesse; 10-27-12 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-28-12, 12:02 AM   #108
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse View Post
I'm not letting it stop me, either, although it's disappointing to stop receiving the immersion messages.

edit: Having said that, here are two examples of what's occurring

A pop-up window appears, with no information
All (apparently only) immersion messages are blank.
Exactly , we have the same problem.
Anyway , since everything else runs as it should I have no intention of messing around with my mod soup.
Now it is time to play...

BTW , very nice screen you have for the radio messages.
Old 10-28-12, 07:37 AM   #109
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by VONHARRIS View Post
Exactly , we have the same problem.
Anyway , since everything else runs as it should I have no intention of messing around with my mod soup.
Now it is time to play...

BTW , very nice screen you have for the radio messages.
I haven´t the problem, using as GUI the Magui 3.4 Widescreen version.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 11:18 PM   #110
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I haven´t the problem, using as GUI the Magui 3.4 Widescreen version.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
That's good to know. I just don't recall seeing anything in the documentation stating that a particular GUI was required in order to have radio messages properly display. I'll have to, more carefully, re-read the documentation, as I'm finding out that I do miss seeing the various and sundry radio messages.

edit: I've run across another, additional 'quirk'. I have not activated the "Change Patrol Grid" mod, nor have I made any of the required editing changes necessary should I have done so. Yet, for some reason, after I've finished patrolling my originally-assigned area I start getting pop-up dialog boxes (which have no messages, nor do the accompanying radio messages have anything to them) which are blank (as usual) save for a grid zone displayed at the top (see below image). Lo and behold, if I them check my orders, I now am assigned to that grid location!

I've no idea why this is happening when I've expressly omitted activating the "Change patrol Grid" mod.

Little help, please?

Last edited by Albrecht Von Hesse; 10-28-12 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added aditional 'quirk'
Old 10-29-12, 12:54 PM   #111
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

These are the instructions you need for the 'Change Grid Mod" - taken from the documentation in the patch:

4. In order to introduce the new button, it is necessary to make the following changes:
a) Create a new entry [G3F I210] in your menu_1024_768.ini file, in the radio-man group, as shown below. IMPORTANT-1: if your ‘RO Report’ is not numbered [G3F I209], then the new grid button must be given the next consecutive number to your ‘RO Report’ value. GWX appears to have the same values as those shown below for NYGM.
b) Change the POS value in the existing entry [G3F I215] where shown in RED below.
IMPORTANT-2: It is then necessary to renumber ALL the successive entries for group G3F. You can do this manually, or use a renumbering tool, such as that of H.sie.

[G3F I209]
Name=RO Report
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F290000
ParentID=0x3F0B0000
;;Pos=0,-45,436,560
Pos=0,-45,370,560
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

;; NYGM New grid square button
[G3F I210]
Name=Request_New_grid
Type=1032;Button
ItemID=0x3F290006
ParentID=0x3F290000
;;Pos=251,-494,60,60
Pos=53,-494,60,60
Materials=4
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/orders2.tga
Crop 0=0.4763,0.5,1,1
Mat 1=data/menu/gui/layout/orders2.tga
Crop 1=0.4763,0.5,1,1
Mat 2=data/menu/gui/layout/orders2.tga
Crop 2=0.4763,0.5,1,1
Mat 3=data/menu/gui/layout/orders2.tga
Crop 3=0.4763,0.5,1,1
MatFlags=0x1
TexFmt=0x9
Font=1
TextFlags=0x0
StatesColors=0xB0B0B0FF, 0xFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF
ToolTipText=2919

[G3F I215] ;; [G3F I214] before renumbering.
Name=Bkgr
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F290001
ParentID=0x3F290000
;;Pos=113,-488,204,72 ;;original
Pos=47,-488,270,72 ;; <----- NEW
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/bkgr.tga
MatFlags=0x1
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

c) Add these new lines to en/de_menu.txt:
NOTE: GWX has already a ‘2919=Radio Message’. Just delete it.

; Request for New Grid, NYGM 3.6A
2919=Request new Orders
2920=Request Denied. You must patrol original grid first!
2921=Request Denied. You have already requested new grid!
2922=Request Denied. Sorry, you have to stay in current grid.
2923=New patrol grid XXXX assigned. Good luck!
2924=Request Denied. Insufficient fuel for new patrol grid.
2925=Request to change grid acknowledged. Wait...

d) Add the following command in the correct position in file commands_en/de.cfg:
;;NYGM 3.6A
[Cmd455]
Name=Request_New_grid
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F290006
Key0=0x4d,s,”SHIFT M”

IMPORTANT-3: Check to ensure that there is no other command with value [Cmd455]. If there is, use another UNIQUE command value. (GWX users can use Cmd455.)

Those who are not seeing the Change Grid radio messages have doubtless not entered the new entries correctly to the their en/de_menu.txt file;
OR they have made the changes correctly, but a subsequent mod is over-writing the en/de_menu.txt file.
Alternatively, of course, other necessary files (commands_en/de.cfg and/or menu_1024_768.ini) are being overwritten by mods that you are installing after the Stiebler patch.

Get the basics right before you add further mods to the original, patched SH3.exe file.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-12, 02:34 PM   #112
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
These are the instructions you need for the 'Change Grid Mod" - taken from the documentation in the patch:

. . . . .

Get the basics right before you add further mods to the original, patched SH3.exe file.

Stiebler.
Stiebler,

I understood those changes are necessary. But I don't have the "Change Grid Mod" selected and activated. Here is all I've activated using the selector:

Old 10-30-12, 03:47 AM   #113
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Albrecht von Hesse:

What happens if you tick ON the Change Grid Mod?
Why are so many of the other Stiebler mods switched off - are you having difficulty with them too?

Have you tried what happens with the simple patched (H.sie + Stiebler) game without any other mods added before of after the patch?

Stiebler.
Old 10-30-12, 03:22 PM   #114
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Default Question

@Stiebler

I have your Addon installed V16 and I just saw on Albrecht Von Hesse's screenshots the Fido torpedo.
I would like know if I have to do a new install or is there anyway to implement this new asset in V16?
Thank you.
Old 10-31-12, 03:53 AM   #115
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@VonHarris:

It seems that you have the older Stiebler4A_V16B1_Addon.7z patch.

You need the newer Stiebler4B_V16B1_Addon.7z patch.

Download by clicking on the NYGM logo, below. You will, of course, have to re-patch your copy of SH3.exe already patched with H.sie's latest patch.

**Do not attempt to patch your existing copy of SH3.exe already patched with the Stiebler 4A version.**

Stiebler.
Old 10-31-12, 05:51 AM   #116
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

@Stiebler
Thank you for the reply.
I was hoping to avoid that.
Anyway I will proceed immediately.
Old 11-01-12, 10:21 PM   #117
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
@Albrecht von Hesse:

What happens if you tick ON the Change Grid Mod?
Why are so many of the other Stiebler mods switched off - are you having difficulty with them too?

Have you tried what happens with the simple patched (H.sie + Stiebler) game without any other mods added before of after the patch?

Stiebler.

Stiebler,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I apologize for my delay in responding, but I wanted to assure I would be providing the most accurate information I could, and since my mental faculties weren't cooperating –::shrugs; an ongoing problem-- this took longer than I expected.

• What happens if you tick ON the Change Grid Mod?
Honestly, I don't know. As you'll see below, I never managed to figure out how to accurately edit menu_1024_768.ini file.
  • Why are so many of the other Stiebler mods switched off - are you having difficulty with them too?
Yes, and no. I'll go through each option, one by one:

1. CAM-ship Mod: Although I hadn't seen where the CAM-ship mod was something I needed to utilize, I'd done so anyway. I'm not sure where I screwed things up, but having this activated with the required edits (as documented on page 4 of Stiebler4B_patch_Docs.pdf) caused the game to CTD during loading a career. It's entirely possible –indeed, virtually assured, what with my mentation difficulties-- that I'd foobarred the editing of the necessary files. So I decided to de-select this one and restore the original files (at least until I got everything else up and running).
  2. Surrender Option: Tried this one at first, but had the previously-mentioned menu icon text/button problems, so I've deactivated it for now.
  3. Smoke-on-Horizon Mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  4. Silent-Running Fix: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  5. Shallow-water Asdic mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  6. Reduce 'Ship Sighted' mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  7. Change Patrol Grid mod: Since I did like this idea I was, originally, going to activate it. However, the instructions for creating a new button confused me. One of those were “In order to introduce the new button, it is necessary to make the following changes: a) Create a new entry [G3F I210] in your menu_1024_768.ini file, in the radio-man group, as shown below.” However, I already have a preexisting [G3F I210]: Name=&Send patrol report. So, rather than risk severely mucking things up I chose not to activate and try out this feature.
  8. Minimum TC fix: Activated, and boy howdy does it work!
  9. BdU message improvement: Deactivated; at some point (assuming I manage to get working everything else) I intend to activate this.
  10. Null Grid Fix: Deactivated; “Null Grid” never bothered me.
  11. Weather Meter: Deactivated; not something that interested me.
  12. Air Torpedo (Fido): Deactivated; currently usingRubini's air torpedo mod.
  • Have you tried what happens with the simple patched (H.sie + Stiebler) game without any other mods added before of after the patch?
That I have not. I will have to create and export another directory install and try that.

Below is the ordered list of currently activated mods.

Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
torpedo trail and wake fix
Das Realistic Food
Real Depth Charge
hydrophone depth charge
SH3-Fix_SN_2_Stock
Fix_UZO_R_stock
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
KJF_Moon_v1.1
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
SH-5 Water for GWX 3.0 V0.9 Atlantic campaign (default)
Air Torpedo_mod_v2.0
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
O2-Gauges v2
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
Old 11-03-12, 10:04 AM   #118
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Von Hesse:

Can I just remind you, and others, that I placed a supplementary mod for GWX users onto the NYGM web-site at SubSim, some time ago when others raised the issue of problems of difficulty of installation.

Download this file:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

Then unzip it into its folder, which you can install with JSGME after the folder containing your Hsie-Stiebler4b patch.

Of course, this new folder may break some of the other mods you have installed. But at least you can test the features of the Hsie-Stiebler4b patch to decide whether you want them, before adding a sackful of other mods.
Good luck!

Stiebler.
Old 11-03-12, 07:43 PM   #119
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
@Von Hesse:

Can I just remind you, and others, that I placed a supplementary mod for GWX users onto the NYGM web-site at SubSim, some time ago when others raised the issue of problems of difficulty of installation.

Download this file:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

Then unzip it into its folder, which you can install with JSGME after the folder containing your Hsie-Stiebler4b patch.

Of course, this new folder may break some of the other mods you have installed. But at least you can test the features of the Hsie-Stiebler4b patch to decide whether you want them, before adding a sackful of other mods.
Good luck!

Stiebler.
I was not aware of a specific GWX-users supplementary mod. I knew about having to select the correct .dat for the sensors, but not about this.

I really appreciate you looking into this for me. Once I finish this current patrol and dock I'll do some remodifications and see just how everything works with just the two hardcode patches.

Again, thanks so much!
Old 11-04-12, 11:03 PM   #120
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default test results

After a clean install and GWX incorporation I copied over my existing (and edited as instructed) h.sie Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) folder into the MODS folder. I then copied the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 into the MODS folder.

Running HsieOptionsSelector_V16A.exe I selected every modification except:
  1. H.sie's WO Range Inaccuracy, WP Range Inaccuracy, and wolfpk less contact reports, and,
  2. Stiebler's air torpedo.
Next I copied and pasted the modified SH3.exe file into the GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 folder, then activated Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) followed by GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.

The game loaded fine --no CTD-- and, as best as I can tell with just a short experimental run, everything appears to be working as described, save for one obvious omission: the weather meter was not visible.

The radio contact buttons for the Surrender/Abandon Option were there, and functioned exactly as described. The “Change Patrol Grid” mod also worked exactly as described (well, I assume so; I didn't wait until actually receiving a new grid).

I've no idea how to force an encounter with a CAM-ship, but otherwise I'll run a patrol with just these two activated and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help!