SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-19, 02:56 AM   #1
BOjim
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default Strange BUG! Stationary submarines in the ocean?

Hi guys! I've encountered a strange bug in Silent Hunter 4 FOTRS Ultimate.

I saw a Japanese submarine on the surface just sitting there stationary. I watched it for a while and it did absolutely nothing, I eventually torpedoed it and it sank. My sonar man could also pick it up even though it was't moving, which I found strange. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?

If anyone has any info on mysterious stationary subs just floating there in the middle of nowhere, please let me know. It would be a shame if all the new submarine models in FOTRSU are bugged out for my whole career!
BOjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 06:41 AM   #2
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68

I, also, found an IJN Sub sitting around on the surface (off Manila).
Started to pass it by (low tonnage), then thought why not.
fired two MK14's at it. when the first one it, it started moving, but sank anyway. I noted it as "sighted sub, sank same".

Also FOTRSU.

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 11:31 AM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... and that is "planned" into the game. Don't let them turn the tide, and you become the hunted though, because they will pursue, and are much better torpedo shooters than you are, because if there is one thing to remember about FotRSU v1, it is that they shoot back at you! We left out submerged IJN subs for now, but they are in an add-in mod (coming soon to a thread near you!) for those that relish that kind of challenge. In the meantime, remember that the surrfaced IJN subs (there are over a half-dozen classes) can and do move, at up to their MaxSpeed on the surface, and they have a full suite of AI Sensors, and can hear you better than you can hear them... This is also why it is recommended that you keep the Event Camera turned-on, so that you can see the launch against you. There is no point penalty in FotRSU for doing such.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 10:40 AM   #4
BOjim
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's noticed this, mikesn9. Sounds like your experience was very similar to mine.
And thanks for the reply, propbeanie! I noticed you answered my question on the FOTRSU forum page too
BOjim is offline   Reply With Quote