SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-05, 10:16 AM   #31
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
Quote:
Covered above in the FAQ - "Q: When I open SH3 Commander I get a screen full of "Error!" labels and/or error messages saying that SH3 Commander cannot write to, or access, certain game files. What's wrong?". Also, the first few responses in this thread cover this scenario.
Yes I know but as I unprotect the files in sh3, the files suddenly protect itself, so I cant use the sh-comannder, quite anoying... Hope someone can help? because as it is now, I can't use this program which is a shame...
I'd be looking at your antivirus, firewall or any installed system monitoring software. If your SH3 files are somehow read-only (they shouldn't be by the way), and you remove the read-only attribute but it comes back on, that's something you or your system is doing. Curiously, are all SH3 files affected, or just some? Perhaps it's permissions related - I assume you are running WinXP and logged in under the Admin account?
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 10:20 PM   #32
johnlax
Navy Dude

Downloads: 21
Default Rubini's Harbour traffic mod

JS Can you help? I have win xp SH III patch 1.4b I was hoping to get a mod that allows for Milk Cow re-supply. I was told to secure Rubini's 1.47 Harbor traffic mod and this can be achieved. Then I was advised to install a mod enabler which I did (jsgme). I started running career patrols after I installed the above and did not notice any Milk Cows or extra Harbor traffic . Now I am being told that I need to install SH III Commander to make all the features of Rubini's mod work. Is this correct and if so what steps do I now do to get commander on my system. Do I need to deactivate Rubini's mod or can I install Commander as it is right now? Please help I feel like I am running in circles.
johnlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 10:43 PM   #33
JScones
Navy Seal

Default Re: Rubini's Harbour traffic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlax
JS Can you help? I have win xp SH III patch 1.4b I was hoping to get a mod that allows for Milk Cow re-supply. I was told to secure Rubini's 1.47 Harbor traffic mod and this can be achieved. Then I was advised to install a mod enabler which I did (jsgme). I started running career patrols after I installed the above and did not notice any Milk Cows or extra Harbor traffic . Now I am being told that I need to install SH III Commander to make all the features of Rubini's mod work. Is this correct and if so what steps do I now do to get commander on my system. Do I need to deactivate Rubini's mod or can I install Commander as it is right now? Please help I feel like I am running in circles.
Getting HT to work is a question for the mod developer, Rubini, or experienced HT mod users. Whether HT needs SH3Cmdr and how they should work together is another question for Rubini or HT users. I'd be surprised though if this wasn't covered in the HT readme. You may have better luck posting this question to the HT1.47 thread (actually, a quick scan of that thread sees that this question has been answered). It's just that I've never used HT so don't know it that well.

Now, getting SH3Cmdr to work is simply a matter of downloading (from one of the links in my sig - the lite version differs only by excluding the random ship skins) and installing to a place of your choice - you don't need to uninstall any mods. After installing, read the SH3Cmdr Help.html file which provides more information (you can find it online here). The first screen you will need to visit is "SH3 Options", which allows you to set career and gameplay preferences. FAQs can be found on page 1 of this topic.
Old 01-06-06, 11:10 PM   #34
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

If I may, SHII Commander 2.3 works very good with HT1.47. Makes the game even more real as campaign stats are saved for you and the crew.

Just make sure it's installed BEFORE you start a patrol (be in port is the only requirement while running a campaign) or it will corrupt the whole game and you'll have to do a complete reinstall. I found out the hard way by accident and lost 27 patrols. No one's fault but mine.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 11:22 PM   #35
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182
If I may, SHII Commander 2.3 works very good with HT1.47. Makes the game even more real as campaign stats are saved for you and the crew.

Just make sure it's installed BEFORE you start a patrol (be in port is the only requirement while running a campaign) or it will corrupt the whole game and you'll have to do a complete reinstall. I found out the hard way by accident and lost 27 patrols. No one's fault but mine.
Hehe...did you read my response in the UBI forum here?
Old 01-12-06, 10:01 AM   #36
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Downloads: 38

Here's a weird one for you...

I was using SH3 Commander (full) just fine, no problems. No I have noticed that the Flotilla names are back to default. I.e. in SH3 Commander, the flotilla's are called 1st Flotilla, 2nd Flotilla, etc. where as it used to be Werdigen and so on.... the start locations are also different. IRolled back sh3C, unloaded RuB 1.45 with the JSGE (its the only mod I have) and completely uninstalled SH3C, and SHIII, deleted all the folders... and reinstalled from new, in this order: SH3, Patch 1.4b, RuB 1.45, SH3Cdr, launch SH3 start a carrer, start patrol, end patrol exit SH3, then launch SH3Cdr to create a new carreer and it STILL no longer shows the flotilla names.....

Very confusing... the only file I saved/restored from SH3Cdr is the Crew Fatigue Models (i added one of my own.)

What am I missing? and why did it change?

Thanks!

Jamie
Skweetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-06, 02:40 PM   #37
Marhkimov
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Possibly SH3Cmdr might not be working...

Are you sure you installed it correctly? Can you confirm that it is indeed working?

Other than that, I have no ideas.
Old 01-12-06, 04:28 PM   #38
Skweetis
Watch Officer

It should be, because crew changes I have made in SH3Cdr are reflected in SH3, it just seems to be flotilla names (in the SH3Cdr pulldown, and SH3) and starting ports (I distinctly remember them being different with a different Captain for the same dates.

Kinda creepy.

Used the install sheild, so I cant see that being a problem.
Old 01-12-06, 07:07 PM   #39
Skweetis
Watch Officer

NEVERMIND.... im an idiot! Can a moderator help me salvage my pride, and remove my and related posts in this thread!
Old 01-17-06, 05:20 AM   #40
JScones
Navy Seal

THIS THREAD CAN BE UNSTICKIED - FAQ NOW FORM PART OF RELEASE 2.4 AND CAN ALSO BE FOUND HERE.
Old 01-17-06, 09:46 AM   #41
jackcford
Swabbie

Downloads: 330

Yeah! 2.4 is up and working, a big thank you.....

One problem that I cannot find an answer for in the FAQ or elsewhere is that it doesn't seem to like Improved U-Boatv102. SHIII starts from SHIIICmdr until Improved U-Boatv102 is activated then SHIII hangs at start up. I did the roll back and deactivated all mods first but still this problem?

Also I'm a little unclear about the extra skins (which are installed as per the instruction) does SHIIICmdr automatically select them according to date and is any other mod required to make them work?

Any ideas please

jackcford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-06, 09:57 AM   #42
U768
Sailor man

Downloads: 102

Good work with this new version of SH3 to Command.
But unfortunately I have a problem with the creation of career!
By choosing the year, I acquire the following message of error:

Access violation at address 7C9231144 in moddule'ntdll.dll'. Write of adress 00403FE9

I did not find answer in FAQ.
Thank you for helping me.
U768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-06, 08:43 PM   #43
JScones
Navy Seal

You sure you're running Windows XP or 2000?
Old 01-21-06, 03:29 AM   #44
U768
Sailor man

Downloads: 102

Windows Xp pro Sp2 French version.
U768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 03:39 AM   #45
JScones
Navy Seal

Interesting that you get a fatal OS error when simply reading a text file...

Does it make a difference if you have the "Correct U-boat availability dates" option selected (or whatever opposite to your current setting)?

Did you upgrade from SH3Cmdr 2.3? Or is this the first version of SH3Cmdr you have used?

Have you noticed any other anomolies, errors, missing details etc? Is it picking up existing careers? Are Personnel Files being successfully created etc etc?

Because you're getting a core OS error, I recommend as a start that you follow the "Q: When I open SH3 Commander I get a screen full of "Error!" labels and/or error messages saying that SH3 Commander cannot write to, or access, certain game files. What's wrong?" FAQ just to see whether it helps.