SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-17, 02:22 PM   #151
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Thus my thoughts it will be scrapped.
We can only speculate about it-

I wouldn't be surprised if the Danish or Swedish people in 5-10 years from now, can read in an article something like

"Would you buy this home build sub ?

This submarine-Nautilus UC 3, who is a home build, is now for sale...Those of you who may have forgot what's special about this sub, it was on this sub Peter Madsen committed a horrible crime back in 2017."

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 02:31 PM   #152
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
We can only speculate about it-

I wouldn't be surprised if the Danish or Swedish people in 5-10 years from now, can read in an article something like

"Would you buy this home build sub ?

This submarine-Nautilus UC 3, who is a home build, is now for sale...Those of you who may have forgot what's special about this sub, it was on this sub Peter Madsen committed a horrible crime back in 2017."

Markus
No one wants to store a submarine that was used in crime. Expense is not worth it.
Old 08-24-17, 02:49 PM   #153
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
No one wants to store a submarine that was used in crime. Expense is not worth it.
You would be horrified as well as surprised... There is a market for "souvernirs" like this, as well as fan magazines dedicated to psychos. There are enough sickos out there to make it all pay.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 03:06 PM   #154
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
You would be horrified as well as surprised... There is a market for "souvernirs" like this, as well as fan magazines dedicated to psychos. There are enough sickos out there to make it all pay.
We should not be feeding the sickos no matter the monetary gain. I get it man. Cool sub. Make a house out it. Make it sea worthy once more, etc. Issue is it was used in a commission of a crime. There is a life taken. The sub, out of respect for the family, should be sent to the crusher.
Old 08-24-17, 03:11 PM   #155
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
We should not be feeding the sickos no matter the monetary gain. I get it man. Cool sub. Make a house out it. Make it sea worthy once more, etc. Issue is it was used in a commission of a crime. There is a life taken. The sub, out of respect for the family, should be sent to the crusher.
Personally, I agree that is should be scrapped but in the end, I feel it should be up to KW's family to decide and that their decision should weigh more. I would think they have no desire to see it sail but like I said, it should be up to them. I would absolutely oppose any idea of making a quick buck out of it and here comes the point of my first post: This is a wicked cynical world we live in and if someone sees the opportunity to turn this into a money tree, then they will jump on it. Thus, I do think the boat should be scrapped.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 04:07 PM   #156
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

http://time.com/4912170/who-was-kim-wall/
Old 08-24-17, 04:08 PM   #157
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Kim Wall
https://www.buzzfeed.com/amberjamies...O4#.ysVpD9Dk3g
Old 08-25-17, 05:16 AM   #158
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/ny-sigtel...kyldig/6791616

Yesterday, thursday, PM was brought to a questioning at the police station, where the charge of molesting the body of KW was added to the charge of manslaughter. PM refuses/denies both charges and declares himself innocent.

I wonder how his attorney/lawyer will explain this in court that the body was cut up in pieces and thereby defend him. I'm glad that I didn't study law. I wouldn't be able to defend people in court, when it comes to that kind of crimes.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 05:58 AM   #159
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I think his lawyer will soon find themselves in a position of 'mission impossible' and as for the sub I would imagine the government will have it scrapped.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 06:28 AM   #160
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

The fact that her body had been punctured is imho more evidence to suggest Madsen did it. It would be something someone used to the concept of buoyancy would think about doing.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 07:59 AM   #161
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I think his lawyer will soon find themselves in a position of 'mission impossible' and as for the sub I would imagine the government will have it scrapped.
I'm not so sure that it will be scrapped. After the final verdict, it could be placed in a museum. But only time will tell...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 10:43 AM   #162
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
I'm not so sure that it will be scrapped. After the final verdict, it could be placed in a museum. But only time will tell...
Not a museum worthy sub nor a internationally renowned individual that built it.
Old 08-25-17, 10:44 AM   #163
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
The fact that her body had been punctured is imho more evidence to suggest Madsen did it. It would be something someone used to the concept of buoyancy would think about doing.
Observation well taken. Adding the torso was weighted down from my understanding.
Old 08-25-17, 10:54 AM   #164
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Not a museum worthy sub nor a internationally renowned individual that built it.
It's small enough to be kept indoors so up keeping costs would be minimal. We have an aviation museum not far from where I live and they have some unique aircraft build by private people in their collection too. Might not be too far fetched for a naval museum to get the sub, especially now with that background story.
Old 08-25-17, 11:03 AM   #165
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This is from the Swedish news paper aftonbladet.se

(have used google translate)

"Madsen close to where body parts were found in 1986

The police are looking at several unsolved murder after Kim Wall's body has been found.
One of the cases concerns the Japanese tourist Kazuko Toyonaga, found cut by the Islands' pier in Copenhagen Harbor in 1986.
In the investigation there is a youth - who spoke of a macabre finding.
And in the immediate vicinity was the then 15-year-old Peter Madsen almost daily

The remains of the mysterious missing 22-year-old Japanese student Kazuko Toyonaga, who was on vacation in Europe was found in a plastic bag floating in the water at Islands Brygge in Copenhagen in October 1986. In the bag were the legs and lower body. The rest of the body was found later in other places in the entrance to Copenhagen, including those in plastic bags.

It took the police eight months to identify the victim. She had been on a trip and visited both Norway, Finland and Sweden. The day before the police think she was murdered, she took the train from Stockholm to Copenhagen

Tipped of about bloody objects

Among the tips that came to the police in the extensive investigation was also a statement from a "youngster" who called for a macabre finding in a building in the port area.

Jens Møller Jensen at the Copenhagen Police leads the investigation of Kim Wall's death, and he was the one who told me that he also looked at the unexplained murder of Kazuko Toyonaga.

He says that one has not yet looked into the old cases yet, but has been fully upset with the ongoing investigation

We have information that Peter Madsen was almost daily in the vicinity of the site where parts of Kazuko Toyonaga were found.
- Not what I know of, and have been difficult to imagine, he was only 15-16 years. We will look at it, but it will be later, said Jens Møller Jensen "

I'm not going to speculate whether he killed this Japanese or not. It's up to the Danish police to figure it out. I say the same he was only 15 years old at that time 1986.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall