SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-21, 05:28 PM   #1
Halogen
A-ganger

Downloads: 285
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Confused as hell

No idea what I'm doing wrong but these mods ive tried using arent working.
Ive installed them all to JSGME perfectly fine but they change nothing
Is it because I'm using LSH3?
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 05:48 PM   #2
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

The Devil is in the details and you have posted no details.
Old 02-19-21, 05:58 PM   #3
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halogen View Post

https://www.edilivre.com/lexpression...s-les-details/
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:36 AM   #4
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
how do you get help if you give us no details like Jeff told you ...! contact me if you want help..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:33 PM   #5
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

A simple list of mods enable by JSGME would be a good start.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:49 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: SH3 not working as intended with mods...

Am gonna go out on a limb here.. & say, it is likely due to:

1. Being installed in either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86)

2. Likely without either 4GB patch applied or use of Large Address Aware, which LAA, is simpler to use in My opinion...

3. The SH3.exe in not hot listed as to have read only disabled on it...

As Jeff-Groves said... the devil's in the details.. or lack there of...

M. M.

Old 03-14-21, 12:08 AM   #7
Halogen
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Am gonna go out on a limb here.. & say, it is likely due to:

1. Being installed in either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86)

2. Likely without either 4GB patch applied or use of Large Address Aware, which LAA, is simpler to use in My opinion...

3. The SH3.exe in not hot listed as to have read only disabled on it...

As Jeff-Groves said... the devil's in the details.. or lack there of...

M. M.

That doesnt make much sense seeing as the whole game is not installed there at all, its on a separate hard drive under "G:\Steam Folder\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3"
Old 03-14-21, 04:46 AM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
That doesnt make much sense seeing as the whole game is not installed there at all, its on a separate hard drive under "G:\Steam Folder\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3"
Ok, then install location is not an issue then.

As for the rest...

Applying either the 4GB patch or the Large address Aware, will assign SH3 4 Gigs of RAM. As stated, Large Address Aware, to Me, is the simplest to do. Just 3 steps & done. Step 1, browse to the SH3.exe's location in LAA. Step 2, check mark to assign it more than 2 GB's or Ram, done. Step 3., click accept or OK & done... Couldn't be any easier. So easy, a cave man could do it...

Ensuring your SH3.exe is NOT read only enabled, is a simple matter of right clicking on it, selecting 'properties' from the pop up menu. In that menu box, on the main page, under the 'General' tab of that menu look for Read Only.. there is a box by it. Make sure THAT box, is NOT checked... if it is, uncheck it & then click accept. Done. While in 'Properties', go into 'Compatibility' tab... & check that 'Run as Admin', is checked. if not, then check it & click accept... Done.

These steps should resolve the issues you're facing.

If not, then it sounds like you may need to do a complete uninstall & reinstall
as either you failed to do the taking the SH3.exe off of read only, BEFORE you ran the auto installed for LSH3 or something went wrong with LSH3 installing.

Have LSH3 & am able to run it, without any issues... whatsoever.

That's the only thing I can see of...

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

Old 03-14-21, 07:56 AM   #9
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:

As for the rest...

Applying either the 4GB patch or the Large address Aware, will assign SH3 4 Gigs of RAM. As stated, Large Address Aware, to Me, is the simplest to do. Just 3 steps & done. Step 1, browse to the SH3.exe's location in LAA. Step 2, check mark to assign it more than 2 GB's or Ram, done. Step 3., click accept or OK & done... Couldn't be any easier. So easy, a cave man could do it...

Ensuring your SH3.exe is NOT read only enabled, is a simple matter of right clicking on it, selecting 'properties' from the pop up menu. In that menu box, on the main page, under the 'General' tab of that menu look for Read Only.. there is a box by it. Make sure THAT box, is NOT checked... if it is, uncheck it & then click accept. Done. While in 'Properties', go into 'Compatibility' tab... & check that 'Run as Admin', is checked. if not, then check it & click accept... Done.

as either you failed to do the taking the SH3.exe off of read only, BEFORE you ran the auto installed for LSH3 or something went wrong with LSH3 installing.

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

Actually, install location *is* an issue still because it's a steam install. Since it is a steam install, that sh3.exe is the steam launcher for sh3. The real sh3.exe is called testapp.exe.

There are a rest of additional things you'll need to do. Strongly advise doing a clean install of sh3 and then copying that over to an individual separate install for each different megamod.
Old 03-14-21, 06:18 PM   #10
Halogen
A-ganger

Quote:

As for the rest...

Hope this info helps.

M. M.

I did all of those things and it helped SOME of the mods actually work, but I guess some just dont work with LSH3 which is sad, but thanks for the help!
Old 03-15-21, 02:56 AM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
I did all of those things and it helped SOME of the mods actually work, but I guess some just dont work with LSH3 which is sad, but thanks for the help!
Some will work with LSH3 & some won't.. as they were designed only for other mods like... NYGM, or GWX3, or WAC... which is why it pays to pay attention to the read me.. that is if the mod comes with 1.. which most do. Every once in a while, you may run across a mod that doesn't. In that case, then go to the mods [Rel] mod thread post, if it was from a modder on subsim.

Just have to do your homework on mods, is all.

Glad to know that the info I gave, helped.

M. M.

Old 03-15-21, 03:00 AM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Actually, install location *is* an issue still because it's a steam install. Since it is a steam install, that sh3.exe is the steam launcher for sh3. The real sh3.exe is called testapp.exe.

There are a rest of additional things you'll need to do. Strongly advise doing a clean install of sh3 and then copying that over to an individual separate install for each different megamod.
I don't know what you are talking about 3cat... as far as I know of, testapp.exe, with Steam install is not the .exe you use to play SH3. The .exe you would use, is tagged as SH3.No clear idea, just why in all that's holy, that is even in there for...

Of course, there WAS or still is, as far as I know of.. a mod applet that was made, that divorces SH3 from Steam's game launcher grasp... called 'SFSF' (without the ' ' marks, if any care to google for it).

M. M.

Old 03-15-21, 05:09 AM   #13
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Halogen if you would like SH3 on dvd just send me a PM with your name and postal address and i will send you two copies of SH3 on dvd copied from this oringinal dvd if your in uk you will have SH3 within three days or if your in the USA within three weeks

regards blackswan40

@Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own Salute

blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 12:19 PM   #14
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about 3cat... as far as I know of, testapp.exe, with Steam install is not the .exe you use to play SH3. The .exe you would use, is tagged as SH3.No clear idea, just why in all that's holy, that is even in there for...

Of course, there WAS or still is, as far as I know of.. a mod applet that was made, that divorces SH3 from Steam's game launcher grasp... called 'SFSF' (without the ' ' marks, if any care to google for it).

M. M.

What is the file size for the sh3.exe in a steam install as compared to in a non-steam install? If it is different, you have your answer.
Old 03-15-21, 02:20 PM   #15
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
What is the file size for the sh3.exe in a steam install as compared to in a non-steam install? If it is different, you have your answer.
On that now, 3cat... I wouldn't know.

I used that mod applet SFSF to divorce My copy of SH3 from Steam, sometime back. I do know that when it was still in Steam's launchers control grasp, I still had no issues when I modded it out with LSH3. I also modded it with GWX3, but admittedly... not both at the same time. I only learned about multish3, after I used SFSF.

Of course, too.. I use a computer with 2 HD's installed into it, just as I plan on with My new rig I am working on (slowly, but surely... ) to replace the 1 I am on now, typing this up.

I do know, there are a lot of variables that can & do affect game installs, mod additions & the like. That also is taking into account god only knows just how many different computer rigs are out there now.. not to forget, graphics & processors & motherboards... all of that does come into play, as well... & well, you have a veritable nightmare.

So, what works for 1, may or may not work for another...

M. M.