SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-09, 08:23 PM   #1
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Default ACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d

Download links

Main mod, version 1.1 (3 September 2009): http://www.filefront.com/14452675/AC...%27%20MkII.zip

ACM Lite Map: http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/[/B]

Compatibility file for Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wi...eCam%201.2.zip

Compatibility file for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod: http://www.filefront.com/15728489/FM...M_Reloaded.zip

Tutorials:
A comprehensive tutorial that works for all ACM type GUIs (including Manos GUI). Just ignore the pics themselves and focus on the dials that were used.
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/
Quick Tutorial on how to use AOBF in ACM: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=191

To install, respect the following mod orders (the files that you can download from the above links are listed yellow):

Basic Setup:
- GWX3.0
- etc
- OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 2 OR Option 4 preffered
- OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
- etc (including other OLC optionals)
- ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
- ACM Lite Map (optional but recommended)

- TMT mod (any variant, any position, highly recommended)

With Stormfly's Free camera mod (best camera mod ever!)
- GWX3.0
- etc

- Extended FreeCam 1.2 for ACM
- Wide FOV for Extended FreeCam 1.2

With Flakmonkey's New Interior 1.0 mod:
- GWX3.0
- etc

- FM_NewInterior_V1.0
- FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded

(FM_NI fix for OLC not required)

Change log:
V1.1:
- Torpedo Tubes buttons and Water Level Dial cleaned up
- Small increase of clip distance on Binocular View
- Updated mini recognition manual with TMT v2 values
- Updated some zoom levels to correspond with the ones in the Wide Fov file. However, I still recommend using Stormfly's mod (just remember to put the Wide FOV fix after it, in case you do).

History
ACM (Another Combi Mod) was made by Mikhayl. It's last version was 1.1 and was completed on 29 November 2008 (I think). His original thread is here LINK. It is a combination of an older OLC Env+Gui, with a TDC on the attack periscope screen, and other features. If this is the first time you've heard about ACM, it's advisable to read that entire thread.

While using this interface, over the months I have added my own modifications to it, for personal use, by including new textures and more precise optics and AOB finder. After a while I posted them on the ACM thread as "ACM Reloaded", a small size upgrade for ACM 1.1. However, after the ACM download link broke and OLC published a new version of his interface and environment, I decided to trim down unnecesary files and make an ugrade version for OLC Mk2d. The current version is only 49 MB and contains all the features made by Mikhayl, and my own modifications. This merge was only made and tested with the LRT versions of OLC's GUI (Option 2 and Option 4).

Screenshots and features

Since this is a simplification and rewiring of an upgrade of a combination of an interface mod (), a feature list might be impractical. I can only list what I have done. You can find the complete of my features and screenshots on this LINK. It is the 190'th post on the ACM main thread. Please read that post carefully, as it also explains how to customise the color of the periscope lenses plus other things. Post nr. 191 explains how to use the AOB finder wheel in detail. On the same thread you can find how to add a draggable chronometer and even why I decided to start a new thread altogether for this download .

Comments:

1. What's ACM Lite Map: well I got a bit overboard when changing the map settings and made this a bit too hard. ACM Lite map not only reenables Harbors on the map but also brings back overlays of the sub, colored map contacts and speed trails (on lower diff levels ofc). I personally use it so...

2. What about OLC GUI Options 1 and 3 without Longer Repair Times? You can use those, but you might get minor unexpected results. My pack contains the files "Commands_de.cgf, Commands_en.cfg, de_menu.txt and en_menu.txt", based on the ones in the LRT versions. You're free to Winmerge them with the non-LRT versions.

3. A known issue: because of the way the OLC 50% grey items work in ACM, you will see graphical issues in the Mission Orders, the Captain's log and the Radio Messages screens. Believe me, there is nothing I can do about them except remake about 100 textures.

4. Make sure to get Stormfly's latest Extended Free Camera mod found HERE. His mod is based on the original ACM so it's well compatible with ACM Reloaded (except for the UZO zoom which is 6.637 in my mod). However I liked to have a wider FOV in the interior screens so I've made an optional for his mod. It also smooths the Conning Periscope Camera, and the deck crew are now visible through the binoculars, so you need to move around to see the ships. You can find the file here: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wi...eCam%201.2.zip. Remember to put it after Stormfly's mod (which must also be put above ACM Reloaded).

5. Compatibility with other mods: altough this mod is made up almost only of image files, those few text files (*.ini, *.dat and*.cfg files) are deadly important. Always make that sure that you don't overwrite them.

6. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.

Now for thanks.
First of all a big thanks to OLC, Hitman and Joegrundman which revolutionised the way we think about the SH interface. Altough I have opted to use the ACM gui instead, I never forget that at it's core, ACM contains 90% of OLC's gui .
Then a big thanks to Nicolas which proved how usefull it is to have the TDC on the Attack Periscope screen (with autoupdate on ). Just in case you've missed it, here's why:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431. By the way, can any moderator change it's name to coincide with the title of the first post? Please?
Thanks Makman for all your work with TMT and your support in my efforts .
And last but not least (actually I should've placed you first), thanks Mikhayl for bringing it in one imba package

Last edited by karamazovnew; 03-03-10 at 04:50 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:23 AM   #2
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Looks very interesting.

Will try it out. But one question occurs: Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?

And: The TDC screen look superb. But doesn't it make programmimg these FAT-Torpedoes much harder (never tried it out).

Great work!
Old 08-25-09, 04:25 AM   #3
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

its always better for someone to have more choices!!
very nice Karamazovnew!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 09:27 AM   #4
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Looks very interesting.

Will try it out. But one question occurs: Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?

And: The TDC screen look superb. But doesn't it make programmimg these FAT-Torpedoes much harder (never tried it out).

Great work!
I repeat
Quote:
5. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.
As for the TDC, I've only replaced the background texture. It's all Mikhayl's. I've never used FATs, you might be right, it's harder to visualise how they move.
Old 08-25-09, 02:36 PM   #5
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?
It's not the end of the world if someone adds multiple zooms, it just means you lose the wave rendering fix and the horizon will be not quite so well behaved (although I think only the very observant would notice the latter and even then they would not necessarily care).

Nice work k
Old 08-25-09, 02:49 PM   #6
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Hey there OLC, always a pleasure to talk to THE interface guru.
I did try to use fixed zoom levels for the UZO and the Binoculars (I mean zoom level 1x, and adjusted Angular Distance). They worked of course, and the waves really made a difference, just as in your release. However, the mouse rotation speed made them almost unusable. So I had to abandon them. If there is a way to reduce mouse sensitivity I wouldn't mind trying again. Fixed zoom level on the periscopes was not an issue for me, the AOB wheel is designed for 6X zoom anyway, but that would also bring the game's lens lines into the view. And I can't have that, I guess you understand why.

Oh, some important questions, in SH3, is it possible to attach a command to a clickable item? Let's say I'd like to make a "Periscope Depth" button on the Periscope screen. The commands_cfg file only links to items in the Layout Page. SH4 seems to ignore even that.

Also, I can't add dials to other pages, like the Nav Map and the Hydrophone view. I really wanted to include a static chrono in those views. I've done all the proper steps, but they don't move. Does the dials.cfg file ignore items in those pages through coding?
Old 08-25-09, 03:14 PM   #7
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

heh, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Oh, some important questions, in SH3, is it possible to attach a command to a clickable item? Let's say I'd like to make a "Periscope Depth" button on the Periscope screen. The commands_cfg file only links to items in the Layout Page.
You answered your own question; AFAIK you can only add commands to the Layout page via commands_cfg. It won't work on other pages. For your own personal use you might want to look at AutoHotkey - it can be a surprisingly powerful tool in any game.

Quote:
Also, I can't add dials to other pages, like the Nav Map and the Hydrophone view. I really wanted to include a static chrono in those views. I've done all the proper steps, but they don't move. Does the dials.cfg file ignore items in those pages through coding?
Again you're correct; certain pages cannot have dials on them. I've found no way of "enabling" dial functionality on those pages. Maybe it's hardcoded.
Old 08-25-09, 04:30 PM   #8
h.sie
Admiral

Really a great combination - OLC Env & ACM GUI.

2 very little things I discovered:

a) When changing to the sonar-room, the view of the player is into the direction of the captains bed instead of the sonar man.

b) The lamps of selected torpedoes are dark and the lamps of unselected ones are bright. Is this a bug or a feature?

H.Sie
Old 08-25-09, 11:15 AM   #9
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229
Default some proposed changes!

Hello Karamazov!
Under your directives by adding these files on topACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d you have the following:

1st. The wonderful slide out compass "Hitman New Compass Graphics v1.0".
So you will set your coarse precisely true or relative!

2nd. You have the four dials for Fuel/Battery/CompAir/CO2 as slide out at the down left corner of the screen instead of in the middle, by moving the cursor at the relevant area not over the activities area.

Have a look please!
http://www.filefront.com/14391653/AD...%20OLCGMKII.7z
Old 08-25-09, 02:23 PM   #10
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207

Thanks for the mod.

Quote:

3. I'm sorry, but my cameras.dat file is not compatible with Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod. Differences are minor, maybe Stormfly can work it out somehow.
I've just installed your mod with Extended Free Camera and did no see any problems. Where exactly are differences ?
PL_Cmd_Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:30 PM   #11
karamazovnew
The Old Man

EDIT: No longer an issue, I'm using Stormfly's mod myself. Ignore the rest of this post.

If you remember, the ACM reloaded mod did not include the cameras.dat file, as there was no need. When I made this version for OLC mk2, I had to include that file too. However, the cameras.dat file on my computer is no longer the same as the original ACM file. It has different pivots, and FOV's and also a different UZO zoom level. The fact that Stormfly's mod was made for ACM means that it will also work with this mod, but they are not completley compatible.

Before releasing this mod, I also wanted to include Stormfly's free camera mod. After some investigation I've decided that the vertical movement of the camera in his mod was much too distracting. Since then I've worked to finding a solution and have already contacted Stormfly about it. You can read my info on his thread. Eventually I will include an option free cam for this mod. Untill then however, use the Extended Free Camera mod at your own discretion.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 08-30-09 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-26-09, 08:57 AM   #12
Faslane
Swabbie

Downloads: 233

Thanks for your work in producing this mod.
I have a question regarding the speed/time/distance nomograph on the map screen. I find it distracting when plotting. Is there any way to remove it?
Faslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 01:05 PM   #13
karamazovnew
The Old Man

@h.sie: Can ou tell me at which bearing? The only thing I can see is the antena at the back of the sub. No need for moving the pivot. Open the cameras.dat file and raise the ClipDistance from 1.2 to something like 1.5 or even 2 (It's in the CameraParams controller). By the way, if you give it a small value like 0.01, you can see the entire crew, but it's distracting (and you can't move anyway). Would've been nice if they were blurred.

Oh and one more thing about the deck camera... Since the binoculars view is stable on the Z axis, you always get a bit of Z rotation on the deck camera when you switch back. I've yet to see a mod that can fix that. I've tried almost every thing I could with the CameraPositioner Node . If only the deck camera were stable too. Any idea how to do that?

@Faslane: yes, edit the Data\Menu\Gui\StrTactMap.tga. The clone stamp tool should make quick work of it. But the nomograph is an important tool and I have removed the draggable version. However you have both the back of the Attack disk and the AOBF tool that serve the same porpoise. There was a vertical nomograph version in one mod on subsim. Can't remember which, but I remember it being hard to read because of the reduced size.

Oh and I have an imortant request to anyone who'd like to help me with something. I removed the "depth thinghie" because it's colors were not correct so it was useless. My game crashes when I try to take screenshots and the only program that I can take them with makes them too dark. I need screenshots of how the map looks at maximum zoom when the sub is in the following places.
- water less than 17 m deep
- water between 17 and 60m deep (best 40)
- water between 60 and 90m deep (best best 75)
- water between 90 and 150m deep (best 120)
- water between 150 and 230m deep (best 190)
- water deeper than 230
Before doing that the willing helper should disable the dark overlay on the map int he menu_1024_768.ini file here:
[G31 I2]
Name=OLC 50% Grey
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x31DF1314
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768 <--- comment out this line and restore after finishing it
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/dark/dark.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Thanks in advance
Old 08-26-09, 04:07 PM   #14
h.sie
Admiral

Here you can see what I mean:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0yogwm1dir

Last edited by h.sie; 08-27-09 at 02:19 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:51 PM   #15
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439

Nice work, Karamazovnew. Thanks for everything.

---LG
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote