SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-24, 11:27 AM   #2866
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Coming alongnicely

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-24, 02:00 PM   #2867
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
i managed to get smooth fps with my s-class engine using particle (object)
effects for the moving parts. it's also possible to control the animation speed
this way. i could take a look and try to adapt my library to your engine
Uploaded my interior to the folder so you can look now .....thank you vickers03 !!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-24, 02:55 PM   #2868
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Prize warfare pop-up screen example; these will only be visible when you get close to neutral & unarmed merchants. Also, they will only appear when you are surfaced and using the bridge camera.

That way, no cheating by using free camera to see if a ship can be torpedoed.

Also, there will always be a chance it's a Q-ship, so be careful.
There will be lots of different cargoes depending on the ship - I may adjust the screen but this is the basic idea.

WWI French magazine illustration of a Q-ship attacking a U-Boat - surprising the German crew!

Old 04-01-24, 10:58 PM   #2869
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

vickers03, you are a genius!

Got your file and tweaked my existing file based on it. I feel like Capt. Miller after they blew up the German bunker on D-Day: "we're in business!"

This takes care of a major hold up; the remaining interior can now get worked on. Beds and torpedo room have already been made - just need texturing, so I really like the position I'm in right now.

The one last issue is realistic small pipes and wiring to add '"clutter" - because good looking pipes are deceptively simple, taking more work than more complex parts. But i have some ideas I will probably implement this week once I get back from work.

Alongside this is final tweaking of new damage effects for ships and ship weapons systems, which isn't too hard.

The mod as a whole needs more merchant vessels but these take very little time to produce, so - again - things are going quite well.
Old 04-02-24, 08:52 AM   #2870
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Prize warfare pop-up screen example; these will only be visible when you get close to neutral & unarmed merchants. Also, they will only appear when you are surfaced and using the bridge camera.

That way, no cheating by using free camera to see if a ship can be torpedoed.

Also, there will always be a chance it's a Q-ship, so be careful.
There will be lots of different cargoes depending on the ship - I may adjust the screen but this is the basic idea.

Beautiful!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 12:44 PM   #2871
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Thanks Rhodes! I also will have some interaction icons - visible in Bridge mode only - so you can recover people or items for renown. I will modify one of the guns as a life ring/lifeline to "sink" items you can get rewarded for. A few possible examples:

-Taking a British captain prisoner for renown
-Getting a code book or secret documents from a body in a lifeboat
-Saving a crashed pilot in the water
-Rescuing a German officer who was held prisoner on board an allied ship

Each U-Boat will only have about 4 life rings, so only 4 chances to rescue prisoners/items - just to keep it realistic because space on a submarine was limited.

The most prisoners I have heard of a WWI submarine taking was about 12, and that was (I think) on one of the large, U-Cruiser submarines.
Old 04-04-24, 01:50 AM   #2872
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Prize warfare pop-up screen example;
I don't know if you still want to add this thing, but knowing that you wanted to add names to the merchant ships, it would be an intresting small detail adding in this chart the ship's home port and/or the Shipping Line.
If you want, it's not a problem to me searching the main home ports and lines (I can find them on my copy of "1912, Lloyds' book of house flags and funnels" or send directly the pdf to you)

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 01:55 PM   #2873
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
I don't know if you still want to add this thing, but knowing that you wanted to add names to the merchant ships, it would be an intresting small detail adding in this chart the ship's home port and/or the Shipping Line.
If you want, it's not a problem to me searching the main home ports and lines (I can find them on my copy of "1912, Lloyds' book of house flags and funnels" or send directly the pdf to you)
I actually have a slightly different job for you if you're interested, I will PM you. Thanks!

Also, any watchers who have decent writing/storytelling abilities, feel free to PM me too.

By way of weekly update: Started work on the final version of several merchantmen.

Detailed 3d damage for cargo ships is being implemented.

Spent time adjusting average tonnage for merchantmen ... in WWI, ships were more numerous but lighter tonnage than WWII. In fact, freighters of 5000 - 8000 GRT were not too common - so you will need to make tonnage by sinking larger numbers of smaller ships, on average. There will, however, be many types of liners from 10,000 tons to 30,000 ton giants like RMS Lusitania, Mauretania, Justicia, and so on...