SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-20, 09:56 AM   #511
ceh
Sailor man

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Everything seems like a small fix when someone else is doing it
Old 11-12-20, 11:56 AM   #512
bigbear
Watch

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh View Post
Everything seems like a small fix when someone else is doing it
I suspect that it actually is a small fix in this case since they already worked out the logic for all the other screens. It's just the conning tower that is the problem (as far as I can see so far).
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 12:14 PM   #513
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

How is it not working in the conning tower? Screen rendering distortion? Black out when entering it? Straight out game crash? Usually screenshots help to tell what the issue is. They can't fix what they can't know.
Old 11-12-20, 01:35 PM   #514
ceh
Sailor man

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
I suspect that it actually is a small fix in this case since they already worked out the logic for all the other screens. It's just the conning tower that is the problem (as far as I can see so far).
Well, I don't know how much work each resolution is, TBH. It could be a tweak, it could be a few hours of work... In any case, as Pisces said, some information wouldn't go amiss
Old 11-12-20, 04:54 PM   #515
bigbear
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
How is it not working in the conning tower? Screen rendering distortion? Black out when entering it? Straight out game crash? Usually screenshots help to tell what the issue is. They can't fix what they can't know.
Normally, as you move your cursor to the right or the left, the screen view will adjust itself to where you point it. In the case of the conning tower, when you try to move the cursor to the left or right, the cursor will not move past a certain limited range -- thereby preventing you from placing the cursor over any of the necessary sub's controls that fall outside of that range, such as the periscope or navigation controls. The screen viewport width was defined to be within a certain limited number of pixels based on a smaller screen size. The viewport width isn't being set the same way that it is on the other sub environments. If you look at the code, you will almost certainly see that is the case, which is why I am convinced it is an easy fix, but since I don't have access to the code, I can't say precisely where the problem is. Although I can see various sub controls to the right and left of the ladder that is in the center of the screen, the cursor doesn't quite allow me to move past that ladder in any direction to the right or left. I hope that explains it.

Last edited by bigbear; 11-12-20 at 05:09 PM.
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 04:58 PM   #516
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Seems a pretty clear problem description now. I'm sure the devs have something to work with now. I only have 1920x1080 so I can't help to replicate it.
Old 11-13-20, 04:59 PM   #517
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3
Default Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've been working on foam effects for the water asset. Here is a work-in-progress screenshot.

Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 03:01 PM   #518
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Default Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we've been improving the waves and wake simulation. We want it to look as nice as possible before we put it all together and add more effects.
Old 11-27-20, 03:59 PM   #519
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Work on the water asset continues, this week they have been working on integrating the different subsystems and optimization. Next week they will work on skybox integration.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:33 AM   #520
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Default Weekly update

Hello everyone! Work on the water asset continues. This week we have been working on improving the wave spectrum and buoyancy model.

Old 12-04-20, 01:50 PM   #521
ChrisPhoenix
Bosun

May i ask a question about the upcoming update? Can waves go over the boat now? And if yes, will the water go into the bilge if the hatch is open?
ChrisPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-20, 04:21 PM   #522
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPhoenix View Post
May i ask a question about the upcoming update? Can waves go over the boat now? And if yes, will the water go into the bilge if the hatch is open?
Not at the moment, but we are looking into it.
Old 12-11-20, 04:22 PM   #523
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Default Weekly update

Hello everyone! This week we have been working on integrating the skybox and weather system with the new water asset.
Old 12-18-20, 06:15 PM   #524
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Default Weekly update

Hello everyone! This week we have continued working on the skybox and weather system. We are also happy to announce that a new developer has joined the team. Welcome Axel!
Old 12-22-20, 02:34 PM   #525
Blackcloud161
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Default Idea for more customers

As they say advertisement is key.
I know this has been covered before but please hear me out.
Youtube is a fantastic way to advertise. I found your game and was compelled to buy it because of Wolfpack345 game play. But as of now no more videos of game play have been made on Youtube for months. I think it would help if gamers could record game files that could be played back, after game play ended to create cinematics in their videos. This would generate new interest and give you loads of free advertising. Take a look at Wolfpack345 SH3 videos. Granted the camera he uses is during game play (which we would not want for Wolfpack as it breaks immersion), but it adds so much interest to the game that I am sure many have found their way into a uboat because of videos like these. Please consider this option for the future.

Thank you and your amazing team for all the hard work.
James
Blackcloud161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hms marulken, subsim, u-boat, usurpator, wolfpack