SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-20, 10:10 AM   #1
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0
bullhorn Anti Aliasing

Hi all,

Just got this yesterday, a quick question about AA. It seems a bit ragged around the edges, perhaps only x2 ? Has anyone got the jaggies sorted? I have tried messing with Nvidia Inspector but no dice so far.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Fubar
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 07:12 AM   #2
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

U mentioned having an NVidia card, have you tried using the "optimize" feature on the GEForce Experience app? If not, open Geforce experience, search if you dont know where its located, click on the "details" button in the UBOAT Gif, and in the right hand lower part of the screen is a wrench with "optimize game" or something like this. Try this, and see if perhaps you have your anti-aliasing set incorrectly for the game. If this doesn't do the trick, I would try the three AA setting is the game itself, then (if still no good) set the game to standard setting and change my NVidia AA in the driver itself. Somewhere in these options should be a look you can live with.

Best of luck!
-Wayne
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 12:24 PM   #3
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
U mentioned having an NVidia card, have you tried using the "optimize" feature on the GEForce Experience app? If not, open Geforce experience, search if you dont know where its located, click on the "details" button in the UBOAT Gif, and in the right hand lower part of the screen is a wrench with "optimize game" or something like this. Try this, and see if perhaps you have your anti-aliasing set incorrectly for the game. If this doesn't do the trick, I would try the three AA setting is the game itself, then (if still no good) set the game to standard setting and change my NVidia AA in the driver itself. Somewhere in these options should be a look you can live with.

Best of luck!
-Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply, I don't like GF Experience for a number of reasons. I have set ingame AA at max, but still no joy However after messing around with Nvidia Inspector I have managed to iron out the jaggies.

Thanks for the help shipmate.

Best regards.

Fubar
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 02:48 AM   #4
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

You are welcome! Glad you got it worked out...
Happy Hunting,
-Wayne
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote