SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-19, 04:24 PM   #91
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Darkandstar
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 07:35 AM   #92
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

I had version 2.2.2. No problems, all mods worked and the game was great. Updated to 2.2.9, and few things have broken.

1) the begin with type 7b Uboat mod shows the flag pole as a gray shader without skin. Looks weird. The type 7a, no problem.

2) The chimney smoke mod, does not work at all.

So far that's it, just aesthetics's but I am curious if there is something I can to fix them. Love. The update. Thanks.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 10:33 AM   #93
oIMADMANIo
Swabbie

Downloads: 67

Installed the Game and Mod yesterday - 2.2.9 - runs great but I have one single strange issue - when I give my Navigation Officer to fix our Position by celestial - i got the Weather Report.

Don´t know why - weather is good - Boat is surfaced.

This is the List of TWoS Mods that I have enabled:
- Encrypted BdU Orders
- FX Reduc. Fires and Expl
- Real Navigation
- Remove Sub Flags
- SM Interior_Food Stocks

Please, don´t tell me he just can´t navigation on top of BananaBoxes because the FoodStocksMod ;D

Greetings
oIMADMANIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 12:40 PM   #94
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by oIMADMANIo View Post
Installed the Game and Mod yesterday - 2.2.9 - runs great but I have one single strange issue - when I give my Navigation Officer to fix our Position by celestial - i got the Weather Report.

Don´t know why - weather is good - Boat is surfaced.

This is the List of TWoS Mods that I have enabled:
- Encrypted BdU Orders
- FX Reduc. Fires and Expl
- Real Navigation
- Remove Sub Flags
- SM Interior_Food Stocks

Please, don´t tell me he just can´t navigation on top of BananaBoxes because the FoodStocksMod ;D

Greetings
Screenshots?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 12:43 PM   #95
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
I had version 2.2.2. No problems, all mods worked and the game was great. Updated to 2.2.9, and few things have broken.

1) the begin with type 7b Uboat mod shows the flag pole as a gray shader without skin. Looks weird. The type 7a, no problem.
It's probably system related since sub flags work just fine for others...

Quote:
2) The chimney smoke mod, does not work at all.
Not all ports will have chimney smoke, regardles of TWoS version...
Old 01-18-19, 12:55 PM   #96
bstanko6
Admiral

I'll do,a full reinstall and let you know
Old 01-18-19, 05:14 PM   #97
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default Supermarks a Superbug?

Got a game crash when trying to edit a Supermark. Basically pushed V (to edit) and every time I typed "V" in the word convoy it would restart the editing process. Then when I had enough of that I moused over the cancel option and the game immediately crashed to windows. I've had a crash trying to re position Supermark once before...but thats it.

I'm still running TWOS 1.06 (due to not playing that much and stilling wanting to continue my current career without starting over to install the newest version.

EDIT: replicated it again though slightly different. Now when I add the text for the original Supermark (vice editing it)....I try and type "convoy"...but when I get to "v" it goes into edit mode and starts over. cancel button causes Crash to Desktop.

EDIT#2: replicated again. It seems the keyboard gets stuck in limbo. It worked fine the first couple of times I did it(meaning I edited it and saved it...I then did it and canceled it). Then for some reason without explanation, I made a new Supermark and it was bugged again...meaning the keyboard was still doing game commands while I was typing....specifically when I hit "V" it would start over the text...because "V" is the edit supermark key. So I don't know what the trigger is...I'll keep digging when I have more time.

EDIT #3: After testing again last night and this morning....I think I've narrowed it down to maybe having a corrupt Journal? I load my Journal when I start up and save when I exit....without journal entries. Long story short, I loaded up one of the wolfpack missions to do a separtate test to see maybe if it was a corrupted save game file from my campaign. Low and behold everything worked great with no issues when making or editing supermarks. Then I decided to load my Journal in this single mission and then it replicated same problem as before. So i'm thinking either the Journal file is corrupted (and not the campaign saved game file)...or maybe there is some sort of operator error in the loading or saving process of the journal. IDK...it seems straight forward.

Next I'll start a new journal for my Career.....make new Supermarks....and then save and exit. I'll start back up and open the journal to see if I can get the problem again...

EDIT #4: The problem definitely has to do with Opening a Saved Journal and specifically editing a Supermark. Started Campaign Save without opening Journal.... no problems making, saving, or editing Super marks. As soon as I opened the New Journal (aka nothing actually saved on it)....I can make new supermarks with any text....but as soon as I edit that text....is when things go bad.....if I hit the v key it erases the text.....and as soon as I try to hit the cancel/save/erase keys it crashes.

Next I will try "other keys" besides the v key to see what happens...

EDIT #5: Back to square one. Did a "Historical Mission" and was able to duplicate the problem without using the Journal Functionality. So its definitely NOT a Journal problem. Isn't Troubleshooting fun?? So ignore my last edits...... (or maybe I shouldn't post my active troubleshooting efforts as to no confuse people). The Problem persists....which is again....I can make a Supermark and type text that includes the letter "v" in the text. But if I edit that supermark it sometimes doesn't lock out the keyboard to use other commands. Namely, if I start typing and hit the letter "v"...it will erase my text as if I'm re-editing the supermark. It will erase the supermark if I hit the "x" key while trying to edit it.

now I need to test whether moving the mouse after actuating the edit function....will keep it from trying to reedit or delete the supermark when trying to edit it....

Edit#6: Sooooo yeah. If you just move the mouse off your supermarks.....you will not have a problem editing them. So...kind of a stupid move on my part, not figuring it out sooner...it's still kind of a bug, but easily avoidable. So, in Closing, If you want to edit a Supermark.....after you mouse over it and hit "v"...make sure to mouse off the supermark...because the X,C,V keys (to delete, move, or edit) are still active. That was a long road to a simple anwser....but sometimes that is the problem....a simple solution.

1. Operating System, System spec ?

2. What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)

V.1.2.0 and TWOS 1.06

3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.

Yes

4. Provide a screenshot which will show all content and installation path of your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder.

5. Describe briefly your mod installation process and specify any error messages you've got during the installation.

6. Confirm that you have checked for solution in provided install instructions and other documentation?

Yes

7. Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (do not type the list manually, use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).

Only added the antilag mod to fix stuttering....

8. If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
9. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
10. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves where problem can be observed.

Last edited by finchOU; 01-20-19 at 05:59 PM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 06:10 PM   #98
bstanko6
Admiral

Did a full reinstall, same problem. Flags are fine but the flagpole appears as if it has no skin. The other pole near the stern of the ship is also gray but no skin. If I take away the begin career with 7b and stick to 7a the 7a looks great no issues.

If I place the flag removal mod, it takes away that flag pole but there is the other flag pole at the stern that stays and is gray with no skin. Might be a conflict between the Uboat skins.

Last edited by bstanko6; 01-18-19 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-19-19, 03:15 PM   #99
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Did a full reinstall, same problem. Flags are fine but the flagpole appears as if it has no skin. The other pole near the stern of the ship is also gray but no skin. If I take away the begin career with 7b and stick to 7a the 7a looks great no issues.

If I place the flag removal mod, it takes away that flag pole but there is the other flag pole at the stern that stays and is gray with no skin. Might be a conflict between the Uboat skins.
I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about flags them self and not only the flagpoles. What you have described now sounds correct, I couldn't implement sub flags any better...
Old 01-19-19, 03:21 PM   #100
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Got a game crash when trying to edit a Supermark. Basically pushed V (to edit) and every time I typed "V" in the word convoy it would restart the editing process. Then when I had enough of that I moused over the cancel option and the game immediately crashed to windows. I've had a crash trying to re position Supermark once before...but thats it.
I remember similar problem reports from long time ago but I could never reproduce them. You should try with latest TWoS version but your problem may persist as well. v1.06 is very old and unstable.
Old 01-19-19, 06:33 PM   #101
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
v1.06 is very old and unstable.
I hope my kids feel this way about me when I'm older. lol.

Weird thing after testing more is that it only seems to happen with a Second Supermark. The first one works just fine I think.

EDIT: Just mousing off the Supermark solves the "problem". Ugh....Can't believe I didn't figure that out sooner

As soon as I die again....I'll upgrade to the latest. Too much life going on right now to play SH5 a lot.

Last edited by finchOU; 01-20-19 at 06:04 PM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 07:17 PM   #102
bstanko6
Admiral

VDR... thanks understood. Like I said it’s just a eye candy issue, no working problems great update thanks.
Old 01-26-19, 01:59 AM   #103
kinaba28
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default texts wierd bug.

I am having this issue with the watch officer crew, i am in my third patrol the coastal waters campaign and it happens after i depart from the port.

https://ibb.co/KwDGzr4
kinaba28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 01:36 AM   #104
bstanko6
Admiral

Default Ship journal entries

Hey guys have twos 2.2.9 and I'm using the journal for the first time. When I start up my last save, I go to open the ship journal, select my patrol number, and I just noticed like four repeat entries all over the journal. Like everything repeated 2-3-4 times. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-28-19, 06:25 AM   #105
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > kinaba28
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Please post your mod list.
Post #9 JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post > Pictorial
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote