SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-10, 08:50 PM   #226
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Moderated: Not here, no cracks in Subsim.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-17-11 at 01:11 PM.
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 04:27 PM   #227
kraszus
Mate

Downloads: 355

Download links appear to be dead
kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 10:04 AM   #228
Ernesto78
Watch

Downloads: 12
Default German Version?

Is there any Chance, that a German version is Released in this year?

Hope so...
Ernesto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:55 PM   #229
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraszus View Post
Download links appear to be dead
Just checked, working fine here.
Old 01-18-11, 08:10 AM   #230
kraszus
Mate

Yep...site seems to be back up now. Lovely mod
Old 01-19-11, 04:19 PM   #231
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default i need a little help

I instaled your mod but seams is in conflict with new ui 6.3.5 by TDW. What i must to do? To instal this mod before new ui 6.3.5 by TDW mod or the 2 mods are not compatible at all? The file that apear to be in ,,conflict,, is : menu_1024_768.ini
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 06:33 PM   #232
kraszus
Mate

Use notepad++ to 'compare' both ini files side by side and edit the ini file from the Speech mod to insert the missing lines that are present in the TDW ini. Don't copy one over the other...just insert the missing lines into the ini from the speech mod and renumber all the lines. Once this is done, then install the speech mod.

This is what I did and both mods now work perfectly together.
Old 01-19-11, 07:56 PM   #233
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Yep - I did that and is working now. Thank,s for advice.
Old 01-20-11, 01:09 PM   #234
kraszus
Mate

Glad it worked for you
Old 02-17-11, 10:43 AM   #235
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi - i used this mod before without problems but 2 day ago i lost all my data from my computer so i redown the mod again.

i installed this mod again but i have problems in game related to my voice recognition - i must to repeat for example manny times ,,all stop'' untill the computers reconize my voice and stop the Uboat (before worked just fine).

i am sure that, long time ago, when i installed the mod for the first time i did something to fix this problem but i do not remember what

so what i must to do to have this program working like before -

btw i have win7 ultimate (english us)

thanks
Old 02-17-11, 11:31 AM   #236
MiTon
Sparky

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 2

Hello to together!

I've been here at Subsim Radio for quite a while, in a passive way (just reading and download those great mods), so here's my first post!
Hope I can help.

@stoianm

Did you already read side 4 off this thread? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=164926&page=4
In short:
- Checked your microphone inputlevel?
- what confidence level have you set in your data\Scripts\Menu\Page Speech Recognition.py file.?
Search for
Code:
speech.Confidence =
(maybe you should turn it down, 0,60 works good for me)
You can test this with the included SpeechEngineTest (does not effect setting in the Speech Recogniton.py file)

Greets

P.S: Big Thanks to this great Community here, helped me a thousand times, and a special one to the modders.
After SH3, I wouldn't have bought SH4 and SH5, if I hadn't known that you would be here an making a real great sim out of the SH-series.
MiTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:37 AM   #237
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTon View Post
Hello to together!

I've been here at Subsim Radio for quite a while, in a passive way (just reading and download those great mods), so here's my first post!
Hope I can help.

@stoianm

Did you already read side 4 off this thread? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=164926&page=4
In short:
- Checked your microphone inputlevel?
- what confidence level have you set in your data\Scripts\Menu\Page Speech Recognition.py file.?
Search for
Code:
speech.Confidence =
(maybe you should turn it down, 0,60 works good for me)
You can test this with the included SpeechEngineTest (does not effect setting in the Speech Recogniton.py file)

Greets

P.S: Big Thanks to this great Community here, helped me a thousand times, and a special one to the modders.
After SH3, I wouldn't have bought SH4 and SH5, if I hadn't known that you would be here an making a real great sim out of the SH-series.
hi mate,

i think that this is the problem - the confidence from Speech Recogniton.py maybe is setted to high

i will try this , manny thanks

P.S. welcome aboard
Old 02-17-11, 03:33 PM   #238
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTon View Post
- what confidence level have you set in your data\Scripts\Menu\Page Speech Recognition.py file
Hey MiTon, just a correction there. So as not to confuse anyone, it should be data\Scripts\Menu\Speech Recognition.py, without Page, although it shouldn't be hard to figure out, seeing that there are only 2 files there, but just in case. Congrats on your first post!

@stoianm - I concur that setting confidence usually does the trick.

Now, to my problem:

With SH5 v1.0, Speech Recognition worked like a charm.

Since the SH5 updates, I find that the AI will begin to issue commands on its own, as well as repeating the commands that I issue, which sometimes causes loops.

For example, I issue "All Stop!", then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it. Speech Recognition hears this as a new command from me, and then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it again, thus creating a loop: "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" until I pause the game to cut it off. At the same time, AI may also issue commands for Deck Guns, etc.

As for ghost commands being issued, you can imagine the frustration when you are sitting patiently and quietly, ready to launch torpedos on a target that's just lining up, when suddenly, you hear "Surface the boat!" or "Los!" or the game goes into 32x speed. I suspect that these relate to background noise or from crew providing me with feedback on targets, etc.

I use the local offline version of grammar.dtd, but I don't think it's that, because I restored an old version of the online version of SHSpeech_Grammar, and the problem still exists.

When I first tried to troubleshoot this a few months ago, I believe I used the vanilla mod files to ensure that my edits weren't causing any problems, but to no avail.

I have confidence set to 10 which still doesn't help. One thing that helps a bit, although not 100%, is to decrease my speaker volume to a very low level, so that quieter crew command confirmations limit what Speech Recognition hears, but that isn't fun. I also tried using headphones, but for some reason it still happens from time to time (and too often).

Has anyone else also experienced this problem, or does anyone know a way to correct it?

skwasjer - any ideas?

Cheers!
Old 02-17-11, 03:44 PM   #239
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hey MiTon, just a correction there. So as not to confuse anyone, it should be data\Scripts\Menu\Speech Recognition.py, without Page, although it shouldn't be hard to figure out, seeing that there are only 2 files there, but just in case. Congrats on your first post!

@stoianm - I concur that setting confidence usually does the trick.

Now, to my problem:

With SH5 v1.0, Speech Recognition worked like a charm.

Since the SH5 updates, I find that the AI will begin to issue commands on its own, as well as repeating the commands that I issue, which sometimes causes loops.

For example, I issue "All Stop!", then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it. Speech Recognition hears this as a new command from me, and then the AI repeats the command back to me and issues it again, thus creating a loop: "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" "All Stop!" until I pause the game to cut it off. At the same time, AI may also issue commands for Deck Guns, etc.

As for ghost commands being issued, you can imagine the frustration when you are sitting patiently and quietly, ready to launch torpedos on a target that's just lining up, when suddenly, you hear "Surface the boat!" or "Los!" or the game goes into 32x speed. I suspect that these relate to background noise or from crew providing me with feedback on targets, etc.

I use the local offline version of grammar.dtd, but I don't think it's that, because I restored an old version of the online version of SHSpeech_Grammar, and the problem still exists.

When I first tried to troubleshoot this a few months ago, I believe I used the vanilla mod files to ensure that my edits weren't causing any problems, but to no avail.

I have confidence set to 10 which still doesn't help. One thing that helps a bit, although not 100%, is to decrease my speaker volume to a very low level, so that quieter crew command confirmations limit what Speech Recognition hears, but that isn't fun. I also tried using headphones, but for some reason it still happens from time to time (and too often).

Has anyone else also experienced this problem, or does anyone know a way to correct it?

skwasjer - any ideas?

Cheers!
i had the sames problems but i chosed the most simplest solution - i play the game using my headphonephone

btw if somebody want to use this mod with TDW UIs or wth MO just delete before the file menu_1024_768.ini from mod and enable after
Old 02-17-11, 04:34 PM   #240
MiTon
Sparky

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 2

Oh thanks for the correction! Was lazy used copy and paste.

Perhaps you should set your confidence level to 1.00, 10 may create a "buffer overflow" setting your confidence level to 0.10 or 0.00!

I had the same issues with the speech recognition for SH4 a view times.
Think it was a problem with the soundcard drivers!
I would check that if you're having the problems with the headset too!
If they don't handle the channels properly...

A workaround for this might be, changing the orders to phrases that are more unique and don't mess with the readback of your crew.
Like "both engines stop" when your crews readback is "All stop"!

I'll keep an ear on it!

Last edited by MiTon; 02-18-11 at 09:56 AM.
MiTon is offline   Reply With Quote