SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-18, 04:23 AM   #31
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328
Uploads: 0

I solved

Now probe explain :

I don't know what happened but inadvertently, not wanting,
I deactivated NETframework 3.5
I go in panel control reactivated NETframework 3.5 restart PC, and all work good.
I thank Vecko and Fitzcarraldo for helping me ,I hope solution of my problem( although I believe it is quite rare)can help other players

Old 02-28-18, 06:06 AM   #32
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
I solved

Now probe explain :

I go in panel control reactivated NETframework 3.5 restart PC, and all work good.
I thank Vecko and Fitzcarraldo for helping me ,I hope solution of my problem( although I believe it is quite rare)can help other players

Happy hunting Cpt Luca !
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 06:29 AM   #33
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Happy hunting Cpt Luca !
Old 02-28-18, 07:34 AM   #34
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
I solved

Now probe explain :

Your problem also gave me an idea to include latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 web installer into the main TWoS package. It will not hurt to have it on board an hopefully problem like your will never repeat again...

Old 04-14-18, 08:33 AM   #35
Lucan Orion
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Steam conversion not working

Hello Everyone,

I purchased SH5 through steam and immediately noticed it was buggy. Found my way here through the steam community.

I'm guessing the solution to my problem will be a simple fix due to something I'm doing wrong. Keep in mind, I'm not a computer guy, so if you're going to ask me questions, you're going to have to dumb them down considerably.

I download and installed the TWoS v2.2 and followed along with the instructions in the pdf. Installation went just as tpredicted in the instructions. However when I try to run the "TWoS KSDCommander.exe" I get the following pop up "KSDCommander.exe must be located in the root folder of the game. The program will be closed."

So what do I do?
Lucan Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 10:39 PM   #36
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucan Orion View Post
Hello Everyone,

I purchased SH5 through steam and immediately noticed it was buggy. Found my way here through the steam community.

I'm guessing the solution to my problem will be a simple fix due to something I'm doing wrong. Keep in mind, I'm not a computer guy, so if you're going to ask me questions, you're going to have to dumb them down considerably.

I download and installed the TWoS v2.2 and followed along with the instructions in the pdf. Installation went just as tpredicted in the instructions. However when I try to run the "TWoS KSDCommander.exe" I get the following pop up "KSDCommander.exe must be located in the root folder of the game. The program will be closed."

So what do I do?
The root folder is where the SH5.exe is . Where ever you installed the game .
Default Steam path is :

LocalDisc C/Programfilesx86/Steam/SteamApps/Common/SilentHunter5

Do you have it in another location ?
Old 08-29-18, 12:09 PM   #37
meccup
Nub

Downloads: 5

after instaling the wolves of steel 2.2_sh5 expansion pack_v2.2.7_full game (steam version) not responding after firs load bar (black screen after loading)

please help
meccup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-18, 12:35 PM   #38
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccup View Post
after instaling the wolves of steel 2.2_sh5 expansion pack_v2.2.7_full game (steam version) not responding after firs load bar (black screen after loading)

please help
The black screen is normal, it can last at least 4 minutes
Don’t panic, be patient, TWOS mod is huge and computers needs time to load it.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 09:07 PM   #39
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

Icon9 Like Meccup, running into the same thing...

D/l'ed, installed... followed instructions for it, and when I go to run it after everything is said & done... I see ubi load, mod load screen... then it goes to black screen.... an I sit there & wait... an wait... an wait... I waited up to 10+ minutes... check task master, an it shows sh5 as locked up, not doing anything. I am just about to the point of saying heck with it, dumping sh5 completely & not even trying any further.

Just for clarification, before this, I had TWoS ver. 2.2.5, I believe it was, installed with following TheBerbster's walkthrough, and it worked. When I found out about the update to 2.2.7, I though ok, great.... I d/l'ed & went with the updater 2.2.X to 2.2.7 deal... an ran into issues with that, same issues as with the 2.2.7 steam install standalone version... and now, it is unplayable.

I am about @ my wits end....
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 02:45 AM   #40
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
D/l'ed, installed... followed instructions for it, and when I go to run it after everything is said & done... I see ubi load, mod load screen... then it goes to black screen.... an I sit there & wait... an wait... an wait... I waited up to 10+ minutes... check task master, an it shows sh5 as locked up, not doing anything. I am just about to the point of saying heck with it, dumping sh5 completely & not even trying any further.

Just for clarification, before this, I had TWoS ver. 2.2.5, I believe it was, installed with following TheBerbster's walkthrough, and it worked. When I found out about the update to 2.2.7, I though ok, great.... I d/l'ed & went with the updater 2.2.X to 2.2.7 deal... an ran into issues with that, same issues as with the 2.2.7 steam install standalone version... and now, it is unplayable.

If it was running fine with 2.2.5 version, you should deinstall SH5, delete your documents/SH5, clean up with Ccleaner, and re-install everything fresh with the full download 2.2.7
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 03:23 AM   #41
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

You should never see "ubi loading" screen if the mod has been installed according instructions. I guess you've messed up something there...
Cheers.
Old 10-02-18, 03:50 AM   #42
JANGO_0088
Watch

Downloads: 39

Hi, I have steam. Installed v2.2.7 full and works fine, but the subsystem screen is in German. It is normal?
JANGO_0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 03:00 PM   #43
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentrodelbote View Post
Hi, I have steam. Installed v2.2.7 full and works fine, but the subsystem screen is in German. It is normal?
yes
Old 10-02-18, 08:12 PM   #44
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

Icon7 Like Meccup, running into the same thing... *update*

Just to clarify, when I initially posted, had been up for a good while... so when I said in it, of seeing the Ubi load screen.. I misspoke... for that, my apologies... I was tired, upset & majorly frustrated... any way...

That said...

What is that expression about 3 times & all...?? I digress..

After deleting & ensuring that any & all files, folders, etc. associated with or for SH5 were indeed finito, CCleaner ran, I then proceeded to re go back through d/l & install of SH5, ran it, shut it down, then went through the install process of TWoS 2.2.7, I can finally say that I got it to run & work as it should...

3rd time around...

That is all...
Old 10-16-18, 08:22 PM   #45
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
SHO

Thanks so much for this!

Just was able to install via Steam and install this mod pack in just a few minutes!

Only problem I had was I needed to exit/finish the install and start the Generic Patcher later since the SH5.exe was still open by the Steam Converter apparently.

Otherwise it was smooth sailing! Thanks!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote