Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-13-10, 02:44 PM   #1
bruce205
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Steel Fury 1942 tutorial

Hello tread heads,

Having a problem with the first driving tutorial as I become stuck in the ravine. I have tried numerous options but I cannot move.
Thanks for any help.

Bruce

Old 05-13-10, 03:37 PM   #2
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Tread head or well trodden head!! Ah the ravine again!

Bruce 205
Yes this is a deep joy, the ravine lose the will to live test.
Many many 'Matilda' drivers enjoyed the doubtful honour of the ravine test and failed. You won't find many such ravines in game. It can be done with a bit of luck and final inching over the brink. I did it once after wearing out all the driving keys!! Don't worry too much about it and get some sleep at night.
Well known difficult thing that the developers put in for a bit of variety and to up the anti a bit I think. Press on mate its more important to get the dead loader replaced later you'll find!!

Best of Luck from man with trodden on head - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-10, 08:57 PM   #3
bruce205
Nub

Downloads: 8

Thanks Mort!

I am getting stuck in other places also! Do I need to complete tutorial before I move on? What should my settings be?
Again thanks alot

Bruce
bruce205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:46 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tutorial

Don´t know why they chose such a crappy tank for the tutorial rather thna a run-of-the-mill T34-76????

Anyway best to move on to the missions.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 10:41 AM   #5
zossy1
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default Just found this thread...

...and yes, these tutorials in SF are fubar. I got stuck in the ditch. I shot the gunnery targets to pieces but did not get the "mission complete" notification... They do nothing to explain all of the icons on the screen, and basic things like gunnery techniques, how to use each station, etc. The only tutorial I have been able to finish was the commander tutorial, and even that one I was mostly just a passenger while the rest of my squad railed on the enemy...

I have now read the manual cover-to-cover and have a little better understanding of the game... but even that was tough, what a dodgy translation!

Guess i'll just dive into some missions and learn by dying...
zossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 01:25 PM   #6
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

thankfully we don't need to complete the tutorial to continue on to the missions.
I can't remember what I did but I didn't get stuck in the ravine >_>

But Steel Fury is kind of a strange teacher when it comes to diving into the missions.
once, I was playing a T-34 and I completed the entire mission without a scratch. I go on to the next and suddenly I'm heavily wounded and I didn't even get to fire a shot.
lots of hair pulling on my end before I finally became a proficient tanker in the game
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 03:42 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF Mods

Bruce skip the training missions and just play the regular campaign missions, single ones and user-made ones .They start easy and become gradually more challenging.The bets through is to get all the free mods which yyou will find on the tanksim.org.ru website:Thye keep adding new tanks-armoured vehicles, guns and new misisons .You also have those like the steel sound collection, the compass, free cam mod , panzer VI e pack etc which greatly improve the atmosphere or game play.There are 5 Steel Panzer mods 1.0,1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 and we are eagerly awaiting the release of the Steel Panzer 1.5 which promises to add lots of new tanks.Right now you have tanks as diverse as the TIger I and II, Stug III C,D, F and G, the Panzer II and C, Panzer III with short and long gun, the Hetzer and SP 1.5 will bring the Marder, StuK42, Ferdinand,the Panther D,the Panzer IV G or H and on the Soviet side you have in addition to the game stock models the T34-85, the T34-76 model 1943, the T60, The Js 2 model 1943, the SU 85,the KV1 and Kv2, with the SU 76, 122 and 152 coming the JS 2 1944, the T70.Soon more than 70 tanks and armoured vehicles will be in the game.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote