SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-18, 03:32 PM   #1
Zky
Bosun

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0
Default Part of TDC (AOB Tool) hidden, can't interact

So been trying to get sh4 working on bootcamp on a macbook to calm the uboat itch and finally found a way to work around shortcuts and different issues BUT as I was to attack a convoy for the first time it struck me that I can't click the AOB tool and "send to tdc" is hidden, some sort of graphic bug.

o
Tried different solutions like changing res, compatibility mode but no luck yet, any ideas or ui mods for sh4 that can fix the issue?

Not my screenshot but you can see the red button up on the AOB being hidden, and the button to calculate height also up in the right corner:

https://imgur.com/a/C2CkFOA

Edit: running op Monsun, load order:
OpsMonsun_v705
OMv 705 to 720
OMv 720 patch 5

Last edited by Zky; 12-28-18 at 04:38 PM.
Zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 04:44 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zky View Post
So been trying to get sh4 working on bootcamp on a macbook to calm the uboat itch and finally found a way to work around shortcuts and different issues BUT as I was to attack a convoy for the first time it struck me that I can't click the AOB tool and "send to tdc" is hidden, some sort of graphic bug.

o
Tried different solutions like changing res, compatibility mode but no luck yet, any ideas or ui mods for sh4 that can fix the issue?

Not my screenshot but you can see the red button up on the AOB being hidden, and the button to calculate height also up in the right corner:

https://imgur.com/a/C2CkFOA

Edit: running op Monsun, load order:
OpsMonsun_v705
OMv 705 to 720
OMv 720 patch 5
zky,

you are not going to like my suggestion: try auto-targeting....at least when you use the macbook.
keep in mind that patrol/single-mission options are different then career options.
good luck. and good hunting.

mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 04:52 PM   #3
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
zky,

you are not going to like my suggestion: try auto-targeting....at least when you use the macbook.
keep in mind that patrol/single-mission options are different then career options.
good luck. and good hunting.

mb
You sir are correct, i'm not a fan of that suggestion. don't really like auto-trageting. Feels like cheating and losing a bit of the game that makes it feel like you at achieved something...
Old 12-28-18, 06:42 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Usually speaking, on a Windows machine, that is a resolution thing, where the monitor, windows and the game have to all be set to the monitors "native" resolution. As an example, my desktop has on old 18" LCD, which is 1280x1024 for a 5:4 resolution, while my laptop is 1600x900, which is 16:9 ratio. So the Windows display is set to that, and my SH4 is set to that, and I lose nothing on either setting. If however, I am re-doing a mod, and have erased the Save folder, the game will default to 1024x768, a 4:3 ratio, and things will be crowded on the desktop, and missing on the laptop. You're using bootcamp, so I have no idea which is "boss" in that case, for matching screen resolutions, but SH4 needs to "match" that ratio at the least...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 08:13 PM   #5
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

From what Zky has written, and the screenshot posted, I think the issue is having manual targeting un-checked in the realism settings. This is why the send to tdc and stadimeter buttons are not present on the interface.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 08:54 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You may be correct there stork100. I took it like this though:

Manual Targeting on a 1600 x 900 screen:

Auto-Targeting on a 1600 x 900 screen:

I took it that the top of his screen was cut-off, hence the missing button... But going by the picture Zky used as his example, I think you are right. In which case, Zky, there are two Options menus in the game. One is on the main menu, and that controls what you see in the Quick (Single) Missions and the Quick Patrols, as well as Multi-Player. Once you go into a Career, then you have to use the Options menu in that mode. In the American Captain's Office, you get to it by clicking on the radio console on the file cabinets to the left of the desk, by the window. The German Captain's Office, it's the filing cabinet by the exit door. So if the button area is visible, but the button is missing, you are in auto-targeting...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 08:56 PM   #7
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork100 View Post
From what Zky has written, and the screenshot posted, I think the issue is having manual targeting un-checked in the realism settings. This is why the send to tdc and stadimeter buttons are not present on the interface.
You sir are also correct! Damn must have managed to mess up my settings, somethings funny about how they are set, I can set manual targeting in the menu but then it overrides those settings when campaign is started I guess some how...

Well now I can go about my business sinking ships

Thanks for the investigation guys!
Old 12-28-18, 09:09 PM   #8
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Glad you got it sorted.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-18, 08:19 AM   #9
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zky View Post
You sir are also correct! Damn must have managed to mess up my settings, somethings funny about how they are set, I can set manual targeting in the menu but then it overrides those settings when campaign is started I guess some how...
In the office, before you start your campaign, click on the clock on the left, adjust your settings as desired, and save.

It seems to take precedence over any settings you change elsewhere.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, button, hidden, tdc