SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #196
Sailor Steve
Too old for his own good.
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 51,498
Downloads: 745
Uploads: 250


Default

Maik, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Others have hosted mods websites in the past, and all have slipped by the wayside. It's my job to manage the Subsim Downloads, but you do it all by yourself, and you do an outstanding job.

You seem to be reluctant to talk about it, but I'll ask anyway: Where and how do I go to make a donation to your site? I couldn't find anything when I looked around, and I'd like to help you as much as you've helped the community.
__________________
“Never do anything you can't take back.”
—Rocky Russo
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #197
Plissken_04
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 603
Downloads: 387
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Maik, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Others have hosted mods websites in the past, and all have slipped by the wayside. It's my job to manage the Subsim Downloads, but you do it all by yourself, and you do an outstanding job.

You seem to be reluctant to talk about it, but I'll ask anyway: Where and how do I go to make a donation to your site? I couldn't find anything when I looked around, and I'd like to help you as much as you've helped the community.

Thanks for your kind words but nobody need to make a donation,cause i use an NAS (Network Attached System) with one 2TB HDD in it and the Manufacturer build the function of an FTP Server inside the NAS.

To get access to the Server is still easy,the important thing is,to find someone in the Internet,who can host the WAN IP from the ISP (Dynamic DNS).
I found NoIP.com to host my WAN IP and choosed a Name for the URL to get access to the Server from outside.

The NAS is connected via LAN Cable to my Router and have made Port Forwarding for Port 21.

That's all


So Long

Maik
__________________
Silent Hunter 3 Mods & Game on my Homepage (Click on Image)










Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #198
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Hi All
I am having trouble accessing Plissken_04 site from his sig link...is anyone else not getting access too?
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #199
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter
 
Fubar2Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: London. UK
Posts: 4,399
Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Hi All
I am having trouble accessing Plissken_04 site from his sig link...is anyone else not getting access too?

Could be Maik has too many on his ftp atm, keep trying mate, all will be well

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #200
Johnfb
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 604
Downloads: 222
Uploads: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Could be Maik has too many on his ftp atm, keep trying mate, all will be well

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Last edited by Johnfb; 01-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #201
Kelly621
Officer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 237
Downloads: 336
Uploads: 0
Default

Maik,
Like many others here, I would like to add my thanks and appreciation for the valuable resource you have provided us. If the need ever arises I would be happy to make a donation.

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #202
Plissken_04
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 603
Downloads: 387
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
Maik,
Like many others here, I would like to add my thanks and appreciation for the valuable resource you have provided us. If the need ever arises I would be happy to make a donation.

Kelly621
Many Thanks for your kind words and about the Donation,read my Post #202 why you don't need it.


So Long

Maik
__________________
Silent Hunter 3 Mods & Game on my Homepage (Click on Image)










Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #203
Madox58
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,577
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 12
Default

I respectfully request you lock any mods done by me from further downloads.
Madox58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #204
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mod soup bar and grill
Posts: 1,777
Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0
Default

something wrong privateer?
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #205
Madox58
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,577
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
something wrong privateer?
Nothing a ballbat and a face to face meeting with a few people couldn't solve.
Hell, I'd go hand to hand if it was face to face.
I'm tired, lost a few old and close friends, and no longer want to play with Richards.
I ask a simple request. I hope I garnered enuff respect over the years that my request is honored.
Madox58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #206
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mod soup bar and grill
Posts: 1,777
Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0
Default

sorry to hear that privateer. and I think I understand. If you ever wish to talk you know where to find me.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #207
Plissken_04
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 603
Downloads: 387
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I respectfully request you lock any mods done by me from further downloads.

It will be done!


So Long

Maik
__________________
Silent Hunter 3 Mods & Game on my Homepage (Click on Image)










Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #208
Viktor_Prien
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 72
Downloads: 197
Uploads: 0
Default problem

I am having trouble downloading the files...when it's close to the end of the download it reports "operation failed"

just in case...is there someone that can provide me a working download link to the River class frigate mod and the Messerschmitt 262 mod?Thanks in advance to all
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #209
Plissken_04
Commodore
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 603
Downloads: 387
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
I am having trouble downloading the files...when it's close to the end of the download it reports "operation failed"

just in case...is there someone that can provide me a working download link to the River class frigate mod and the Messerschmitt 262 mod?Thanks in advance to all

U48Kriegsmarine wrote me yesterday in a PM the same Problem.I wrote him,he should tryout Filezilla,and today in the Morning he wrote back that Filezilla has solved the Problem.

So Long

Maik
__________________
Silent Hunter 3 Mods & Game on my Homepage (Click on Image)










Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #210
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mod soup bar and grill
Posts: 1,777
Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0
Default

seems like it has become a somewhat common problem
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim