SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-20, 06:49 AM   #1
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Default Air Attack Nightmare

Hey

I've put WoS on, and OMG I'm not even past Midway
on my first patrol and the constant, and I mean constant
planes mean the only way I can travel is real time.

Surely there's a mod that will get rid of the planes, or at
least make it more realistic. I've tried tweaking the config
file for it but to no avail, I've used another mod, but that doesn't
work with WoS I don't think.

Anyone have any ideas???

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:14 PM   #2
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Edit the Airstrike file

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonsStyle View Post
Anyone have any ideas???
Yes, this is one of my least volume of airstrike files; practically no aircraft as I can remember. Edit the numerical values in Airstrike file as in the following COPY below, and create a MOD with this path to paste into the JSGME MOD folder: myAirstrike Mod\Data\Cfg\AirStrike (your edited file as below). Then enable this new Mod while in base.

NOTE: Once you try it, you can adjust values to your preference. Note that I have left previous used values between the brackets ([ ]) in the COPY below.
Maximum Aircraft Range=300;
Default Air Strike Probability=3;
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Radio Messages Sent=40;
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Player Detection=30;
Atenuation Factor=3;
(decrease the preceding numbers to make game easier; increase numbers to make game harder).
Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=40;
(increase this number to make game easier or decrease to make game harder).
Night Modifier=0.005;
(set to near zero because Japanese aircraft made almost no flights at night, increase from 0.005 to 1.0 to obtain some night attacks).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(COPY of my almost NO "AirStrike" file:

[AirStrikeSettings] FOTRS Ultimate
; AirStrike Creation Parameters
; Airstrike Session:
; 1. Compute airbases in range according to their aircraft maximum ranges
; 2. Compute air coverage factors on allies/axis/neutral on the target zone
; 3. Compute airstrike probability from each base
; 3.1 check number of aircraft that can strike at that range and conditions, and compute a coverage factor based on the range of each aircraft type and detection area around submarine (10 km radius)
; 3.2 multiply coverage factor for the target area with :
; - current airstrike probability againt that side
; - nigft factor ( if necessary )
; - airbase competence
; - close to airbase factor
; 3.3 check probability for airstrike
; 3.4 add more aircraft probabilistically for a large target

Maximum Aircraft Range=300 ;[>0] In kilometers[STOCK=2000/FOTRSU=1500/UE=600/lee=500]
Poor Airbase Modifier=0.2 ;[>0] Modifier for poor airbase (carrier) rating[STOCK=0.2/FOTRSU=0.25/UE=0.35]
Novice Airbase Modifier=0.4 ;[>0] Modifier for novice airbase (carrier) rating[STOCK=0.35/FOTRSU=0.3/UE=0.5]
Competent Airbase Modifier=0.6 ;[>0] Modifier for competent airbase (carrier) rating[STOCK=0.5/FOTRSU=0.35/UE=0.6]
Veteran Airbase Modifier=0.8 ;[>0] Modifier for veteran airbase (carrier) rating[STOCK=0.7/FOTRSU=0.4/UE=0.7]
Elite Airbase Modifier=0.95 ;[>0] Modifier for elite airbase (carrier) rating[STOCK=1/FOTRSU=1/UE=0.85]
Night Modifier=0.005 ;[>0] Modifier on strike probability at night[STOCK=0.5/FOTRSU=0.5/UE=0.4/lee=0.05]
Default Air Strike Probability=3 ;[>0] Default probability to send an airstrike from a airbase (carrier)STOCK=10/FOTRSU=10/UE=8.5/lee=5]
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Radio Messages Sent=40;[>0] Increase over the default probability on a radio message sent[STOCK=30/FOTRSU=40/UE=50/lee=50]
Friendly Air Strike Probability Increase on Contact Report Sent=50;[>0] Increase over the default probability on contact message sent[STOCK=70/FOTRSU=70/UE=70/lee=70]
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Player Detection=30;[>0] Increase over the default probability on player detection[STOCK=40/FOTRSU=80/UE=40/lee=40]
Atenuation Factor=3 ;[>0] Decrease from an increased probability to default on each air session[STOCK=10/FOTRSU=10/UE=10/lee=5]
Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=40 ;[>0] Steps between air fighting sessions, 10*Logic Interval (90sec) [STOCK=10/FOTRSU=25/UE=20/lee=30]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you find this helpful.
Old 02-23-20, 09:15 PM   #3
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Thank you Sir, Much appreciated.

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote