Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-20, 10:57 AM   #1
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Default Iran's top nuclear scientist assassinated

Quote:
Iran's most senior nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh has been assassinated near the capital Tehran, the country's defence ministry has confirmed.

Fakhrizadeh died in hospital after an attack in Absard, in Damavand county.

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, has condemned the killing "as an act of state terror".

Western intelligence agencies view Fakhrizadeh as being behind Iran's secret nuclear weapons programme.

He was reportedly described as the "father of the Iranian bomb" by diplomats.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-55105934
Israel anyone?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 11:31 AM   #2
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Seems likely although Iran would say that anyway.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 11:50 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Well it wasn't a US drone strike as with the Iranian general in Iraq, so we're off the hook...this time. Four other Iranian nuclear scientist have also been assassinated. that adds up to a total 375 virgins(72 per) in paradise for their martyrdom!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 12:08 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

No doubt Iran will blame Israel for this.

Who did I don't know-There are a few countries and groups who could have done it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 12:12 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Only thing that matters is whether it was done too late or just in time.
Old 11-27-20, 12:32 PM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

And another thing.

What will Iran do as revenge ?
If Israel is behind, will they send rockets towards Israel? I don't think so.

I think they will attack Israel by proxy.

Markus
Old 11-27-20, 12:38 PM   #7
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Israel anyone?
Well it makes good headlines and I'm sure thats how Iran would love for us and the Muslim world to see it. Especially with Israel's recent alliances with certain Suuni kingdoms.

However, maybe something else is going on that has been in the works now for decades.

In 2001 the United States was attacked by terrorists in September. Interestingly, shortly afterwards in 2002 a group called the Mujahedin-e-Khalq said it had uncovered Iranian nuclear facilities at Natanz. Being after 911 the thought probably scared the hell out of western governments that further attacks could be carried out with nuclear weapons. It may have been the real reason coalition force went into Iraq the next year. Why Iraq and not Iran? The odds of successfully carrying out such an attack on Iran would most likely have been insurmountable and probably still is.

In 2012 President Obama removed Mujahedin-e-Khalq from terrorist list.

In 2016 Secretary of State John Kerry thanks the government and NATO member of Albania for resettling members of the Iranian opposition group Mujahedin e Khalq.

Today reports that Trump is unstable and wants war because he lost an election is for the consumption of the village idiots of the world and was in my honest opinion just very good propaganda. Which I'm sure has once again placed Iranian officials on high alert. Even so a group of rebels probably backed by NATO and the Saudis were still able to attack and kill one Iran's leading scientists. The Ayatollah's must be sharting twinkies about now.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 12:46 PM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

What about Turkey ?

They are Iran's closes allied.

I guess they will stay calm behind the political scene.

Markus
Old 11-27-20, 12:51 PM   #9
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Only thing that matters is whether it was done too late or just in time.
Good point, but remember it was just a few days ago that Trump asked his military advisors what his options were
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 12:58 PM   #10
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

If anything is going to happen I'd expect it to be over the forthcoming holiday period for maximum effect.

I would also reckon Israel would welcome the opportunity to retaliate should they be the target.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 03:13 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

There is a regime change in Washington. Israel acted while it still could without the new big white house boss becoming angry.

Or it was the little boy, to say Sayonara to his Iranian buddies while the new big white house boss has not yet arrived.

Iran hopes that under Biden sanctions will get lifted and their nuclear porgram is given more room to breath again. They will not directly retaliate against Israel, so to not anger the new big white house boss.
Old 11-27-20, 03:55 PM   #12
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...]
In 2001 the United States was attacked by terrorists in September. Interestingly, shortly afterwards in 2002 a group called the Mujahedin-e-Khalq said it had uncovered Iranian nuclear facilities at Natanz. Being after 911 the thought probably scared the hell out of western governments that further attacks could be carried out with nuclear weapons. It may have been the real reason coalition force went into Iraq the next year. Why Iraq and not Iran? The odds of successfully carrying out such an attack on Iran would most likely have been insurmountable and probably still is.v [...]
While the rest of your post makes sense, i still wonder why the US attacked Iraq instead of Iran if the latter was the real threat?
Following this logic the US could have attacked Andorra or San Marino as well.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 04:07 PM   #13
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
There is a regime change in Washington. Israel acted while it still could without the new big white house boss becoming angry.

Or it was the little boy, to say Sayonara to his Iranian buddies while the new big white house boss has not yet arrived.

Iran hopes that under Biden sanctions will get lifted and their nuclear porgram is given more room to breath again. They will not directly retaliate against Israel, so to not anger the new big white house boss.
History points to decades of intel, sanctions, doctrines, military intervention, funding and even lining up a new regime for Iran. Beginning with Bush all the way through Obama, Trump U.S. and NATO. I dont believe Israel, one nation out the entire world, had to act before Biden gets in. It smells just like one of those Jewish world domination conspiracy theories.

Most likely whoever it was that attacked Fakhrizadeh in Iran was a resistance group or an affiliation with said group funded and backed by NATO. My guess https://english.mojahedin.org/i/prim...anization-iran

Who is Biden going to make a deal with anyway? Not even Europe seems to be in a rush until at least the Iranian elections in June, IF there is an election.
Quote:
Sporadic but violent street protests have rocked the nation since late 2018. For the first time since the Islamic RepublicÂ’s foundation in 1979, a broad coalition of the population, from conservatives to liberals, urban and rural, have flooded the streets calling for the establishment of a secular democratic state. A minority of protestors have even called for the restoration of the Pahlavi monarchy, under the late ShahÂ’s son.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-27-20 at 04:16 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 04:17 PM   #14
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

According to Swedish news Iran will revenge this killing.

I'm not an expert so how, when and where I can't say.

I have the same standpoint as Skybird a direct attack on Israel will not happen.

Markus
Old 11-27-20, 04:23 PM   #15
Skybird
Soaring

Taking out 5 targets simultaneously and coordinating the assassinations accordingly is more than the usual resistance groups are capable to acchieve, in intel and in coordination. It was Israel, or the US. Probably Israel. The US uses drones, like Russia uses poison and Israel uses shooting assassinations or bombs. Leaving a signature, is wanted, because it sends a message. Call it non-verbal communicating.