SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-11, 10:11 AM   #46
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I am using Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start for the very first time and am using Version 4.1. I am using the Stock and RFB Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start type mod. Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\Stock and RFB Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start\Data\Campaigns\Campaign folder\campaign.cfg file and am wondering if it is a mistake.

[Section 8]
;FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/41a_Jap_Convoys.mis

should it be
FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/41a_Jap_Convoys.mis without the ";" at the beginning?

The ";File....." occurs also in sections 9,14,15, 20.......etc.
No, because it's that way in the unaltered stock version. It looks like those sections are for the U-boat campaign added in the 1.5 version, and that may be why those lines are commented out there.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 01:50 AM   #47
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Never looked at this mod before so bare with me, i take it seeing as you start prior to the pearl harbor attack. When the actual attack happens, do you here about it??

say over the radio via emergency broadcast or something like that

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 08:10 AM   #48
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa101 View Post
Never looked at this mod before so bare with me, i take it seeing as you start prior to the pearl harbor attack. When the actual attack happens, do you here about it??

say over the radio via emergency broadcast or something like that
Yes. In fact, that's why I created it. The stock game does include a text radio message about the attack, as well as a follow-up message, in both text and voice if you're listening to the game's Washington station. In my radio mods I've included as much news coverage as I could find for the different networks.

So even in an otherwise unmodded game, you do get some news about it.
Old 06-20-11, 08:20 AM   #49
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199
very good mate, seems like they leave that part out of most games lol

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 04:24 PM   #50
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I've uploaded an updated version. See the first post in this thread for details.
Old 03-23-12, 11:32 AM   #51
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Had to update to 4.3 because I forgot to include the new Pre War Asiatic Patrols in the RSRDC - RFB and RSRDC - TMO versions. Sorry.
Old 05-02-20, 06:08 PM   #52
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO [REL] Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
Yes. In fact, that's why I created it. The stock game does include a text radio message about the attack, as well as a follow-up message, in both text and voice if you're listening to the game's Washington station. In my radio mods I've included as much news coverage as I could find for the different networks.

So even in an otherwise unmodded game, you do get some news about it.
Downloaded this mod & added it into my mix of RFB+RSRDC, and have started a patrol from PH, slated to do a 10 day patrol, south of Midway. Date when I saved to grab some rack time was 03/12/1941...

What sound file/s are tagged to do this broadcasting, to occur after the attack has happened.?

I ask, as I want to make sure that they are indeed, in the folder I have them added to, hence the RFB+RSRDC SH4.

Great mod, and like the idea of actually having the chance to go out before the attack happens... and everything goes to crap hitting the fan...

Old 05-03-20, 03:17 PM   #53
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
What sound file/s are tagged to do this broadcasting, to occur after the attack has happened.?

I ask, as I want to make sure that they are indeed, in the folder I have them added to, hence the RFB+RSRDC SH4.
If you don't have any of my radio mods installed, then the only audio you'll hear is from the included Washington station at:

Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound\Radio\Washington\Events

And you have to be listening to the station in order to hear the audio files in Events. The text may also only display when you're listening to the station. It's been awhile, so I'm not sure.
Old 05-03-20, 07:43 PM   #54
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO [REL] Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start... Radio mods add in...

Quote:
If you don't have any of my radio mods installed, then the only audio you'll hear is from the included Washington station at:

Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound\Radio\Washington\Events

And you have to be listening to the station in order to hear the audio files in Events. The text may also only display when you're listening to the station. It's been awhile, so I'm not sure.
Ok, copy of SH4 I have, is through Steam... not Ubi. That aside, to which radio/gramaphone items from your ''[REL] Radio Stations and Music Mods'', would I need to grab... keeping it strictly to mainly U.S. radio & gramaphone (aka record player, as we called it before it died out...) stuff.

I do know that some movie or movies.. has been a bit back so don't ask me to quote the exact one/s, but I do recall reference being made to ''Tokyo Rose'' & broadcasts from them being listened to by sailors, if not by the grunts in the army & marines, as well.

I'd also want to keep it in the time frame, of say as your pre PH career start mod does, of a 11/30-21/01 start time frame until the end of the war.

Any info you can provide to help me 'narrow down' the list would be
greatly appreciated...

Mad Mardigan

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 05-04-20 at 03:49 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 04:00 PM   #55
fred8615
Saint of the seas

All of my stations (link in my sig below) cover from December 2nd, 1941, to August 16th, 1945. You can't download just one specific month or year, if that's what you're asking.

I do have pre-war stuff too, but it still plays within those dates, and is clearly labeled as such.
Old 05-05-20, 07:37 PM   #56
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO [REL] Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start... Radio mods add in...

Quote:
All of my stations (link in my sig below) cover from December 2nd, 1941, to August 16th, 1945. You can't download just one specific month or year, if that's what you're asking.

I do have pre-war stuff too, but it still plays within those dates, and is clearly labeled as such.
Ok, guess I'll just have to see of d/l'ing it & look through it then.

With asking that, no.. wasn't asking of a month year specific d/l, was because after looking at the page you have up for it, that I saw all that with 1910/20/30 listings & just wanted to know if that was all separate d/l's or was it all part of 1 mega d/l of music... basically I was asking for more.. clarification on it.

Sorry if that caused a misunderstanding...

Old 05-06-20, 02:33 PM   #57
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
With asking that, no.. wasn't asking of a month year specific d/l, was because after looking at the page you have up for it, that I saw all that with 1910/20/30 listings & just wanted to know if that was all separate d/l's or was it all part of 1 mega d/l of music... basically I was asking for more.. clarification on it.
The '10s, '20s, and '30s music are separate downloads. The war years music is separated by year.