SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-15, 03:26 PM   #1
Kng
Watch

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0
Default Turning pages in the recognition manual...

with mouse clicks is not great. I am using the Merchant Fleet Mod and clicking through all those pages is bad.

Is there a better way to do this? I think I remember some mod that added a few pages to the rec manual with certain heights, so if you knew that ship and it's height, you could just pick a height for the stadimeter.

Other than that, is there the possibility to assign a key to the flip page function?

Best greetings,

Kng
Kng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 03:40 PM   #2
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

My Charts Addon has dragdown charts of the ships in GWX+MFM or NYGM+IABLShipsforNYGM_New, like this:

You can find the mod here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3675

BUT... it only works with GWX+MaGui F or NYGM+MaGui F or some close enough 1024x768 size SH3 mod, and the pictures are not that useful if one uses automatic targeting.

It's not that difficult to just take pictures of the ships from my mod and edit them yourself into whatever system you are playing with, but it does require menu_1024_768.ini editing, which will crash your SH3 if you don't get it right.
Old 01-21-15, 02:00 AM   #3
Kng
Watch

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for! This is very promising!

I will make a new install with GWX, MFM, MAGUI, your mod and hsie! If this works, I would be very happy!

Edit:

Do I need the widescreen SA of MaGui?

Those charts are very nice, can I set the mast height manually into the TDC for stadimeter use? So far I only used the function to automatically transfer the mast height to the TDC once checking the box on the right manual page. Setting the height myself would be even better, since I have a printed out manual!
Old 01-21-15, 10:48 AM   #4
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kng View Post
I will make a new install with GWX, MFM, MAGUI, your mod and hsie!

Do I need the widescreen SA of MaGui?

Those charts are very nice, can I set the mast height manually into the TDC for stadimeter use?
1. H.sie's mod changes menu_1024_768.ini file, which means JSGME won't work - you'll have to edit the menu file by hand. It can be done, but can be tricky. Be sure to make backups of the menu file!

2. Charts addon won't work properly on a widescreen GUI. It can be edited in a way that it will work, but it will take a lot of work. The mod is meant for MaGui F only.

3. Yes, MaGui F enables you to set the mast height manually.

If you have a good computer you might also give Living Silent Hunter a look. I haven't played it myself, but I think the recognition manual is done in a similar fashion as in Charts Addon.
Old 01-21-15, 11:06 AM   #5
Kng
Watch

Many thanks for your answers. They are very much appreciated!

Unfortunatly, I really like a lot of the changes the hsie patch brings. Choosing one thing over another was never my strongest trait. I think I will just go with GWX, MaGui and hsie then, since I have a printed recognition manual. If MaGui lets me set the mast height manually, it's all good and exactly what I wanted! Your mod would be the icing on the cake, but oh well... can't have it all, I guess.

I tryed LSH as my very first supermod, but soon fell in love with GWX+hsie! Have you tried this Tonnage War NYGM mod?

Mast- und Schotbruch

Kng

Edit: I found it, the mod is called Mast Height Mod, which adds mast heights to the back of the recognition manual. Thanks for all your help though!

Last edited by Kng; 01-21-15 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 03:03 PM   #6
sublynx
Sea Lord

I used to play GWX with h.sie's mod for years and am now playing NYGM for a more challenging experience. Both are great mods and with some tinkering both can be customized to individual likings.
Old 01-21-15, 04:17 PM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
I used to play GWX with h.sie's mod for years and am now playing NYGM for a more challenging experience. Both are great mods and with some tinkering both can be customized to individual likings.
I will get around to trying NYGM for sure

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 02:19 AM   #8
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182

hello guys,

a very interesting mod about your theme can be found here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165096

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 08:34 AM   #9
Kng
Watch

Thank you, that was the mod I meant in my edit!

Anyhow, since you are here, I wanted to thank you for all your work for SH3 Modding, Makman94! Very much appreciated!

I may try NYGM some day, but for now it is GWX... I still feel like having to learn a few things.

Cheers, guys!