SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-23, 01:53 PM   #31
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Any processe food in your houseold, occaisonally? Fish and chips in the pub? Bread lover?

I promise you, your salt intake might be bigger than you think. You must not be worried by too much salt, however. Only by too little.
Old 03-28-23, 02:01 PM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Not too much processed nor bread but love a traditional meat roast, fish and chips and especially curry.

I undergo quarterly medical checks on blood sugar levels and blood pressure as well as weight etc. and the two Metformin tablets I take daily appear to be working thus far.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 02:45 PM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Good for ya! My father took Metformin, too - now he must not anymore, as I said, he is free of diabetes, it even cannot be shown that he ever had it.

Watch for your B12 status, Metoformin is known to suppress active calcium-dependent B12 resorption. Result: B12 deficiency. B12 should definitely be supplemented when taking metformin, preferably a complete B-complex preparation. Otherwise there is a risk of diabetic neurophathy, brain atrophy or retinophathy. Vitamin D supports cellular insulin metabolism and the effect of metformin.
Antioxidants such as ubiquinol Q10 and vitamin C reduce oxidative vascular stress.
Chromium and magnesium also have a metformin-supporting effect in this context.

BTW, i did not say peopel shoudl forcefeed themselves with salt. I only said that nobody must see the need to activeyl save salt, redcue it, or act aagiusnt his appetite for it. If you wasnt to eat salt and like itk, feel no regret and eat as mcuh as you want. And if you dont have appetite for it, then stop eating it. Simple. Just do nto actively try to reduce it below what you normally would like to have and woudl enjoy to have and feel good to have. Most people will settle then in a range around 6-9 grams per day, all in total.

It is important to keep good salt supply intact when you redcue carbohydrates or go for ketogenic iet, ebcasue int hat case metabölooc chnages accurd that drive salt sonsumaiton steeply upwards. This MUST be repalced, else you start suffering for side effects - and beleive me, these you will feel for sure.

DiNicolantonio has more details on it in the videos. Doc Nico is practitioner and research cardiologist and pharmacologist at the St. Lukes Hospital in Kansas City, and a publishing academic heavyweight on his matters. Several books, over 300 contributions in scienes magazines, senior editor at "Open Heart" (belongs to British Medical Journal). I have red several of his books.

I had checked this Metformin all out when redirecting my father.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-28-23 at 02:53 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 02:45 PM   #34
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Same here-Think this Metformin is the best or the only on the marked.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 02:51 PM   #35
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Good for ya! My father took Metformin, too - now he must not anymore, as I said, he is free of diabetes, it even cannot be shown that he ever had it.

Watch for your B12 status, Metoformin is known to suppress active calcium-dependent B12 resorption. Result: B12 deficiency. B12 should definitely be supplemented when taking metformin, preferably a complete B-complex preparation. Otherwise there is a risk of diabetic neurophathy, brain atrophy or retinophathy. Vitamin D supports cellular insulin metabolism and the effect of metformin.
Antioxidants such as ubiquinol Q10 and vitamin C reduce oxidative vascular stress.
Chromium and magnesium also have a metformin-supporting effect in this context.

I had checked this all out when redirecting my father.
The sentence "Vitamin D supports cellular insulin metabolism and the effect of metformin."
Made me search for more info about this and found this page:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...sh-risk-of-t2d

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 03:11 PM   #36
Skybird
Soaring

Mapuc, there is a hot war being waged against any form of supplementation by industry lobbies and their affiliated medical supporters.When I read something that recomnends, like at the end of your article, a daily dose of 400 IU, and not more than 1200 at any cost, then I know that I am dealing with somebody who does not know the matter too well and just copies the propaganda he has been fed - or he is source of that propaganda. May it be Vitamine C, or D, or Iodine, or salt - the ether is filled with noise yellign at it and scaremongering people. We are not talkign about hard drugs with meter-long lists of side effects, risks and crossinteractions like metformin or statines or anythign - we are talking about NUTRIENTS. Components of food, in other words. Lets keep things in relation. Its better if one can tackle Diabetes 2 with food adjustements, than taking drugs. As long as this is possible, its the to-be-preferred option.

There is a cartel, and it tries to silence everbyody threatening the profit interests of the pharamceutical industry.

Also, this:

Old 03-28-23, 03:23 PM   #37
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Same here-Think this Metformin is the best or the only on the marked.

Markus
What Metformin does is it increases the cell's insuline sensitivity again (which before got resistent by getting drowned in sugar and insuline). Diabetes is thus called insuline-resistrence. Sugar is in the blood, needs to get out of there. Insuline tries to press it into the cells, cells already have enough sugar from earlier orgies and say "no, thanks, we already had enough", insuline says "hell, no, sugar must get out of the blood, you MUST take it, you bloody damn cell" and presses even harder (more insuline production). Sugar goes into the cell, which is full and fat of sugar and becomes even more unsensitive (=resistent) to insuline, so the next insuline push needs to be even more extensive to press even more sugar into the cells. And there you are.

Wouldn't it be better to just eat in a smarter way so that you must not care for all that sugfar in the blood - becasue there is none, or less? NMeans ther eis less insuline procued. Means ther eis less sugar in the cells. Means there is less need to press sugar itno the cells. Means cells can relax and get more insuline sensitive again.

Metformin sounds like a cheap exit, making the cell less insuline resistent. Th sugar still is too much, the asting habits may still be unhealthy. And it comes at a cost: side effects. The most feared side effect of metformin is lactic acidosis, the lethality of which is still 50 percent today. Less dangeorus side effects are diarrhoea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, sometimes brain fog, headache. The good reputation of Metformin is due to the fact that the side effect of other diabetic drugs are more severe.

Still, bets is if you could heal yourself with food and eating habits, not with artificial chemical drugs.

BTW, profound supply with Omega-3 also seems to have protective effects against insuline resistence.