SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-09, 09:51 AM   #1
MRAD
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default Time compression bug!

Hello, I have a bug that I need some help with...

I recently started using SH4, after swithing from SH3 and going through what I thought was most of what I could get done in the game. Now upon downloading SH4 off of steam and running it at 1.3 without the U-boat expansion, the game ran without any issues and ran quite fast. I was able to run time compression at 8K with mods loaded and did so with no lagg at all, not even a single studder within the game at that compression setting. Now comes the problem, after installing the expansion and having the game up to 1.5 [through steam] I was able to run the game for about half of my third mission as a American commander in a Gar, based off of Pearl Harbor with time compression not being an issue, as with 1.3. Now, when I finished waiting for the patrol mission to "complete", I killed a few merchants and a destroyer in the area and set course for the harbor once again, as I had completed the patrol portion of the mission and got quite a few kills in. The time compression completely froze the game, I was barely able to get compression to 250X (or was it 252) without having the compression act so slow that the game basically froze, getting it to 1500X was nearly impossible and now the compression feature seems to be completely bugged. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue, my computer is not a problem, and as I said, I had this game running at max compression prior to version 1.5. I had the game running mod free, using high graphics setings (custom settings actually), but the graphics settings aren't an issue, I still have the game running smooth when not in compression. Either than this, it is the only slow-down I have faced in any application with this gaming rig, also never had a problem with steam.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, I really want to get this running again, it worked great before 1.5.

My system is as follows:

Intel iC7 920 (2.6Ghz) OC'd @3.4Ghz and stable for several months
8GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum Ram
500GB Western Digital Caviar Black HD / Secondary as 1TB Western Digital Caviar black (game is installed on the main, the 500GB)
Windows Vista 64-bit
BFG - Nvidia GTX280 OC (software version 62.0.1c)
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (bios version F6)
Integrated sound (yeah I know, but I use a Sennheiser headset, so the card is more than good enough to get great sound)

Last edited by MRAD; 10-21-09 at 11:50 AM.
MRAD is offline   Reply With Quote