SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-21, 11:28 PM   #1
RudisDolphins
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Test Run Mission Questions

Ahoy, fellow designers!

I have begun to create my first mission in quite a while and my first with the RA mod installed with ownship being the SSN Virginia and am doing a test run.

(1) Why am i not seeing nearby same side assets (sub tender and naval dock) when I start the mission? I have positioned them in locations that they should be visible - they are when viewed in the 3D Editor Window for them.
(2) Why am I being attacked when I start the mission? All assets are on the same side (0) and all sides have been set to peaceful even though the other's assets don't exist (as yet).

Will appreciate any suggestions.

RudisDolphins
RudisDolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 12:33 AM   #2
RudisDolphins
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Possible Answers???

Why am I not seeing same side assets? Naval dock was not set to auto detect - is now and it is game functional. Temporarily deleted sub tender.

Why am I being attacked at start of mission? After playing the "Contact Madness" scenario several times and receiving reports of distant explosions with wreck marks appearing on the map, it appears that Reinforce Alert is set to have something attacked at (or near) start apparently randomly regardless of peacetime stance. That said, I edited my ownship (nuclear submarine) to begin my scenario in progress with a depth of 100 feet and was NOT attacked - putting it at periscope depth with periscope lowered did not prevent attack.

Perhaps putting in several "targets" like sailboats, pleasure craft, car carriers, merchant ships, etc. will satisfy the apparent blood lust that is built in.

RudisDolphins
RudisDolphins is offline   Reply With Quote