SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-10, 12:47 PM   #121
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Forgot to respond to this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
What specifically do you want, the TAI map opened?
Yes. Opened/Closed.

I use gutted's less annoying TAI mod (it would be nice if it can be incorporated into TheDarkWraith's UI mod too). It works as opening it half way or closing it from that position by using Tab, or by opening it (almost) full, then closing it completey from that position by using Shift-Tab. The stock version cycles through them and yes, it gets (got) annoying. gutted edited the Page Default Hud.py file in data\scripts\menu and points to Tab or Shift-tab, but there isn't a command in command.cfg that I see that VRFS can use (at least not for the Shift-tab part. Any ideas?
Old 03-27-10, 05:40 PM   #122
Robert82285
Swabbie

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Glad to here everything is working for you Pumbator
Robert82285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 07:48 AM   #123
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106
Default Thank You!

Wow! This mod is amazing, thank you very much! Basic commands worked perfectly here. I just would like to see the command list, what I'm actually able to say.
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 08:19 AM   #124
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XDmG View Post
Wow! This mod is amazing, thank you very much! Basic commands worked perfectly here. I just would like to see the command list, what I'm actually able to say.
Check SHSpeech_Commands.xml in your SH5-Directory.
Old 03-28-10, 02:52 PM   #125
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Check SHSpeech_Commands.xml in your SH5-Directory.
Thanks for the info, looks great. Nice that there is different ways to give a same command, makes it more natural. Tried some combat with this mod and boy it's great, you can stick with the periscope and shout out what you want to happen, feels so real.
Old 03-28-10, 03:07 PM   #126
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

More commands coming soon, hopefully tonight
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 03:12 PM   #127
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
More commands coming soon, hopefully tonight
I'm gonna go ahead and say it: This is the single most important Mod so far in the Silent Hunter series.

Thank you so much Skwasjer

P.S. I notice there's a 'Deck's Awash' Command listed in your Mod, does it work?

Last edited by The General; 03-28-10 at 04:20 PM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 04:49 PM   #128
skwasjer
The Old Man

It works, I've set it to dive to 8 mtrs. However, you cannot stay on the tower (hatch closes). You'll need a mod that alters the min depth so the game registers you are diving a little later.

Old 03-28-10, 05:53 PM   #129
skwasjer
The Old Man

Updated first post with v1.4.

Here's a complete list of current implemented commands:

http://sh4.skwas.net/redist/shspeech_commands.xml

Note: this is the same file that comes with the mod, I've added a stylesheet so that if you open it in a browser, it shows the file formatted as a webpage.

Also read the first post again!!! Several important changes have been made! Any customizations done on 1.3 have to be redone.

Enjoy! (and yes, German will come soon after this)

NOTE: Make sure to exit the game at all times before disabling the mod, otherwise, the game will keep a file lock on the DLL and thus it can't be removed...
Old 03-28-10, 06:08 PM   #130
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Default Fantastic

You're fast! Absolutelly fantastic list of commands! Very, very exited now. Now I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow after work. Thank you skwasjer for this mod! Like The General already said, this is the best single mod ever.

And looking forward for the German version, also for the working torp. speed setting or is it a bug in the game itself?
Old 03-28-10, 06:13 PM   #131
skwasjer
The Old Man

I am not sure yet, it seems some commands are bugged indeed as I found out during testing. But who knows, I may find a way to get the commands to work, and if all else fails, I may have to include mouse emulation after all

There's just a handfull of remaining commands to implement. Hopefully for 1.5/6, but we shall see
Old 03-29-10, 02:55 AM   #132
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Default old shspeech updated for sh5

Ok guys this seemed like the best place to post this.

If anyone is having trouble with this voice command system, and used the old shSpeech created by me, or the sh3 variant, and you want to try it with SH5, check out this webpage as it has updated files for SH5.

http://knepfler.com/shSpeech

These were created by 7Infanterie19 not me, so please no emails! Unfortunately I have no time to support this or do really anything further on it, but 2.54 is quite stable. I haven't tested these new CSVs, so, good luck everyone!

Old 03-29-10, 03:12 AM   #133
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
Very nice idea!
I just hope that there is also a response to a shell command like
(Yes Sir or Jawohl ),
the best would be a repetition of what is said only with a different voice.

Beispiel ( Exempel ) (KL) ..Anblasen ….. ( Repitation ) .. …Anblasen Jawohl !!
__________________________________________________ __(Always at the end of the sentence (standard)... Jawohl )
Old 03-29-10, 04:31 PM   #134
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Default Testing

Now I've been testing 1.4 version about six hours in different circumstances, loving it more and more.

You said something about mouse emulation? I use mostly my headtracker for viewing around and tablet pen for plotting yms. (with freetrack combined to this mod and tablet I actually need keyboard and mouse very, very little to play this game, its kinda cool...) only problem is that I still have to use mousewheel to zoom the map. Also in certain circumstances it would be easier to push a button in the keyboard than press with my pen (or click mouse).
Examples: Often I need to click right mouse button to activate freelook so my headtracker works. And it's pain in the ass to zoom map with the mouse, when you do everything else with the pen.

This is actually little of topic, but how I would be able to zoom the map with my keyboard and get mouse rightclick also remapped to some keyboard key? I tried to find "mouse to keys" software to do this, but wasn't lucky.
Actually why not even with speech, like "let me see closer" etc. to zoom the map... If you can make it work, that would be awesome.

And some annoying sort of things I found:

There is no command to tell sonar officer to shut the f%&ck up when you have requested nearest sound contact following and after a while don't need it anymore.
And with voice command, he leaves one critical information unsaid: the rough estimation of distance "medium range, short range etc..." If you call the same command by keyboard, he says it.
Don't know if it's the game or mod, but with certain commands you're not sure if they got it or not, for example lower attack periscope, set torpedo depth, battlestations. It would be nice that also these commands give atleast some textfeedback.
And actually there seems to be 2 different "battlestations" commands. When you call it with speech, a "guy" icon appears on the screen. When you call it via First officer, it is he's "special ability" and "bell" icon appears. Also this way more sound effects and stuff happens. And they both can be on at the same time. Confusing. But thats games fault, not your mods.
And would nice addition to be able to say, "show me the map" when I wan't to see nav map. (Little thing, I know...)
But these are just minor issues (not issues at all compared to games own bugs) I just can't say how happy I am when I stand on the conning tower, watch a convoy few kilometers ahead, follow it with my eyes for a while moving just my own head (not mouse), order to submerge and set course with just my voice (not keys), and draw estimations to my map with pen (and not mouse).
Old 03-29-10, 04:57 PM   #135
skwasjer
The Old Man

Thanks for the feedback. It is true that not all commands behave as you expect, and that indeed is mostly the fault of the fact that the game has new methods of calling commands, but still supports the 'legacy' commands. However, this support is so-so, it doesn't always do what the new method does. This can all be changed at a later stage though, or perhaps in a patch some of the commands get fixed. As such I will not really focus on that right now. But it can be improved for sure. Sound feedback is also possible, but I need to find the appropriate sounds for each order, quite a bit of work. Adding a custom note to the small log doesn't seem to be possible via script, I've already looked at this 2 times now.

Some other stuff like zooming map is not supported natively, but can also be implemented via script. Perhaps later when I have time

Commands that in the end appear not to be possible or reliable via the 'legacy' command mode I am using, can be replaced at a later stage when some UI mod(s) settle down and no big changes are to be expected. Then I can simply build atop that mod, and call functions in that UI.

To reset sonar, this doesn't work?

hydrophone normal sweep
sonar normal sweep
report all contacts
hydrophone report all contacts
sonar report all contacts