SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-20, 04:31 PM   #436
trotski00
Watch

Downloads: 579
Uploads: 0
Default I say chaps could someone possibly help me

I have downloaded WDAD and have tried to install it using JSGME however, even though it installs the files , I cannot access ANY of the content at all, I am obviously doing something wrong.

I have SH4 gold installed ( UPlay ) so I have the correct 1.5 version of the sim, I have made a duplicate copy of the game with no mods or anything except JSGME installed into it, like this :-

WDAD_V100
WDAD_V100_Patch1
WDAD_V100_Patch k
WDAD AI Italian sub Adua V1.1
WDAD Missions 1940
WDAD - HMS Triton refit 1.1

I have deleted, re installed, drunk tea, eaten cucumber sandwiches, all to no avail.......I do not understand why this fails to work or show up ( I assume it gives you and option to jolly well sail for the Royal Navy !! ) I have looked at the posts and it appears either I am being exceedingly dense, or havent had enough Tea.....So if some kind soul could possibly point me at the solution I would be awfully chuffed chaps.
trotski00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 05:46 PM   #437
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotski00 View Post
I have downloaded WDAD and have tried to install it using JSGME however, even though it installs the files , I cannot access ANY of the content at all, I am obviously doing something wrong.

I have SH4 gold installed ( UPlay ) so I have the correct 1.5 version of the sim, I have made a duplicate copy of the game with no mods or anything except JSGME installed into it, like this :-

WDAD_V100
WDAD_V100_Patch1
WDAD_V100_Patch k
WDAD AI Italian sub Adua V1.1
WDAD Missions 1940
WDAD - HMS Triton refit 1.1

I have deleted, re installed, drunk tea, eaten cucumber sandwiches, all to no avail.......I do not understand why this fails to work or show up ( I assume it gives you and option to jolly well sail for the Royal Navy !! ) I have looked at the posts and it appears either I am being exceedingly dense, or havent had enough Tea.....So if some kind soul could possibly point me at the solution I would be awfully chuffed chaps.

You can't just make a copy of SH4. You need to use MultiSH4 to create a different save game directory (at the very least), but creating an entire clean copy of SH4 for WDAD is preferred since you'll need to backup Filemanager.dll and run MultiSH4 every time you want to do a different campaign if you only use MultiSH4 to create a new save game directory. You also need to run Large Address Aware on SH4.exe.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 05:57 PM   #438
trotski00
Watch

Large address aware ? what in heavens name is that ? ......Sorry if I seem obtuse but I have been away from Silent hunter for a good while, I dont remember SH3 having these issues, also how can I make a new separate install of SH4 seeing as how it is linked to Uplay, other than by doing the copy paste method, I know there is a fix for doing this with SH3 Steam installations, but I am not aware of any way to do this with SH4 which I am a total noob with. I did wonder if the Multi SH4 dance was needed , so I shall certainly give it a go....However ......
Old 04-22-20, 06:16 PM   #439
trotski00
Watch

Yup....that worked.......errrr.....Multi SH gives me the "unknown version " message as I thought it would, is this because its uplay bound ? I dunno, I'm a t a loss here, or is it because mutli SH only works with 1.4 and not 1.5.....or am I just being thick as mince !!
Old 04-22-20, 07:43 PM   #440
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The mod has issues. It was not completed by lurker_hlb3, who retired from modding. Another fellow took it up, and attempted to finish it, while a third fellow tried to add more content. It still is not really finished. s7rikeback has a "WDAD - cumulative fix" you could try on top of all of the WDAD mod files. It is not considered a "fix", since it has not had thorough testing. It definitely helps. However -

You have to have a "clean" install, either a known-good copy from a Stock install that has not been modded, or an archive containing the same, or a fresh install. You also MUST have an empty Save folder, whether you use MultiSH4 v1.5 - with it, like several other programs and file packages, the "v1.5" matches the game version. This is important. You should also try to use LAA set on the sh4.exe file prior to the use of MultiSH4, else the executable file (sh4.exe) will not be recognized by LAA as legitimate. So clean install, clean Save folder, and apply s7rikeback's mix, and you should be able to at least play a few locations and missions...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-22-20 at 09:12 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 08:44 PM   #441
trotski00
Watch

Well that is dissapointing, the Royal Navy Submarine Service is a much underated and represented set of scenarios.......I know they weren't as high profile as the UbootWaffe or the US Navy's Submarine arm, but along with the Japanese the RN is sorely begging for a little bit of recognition....oh well, think I'll pass on it , got so much to learn about SH4 as I am really behind on this sim, having spent most of my time on SH3. Thanks for the advice though, I may give it a go at some point.
Old 04-22-20, 09:27 PM   #442
propbeanie

My bad there trotski00... I did a bad link to the update file, which that link is now corrected in my previous post. I am not saying that WDAD is not good. It just has a bit of Med and a bit of Trincomalee & Freemantle, and will not take as long to play through as the base game. Plans, if I am not mistaken, were to have the Atlantic and North Atlantic added, which may happen some day, along with more varied mission assignments. Here's to hoping!

In my opinion, when Ubi was doing SH5 and trying to make it so proprietary, they could have done themselves a favor by making it more like SH4 in the moddability of the game, and even done similar to what Microprose and others did years ago with paid-for additional content for their game. Microsoft & Sony do it now for their boxes. But you would have a Germans / US SH5 that covers the world, and a Japanese and Brit set also, all sets with proper uniforms and choice of languages. Have some Dutch and Italian boats in there also. A Russian add-in pack even, and you get to play for both sides... but alas, they did not...

Old 04-23-20, 06:57 AM   #443
trotski00
Watch

This is true, I do sometimes wonder why development of follow on games or sims seem to actually make things worse in some cases, I cannot really comment on SH5 I have no need of it anyhow, as SH3/4 cover it all anyhow and with the plethora of mods available for those 2 sims I see no call for it on my hard drive, maybe if they had done SH5 as a cold war sim, that would have been more appealing , but that is just my opinion.

As for WDAD I will wait out on using it and watch out for further additions if any.

Thanks for the links by the way, I shall grab both of those as well, as I will most likely need to make copies of SH4 for different mega mods.......Mind you FOTRSU Complete is looking promising !! V
Old 06-04-20, 12:04 PM   #444
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Downloads: 316

Hi all,

I'm having quite the issue trying to get the mod pack to load on SH4. I've recently reinstalled the game from Steam and set up JSMEG and mods as normal, but it won't load in game. I'm a bit lost as this used to work perfectly fine before and I'm loading them in the correct order.

Any advice or guidence would be most appreciated as I'd like to start streaming it on Twitch.
Mr Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 01:35 PM   #445
propbeanie

Where do you have Steam installed, and is your Library folder inside the Steam install?

Old 06-04-20, 07:52 PM   #446
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Yes it's in Steamapps/Common/Silent Hunter 4

When I load up, I have the changed loading screen but when the loading bar reaches full I get loads of pop up messages saying that files can't be found. I'm very lost as to why as the mod files have all been loading in the right order.
Old 06-04-20, 09:29 PM   #447
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Mr Jay!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 12:45 AM   #448
propbeanie

Where is Steam installed?

If Steam is in Program Files, Silent Hunter is usually below that which means it is also in the Program Files folder and will not take mods there, due to Windows "security" issues... You need to move either the Steam install or the Steam Library folder, if you can.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129

Old 06-05-20, 05:47 AM   #449
Mr Jay
Swabbie

All the other mods work fine which is what I don't understand. When I load up WDAD there's a never ending list of missing files.

The root address is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS

Edit: Ok seems that no mods are working now. If the MODS folder is in the data folder I don't think anything is loading.

Last edited by Mr Jay; 06-05-20 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-16-20, 10:14 AM   #450
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Bump