SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-22, 08:13 AM   #106
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

My team is out of this year playoff I hope your team is still in the game.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 10:22 AM   #107
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs game was probably the best game I have seen, playoffs or otherwise in the last five years or better. I do think that the NFL will have to revisit the rules for overtime. The Buffalo Bills had their season decided on a coin flip.

.... Quarterbacks Mahomes and Josh Allen really did put on a show.

Totally agree about the enjoyment of the game. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Far too often by this time in the season the games can get a little boring.

I am really happy to see Quarterbacks starting to run with the ball.

And that Bills going for it on fourth down was nice.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk and I am glad to see some of that sort of play.

I had Ass-umed that the OT quarter would just be a simple continuation after the fourth quarter when it came to who has possession of the ball.

I supposed that a coin flip is the fairest way, but then I would like to see a full fifth quarter played to give both teams a chance to score more, instead of whoever can get the first FG.

How about this for a wacky idea

OT is all about FG

Start at the 50 yard line. Each team tries for a FG, if neither makes it, move to the 45 and so forth.

Winner is decided when one team makes a FG and the other one does not.

Might get a little dicey when both teams end up at the 1 yard line.
Old 01-24-22, 10:39 AM   #108
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Totally agree about the enjoyment of the game. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Far too often by this time in the season the games can get a little boring.

I am really happy to see Quarterbacks starting to run with the ball.

And that Bills going for it on fourth down was nice.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk and I am glad to see some of that sort of play.

I had Ass-umed that the OT quarter would just be a simple continuation after the fourth quarter when it came to who has possession of the ball.

I supposed that a coin flip is the fairest way, but then I would like to see a full fifth quarter played to give both teams a chance to score more, instead of whoever can get the first FG.

How about this for a wacky idea

OT is all about FG

Start at the 50 yard line. Each team tries for a FG, if neither makes it, move to the 45 and so forth.

Winner is decided when one team makes a FG and the other one does not.

Might get a little dicey when both teams end up at the 1 yard line.

Laughs. I might go for that but I think the NFL teams might not want to play along. Certainly, I think such evenly matched teams as the Bills and Chiefs should have an equal opportunity to settle the game between themselves.

Wait, I know. How about whatever team has the best group touchdown dance in the end zone wins ?

Just a thought.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 01:47 PM   #109
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

OT decided by Pole Dancing competition between the team's cheerleaders????

Jus thinkin out of the box here.
Old 01-24-22, 01:54 PM   #110
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
OT decided by Pole Dancing competition between the team's cheerleaders????

Jus thinkin out of the box here.

I think I like this idea a lot more.
Old 01-24-22, 02:01 PM   #111
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:06 AM   #112
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I'm awaiting the results of today's LA RamsTampa Buccaneers(Tom Brady QB'd) playoff game to see if it'll be a all-California NFC title game! A S.F. vs L.A.slugfest for the SuperBowl berth!! but ever mindful that real gentlemen play Rugby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AktungBBY
All bets are off for this grudge match; but I'd lay down a small shekel that the Niners will get past LA for the SuperBowl berth.
So now were talkkin' dirty tricks:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers fans were bummed out with a policy briefly on Ticketmaster that prevented many from buying tickets for the NFC Championship against the Los Angeles Rams this Sunday.

The Rams and Ticketmaster had restricted ticket sales to purchasers with a credit card zip code in the "Greater Los Angeles Region." The fan ban prompted a huge outcry by Niner fans. By Monday morning, the policy was lifted. But for many, it was too little too late, because tickets had sold out.

Fans can still seek out third-party tickets but can expect to pay a markup. The Rams implemented the restriction two weeks ago after the Faithful turned SoFi Stadium into a sea of red during the regular-season finale. The 49ers appeared to outnumber the Rams fans. The 49ers defeated LA twice during the 2021 regular season – a 31-10 rout in Week 10 and a 27-24 victory in the regular-season finale in which San Francisco rallied back from a 17-point deficit to clinch a playoff spot.

Howard Wasserman, a law professor at Florida International University, said privately built stadiums give teams and the NFL more latitude.
"There’s no law in place that they would be running afoul of," said Wasserman.
That would be different if SoFi was publicly owned.
"Then it is subject to Constitution limitations like the 14th Amendment and the 1st Amendment," he said.
This is 'slugfest' dirty tricks at its lowest level: restricting ticket sales in a public venue to oppositin fandom from the same state is inexcusable...and won't change the outcome, my 'small shekel' says the Niners will go to the Super Bowel and the Rams should be embarrassed at such unsporting shennanigans. https://www.ktvu.com/news/la-rams-ti...mpionship-game

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:12 PM   #113
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This one was even more funny.

Old 01-31-22, 12:01 AM   #114
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

gear

Good Lord! The Niners managed to defeat themselves with two unnecessary penalties(taunting & late hit on a downed reciever-15 yards apiece) as their lagging running offence & poor passing game crumbled to the Ram's second-half overpowering defence; and the Kansas City Chiefs lost to the Cincinatti Bengals. So it's Rams vs Bengals for the big gong...?...in the stadium the Ram & Niners just battled in. A good little income $timulus$ 2 LA's coffers.Watching the rabid fans was more fun than watching the rather uninspiring game...shrieking and screaming to deafen the poor quarterbacks' calls; raucus low primate conduct. LA obeyed the big rule: If your going break a 6 game losing streak against your primary rival, do it in the NFL Championship game! But...Gentlemen play Rugby!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 11:19 AM   #115
Exocet25fr
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 254
Default Tom Brady confirms his retirement

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/1...ter-22-seasons
Old 02-01-22, 02:35 PM   #116
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet25fr View Post

Don't worry August, I heard Biden was going to appoint a Black Woman to replace Brady.Wait, I guess they're not the Tompa Bay Gronkineers anymore? Nevermind, move along.

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-pr...woman-of-color

Old 03-28-22, 04:46 PM   #117
August
Wayfaring Stranger

(NSFW)

Old 04-11-22, 07:21 AM   #118
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

I'm Deeply saddened to report that Steelers Quarterback Dwayne Haskins was killed early Saturday morning. Apparently, he was hit by a Dump truck. Haskins, who would have turned 25 on May 3, was trying to cross an interstate on foot in Broward County in Florida when he was struck, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Haskins was declared dead at the scene of the accident.

Quote: Haskins was a fixture at Steelers’ community outreach events, volunteering his time to help others in his new home. He jumped in right away, helping to hand out backpacks, school supplies and hygiene kits at a Pittsburgh public schools back-to-school event. Through the Salvation Army’s Project Bundle Up initiative a couple of months later, Haskins and eight teammates took a group of local kids shopping for winter gear at Dick’s Sporting Goods. In December, he delivered Christmas gifts, food, shoes, socks and health care items to Pittsburgh organizations and the Convoy of Hope for Huddle for the Holidays. Haskins has been described as always upbeat and cheerful with team mates and others.

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...e=featurephone

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...now/ar-AAW3LbY

No matter which team you are for, it's tremendously sad when a young life is taken before it's full potential can be realized.

Rest in peace, Dwayne.
Old 04-29-22, 07:02 AM   #119
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

With the 1st round of the 2022 NFL draft concluded and in the history books, what does everyone think of the draft picks their favorite teams made ?

I was a little surprised that a quarterback wasn't taken until the 20th pick in the 1st round with the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting Kenny Pickett of the University of Pittsburgh.

There were many quality Wide Receivers in this years draft and were picked early. The 2nd round starts tonight with subsequent pics in the remaining rounds made concluding tomorrow.

How do you think your favorite team is doing so far ?
Old 04-29-22, 11:35 AM   #120
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
With the 1st round of the 2022 NFL draft concluded and in the history books, what does everyone think of the draft picks their favorite teams made ?

I was a little surprised that a quarterback wasn't taken until the 20th pick in the 1st round with the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting Kenny Pickett of the University of Pittsburgh.

There were many quality Wide Receivers in this years draft and were picked early. The 2nd round starts tonight with subsequent pics in the remaining rounds made concluding tomorrow.

How do you think your favorite team is doing so far ?

Ha, I saw the lead up to the draft show and thought it was just a mock draft gimmick. I guess covid aint't a thing anymore by yhte crowd. I probably should look to see, who the vike drafted?