SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-10, 11:10 PM   #106
Swordfishy
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Hey bud, thank you for the fast response! I have it set in the game files (Im pretty knowledgeable with software, so speak freely) to .50, and with that setting the test works flawless, even when I whisper. Now its installed, I load game and load a mission, but voice commands dont work, its not the installer since I can load all the other mods, however for testing purposes I have only this one enabled till I get it working.

Rig: P D925@3.0GHz, 4gbDDR2 ram, GeForce 8800 GTX, runs flawless, and windows speech recognition works very well too, just not working in game for some odd reason. Cant wait to get it going!

-sword
Swordfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 05:54 AM   #107
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Have you verified if the mod is enabled correctly (iow. the dll + exe + xml files are in the game root folder).

If you have updated the .py file with your preferred confidence level, and the testapp worked with that level, then I can't come up with a reason why it doesn't work in game. You could try removing the try: except: block in the InitializeScript-method and see if you get an exception (error) when the speech engine is loaded.

Like this:
Code:

def InitializeScript():
 if SHSpeechEngine.IsSupported:
  global speech
  if speech == None:
   speech = SHSpeechEngine("en-US")
   speech.Confidence = 0.5 
   speech.OrderReceived += speech_OrderReceived
  speech.Start()
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 02:05 PM   #108
Swordfishy
Nub

Downloads: 3

SUCCESS! ty bud, I just reinstalled and moved some files around, then placed the mod in manually, and boom it works like a dream! Now all the bugs dont bother me as much! Looking forward to sailing the forums and this wonderful modder communities creations! Perhaps Ill work on some of my own in the near future!

-sword
Swordfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 06:43 AM   #109
Robert82285
Swabbie

Downloads: 165

Hey guys, you know I have been wondering... Is there any way this mod can be made compatible with TheDarkWraith's TDC Mods Ui's ? Now I know it states in the readme file of this Mod that UI Mods are not compatible.

The only conflict this seems to have is the menu_1024_768.ini file.

If this was made compatible with that TDC Mod of DarkWraith's that would be Bad Ass ! Just so there would be a way to have the TDC dials in the periscope work with Voice Recognition.

If not able too then no worries thought I would ask
Robert82285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 06:48 AM   #110
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

In skwasjer's mod, there is only 1 line changed in menu_1024_768.ini. Just find that line, copy it into the TheDarkWraith's TDC Mods respective file and you will be good.
Old 03-26-10, 09:26 AM   #111
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

As KarlKoch indicated, it's the last defined page in my menu.ini file (the Page Voice Recognition). Copy that line and you are good to go...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 03:29 PM   #112
Pumbator
Watch

Downloads: 53

Well, I'm trying to get it working with DarkWraight's NewUIs mod, no success...

In menu_1024_768.ini DarkWraight's mod has 89 lines of 'Main groups and pages' already (because of his additional line on the beginning)

What I did... added the 90th line with 'Page Voice Recognition', changed 'Groups no' to 90.

What I get - 'Error PythonImportErrorException:
No module named PageVoiceRecognition in DATA/Scripts/Menu/Page background.py'

EDIT: took a screenshot of the error:

Thanks for any help
Pumbator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 11:53 PM   #113
Robert82285
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbator View Post
Well, I'm trying to get it working with DarkWraight's NewUIs mod, no success...

In menu_1024_768.ini DarkWraight's mod has 89 lines of 'Main groups and pages' already (because of his additional line on the beginning)

What I did... added the 90th line with 'Page Voice Recognition', changed 'Groups no' to 90.

What I get - 'Error PythonImportErrorException:
No module named PageVoiceRecognition in DATA/Scripts/Menu/Page background.py'

EDIT: took a screenshot of the error:

Thanks for any help

Hey Guys, Thanks for the feedback !

Ok, this is what I did and I got it to work without a flaw:

1. Using windows explorer I opened Voice Recognition and opened up Menu/Pages menu ini. file opened with notepad editor, copied the last line of code of the ini file

Then I pasted that line into DarkWraight's NewUIs mod menu/pages ini file (menu_1024_768.ini). Now because there was already line 89 had to change that to 90 and the groups no=90 as well. See picture down below

After changing the line to 90 like picture shown above. Then the last thing which is important is you need to copy the Page Voice Reconition ini file from Voice Reconingtion, as well and paste that into DarkWraight's NewUIs mod folder under Menu/Pages with the rest of the Ini Files. Other wise will not work. Thats why I'm thinking Pumbator you got that Python Error was because it could not find the function Page Voice Reconigtion ini. So Copy that file and place with the New Ui folder and will have no problem

hopefully this helps people out who might have had the same problem too.

Note: Make Sure !.... that you activate Voice Recongintion in JGSME, before DarkWraight's New UI Mod other wise will get a conflict with the TDC Dials showing underneath the persicope and will not function properly. here's a picture below to help you.

So the Conclusion is Everything works great. Thanks for your help and input, skwasjer and KarlKoch. What a Awesome Mod Voice Recognition is !

Oh, and sorry for the Long post... thought if I add pictures might help explain my content better cheers.

Last edited by Robert82285; 03-27-10 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-27-10, 01:38 AM   #114
Pumbator
Watch

Nope, that's not it. I had tried many things, I even tried putting this into one mod folder (of course changing the menu_1024_768.ini by DarkWraight)

It seems that adding the DarkWraights line in the beginning of the 'Main groups and pages' crashes the Voice Recognition script. The same thing happened, when I tried to use Voice Recognition menu_1024_768.ini and added Dark Wraights line on the end - this time - his mod was disabled. It's a pity I don't have time now to investigate what's the problem... Or maybe it's just my problem?
Old 03-27-10, 02:07 AM   #115
Robert82285
Swabbie

Hmmm, That must be frustrating i can imao. sorry m8. Funny too cause it worked for me. What it sounds like to me is something obvisously is conflicting with one of your mods thats causing this conflict.

I would try this if you haven't done so allready.

1. Disable all your Mods from JGSME.
2. Reinstall SH5 ( if your up to it )
3. Patch to 1.1.5 SH5 exe
4.re extract Voice Recongintion and Dark Wraith's UI Mod to thier own folders.
5.Open Voice Reconigiton and Dark Ui Mod folder.
6.Goto menu ini file in Voice Recon. and copy/paste last line of code into Dark Wraith's menu ini file and save. Also update Groups to 90.. ect..
7.Copy Page Voice Reconigtion.ini and paste into Dark Wraith's data/menu/pages/ (where all the other ini files are located. )
8.Cut or Copy Voice Recongition and Dark's Ui Mod.. into your MODS folder
C:/ubisoft/silenthunter5/MODS
9. Run JSGME
10.Activate Churches Keyboard layout 1.1. Then Activate Voice Recon 1.3..
Then Activate Dark's Mod
11. Close Windows.
12.Reboot.
13. Run SH5 and test..

Thats the only thing i can think off, it worked for me.
Old 03-27-10, 10:08 AM   #116
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Using VR with TheDarkWraith's UI mod

TheDarkWraith has renumbered the [Main groups and pages] lines in menu_1024_768.ini, located in data\menu\pages, and added his own line at the beginning of the list.

As I've found since starting to use winmerge, it's a great program that works easily, but not in all cases. In some, you have to double check what is being changed, so as not to miss anything, or to not add too much.

How I made it work was like this:

I copied TheDarkWraith's line:

1=D0;TheDarkWraithUserOptions

from his menu_1024_768.ini, then pasted it into skwasjer's menu_1024_768.ini above the 1=4A;Page BlackBandsUpDown line. I guess you can put it at the end too, but I haven't tried. (Perhaps he should have done this, rather than renumbering, but TheDarkWraith must have had a plan, so I won't question it - or did I just question it? hehehe )

I also changed GroupsNo=89 to GroupsNo=90.

Then I saved menu_1024_768.ini, which now includes TheDarkWraith's line at the top (or bottom), skwasjer's line at the bottom, and (I think) the original numbering, into TheDarkWraith's UI mod.

I deleted menu_1024_768.ini from the Voice Recognition data\menu\pages folder to remove any conflicts when loading JSGME, although if you leave it in and load VR last, the conflict will be there, but won't harm anything. Of course, you can do this all vice versa if you want, saving everything in the Voice Recognition mod and deleting from TheDarkWraith's mod - it's your choice.

That should do it. Let us know if that works for you.
Old 03-27-10, 10:26 AM   #117
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Solved "cannot connect to speech server" - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Ok, I resolved my problem in which SHSpeechEngineTest couldn't connect to the SHSpeech server, so I thought I'd post it in case it helps someone else.

For my setup (in Windows 7 Ultimate), I use the mic on my logitech 9000 webcam (which works great) and my speakers. The webcam mic didn't have a port listed (such as usb, front mic, etc.), so after seeing your post to Gusteno8, I tried to set the headphones mic as default, to no avail. I tried to disable the headphones mic, to no avail. I then "overruled it from the speechrecognition settings" as you suggested in that post, and made my headphones mic my preferred device. That got the SHSpeechEngineTest to connect to the Speech Engine Server and allowed me to issue commands. I then reset my logitech 9000 webcam to be my preferred device, reloaded SHSpeechEngineTest, and it still worked. To make sure it wouldn't revert back to not connecting to the server, I restarted my pc and tried again. All was good. I tested it in game, and it works fine.
I've encountered yet another thing that could cause the "cannot connect to speech server" problem. The SHSpeechEngine appears to need a connection to MIT in order to run. I always have PeerBlock running, but the other day, I didn't realize that I had set it to block HTTP. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get voice in game all of a sudden. I was checking all kinds of settings to no avail. It was frustrating, because I knew I hadn't changed anything . Finally, I started testing SHSpeechEngineTest outside of the game, and each time I ran it, I saw PeerBlock's icon flash. I checked the log and saw that MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) needed access, so I set it to "allow" permanently, and then VRFS (Voice Recognition for SH5) worked.

I hope that helps someone, somewhere, sometime.
Old 03-27-10, 10:27 AM   #118
Pumbator
Watch

How astonished I was when it actually worked

the menu_1024_764.ini looks in my case like that:

'[Main groups and pages]

GroupsNo=90
1=D0;TheDarkWraithUserOptions
1=4A;Page BlackBandsUpDown
89=6F;Page Voice Recognition'

7Infanterie19
, you just saved my day. I would probably spend an hour or two more trying different options Thanks for help, guys.
Old 03-27-10, 10:36 AM   #119
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp View Post
Someone has PM'd me however, who may have working CSVs for sh5 and I told him I would post them to the web page. So you guys might want to bookmark that and keep watching, it's in my sig, if you're having trouble with this mod.
Hey, that was me! hehehe. I sent you a pm and will email those files to you. Hopefully, they can help anyone who can't use VRFS for whatever reason.

I said it in my pm, but I'll say it here too: Thansk for SHSpeech! It helped make my experience a whole lot better! Your work was much appreciated!

Now it's time for VRFS: The next generation!
Old 03-27-10, 10:43 AM   #120
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbator View Post
How astonished I was when it actually worked

7Infanterie19 , you just saved my day. I would probably spend an hour or two more trying different options Thanks for help, guys.
Wow! That was fast! Man, it feels good to save someone else's day. I can't count how many times the help posts of others have helped me in the past, and I'm sure in the future too. Thanks for letting me (us) know!

Gdansk (Danzig) and 7Infanterie19 - hmmmm, there's a connection with that for me.