SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-19, 01:00 AM   #3766
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

I advice you to install Fifi's compilation.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 01:03 AM   #3767
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I just started a September 1944 career in a Type IXC/40 and there is no radar detector fitted nor is there any means to add one before departing Flensburg.

Patrol orders are for Square CB15 in the Gulf of Maine and without a radar detector that destination is likely to be suicidal.

All front boats were fitted with radar detectors by this time so what files need to be edited to add them to a Type IXC/40 in Op Monsun, V720 with Patch 5?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-C
Tested it with mod, and have to say starting in Flensburg Sept 44 with IXC40 is fine with any radar avalaible
Picture of what i get and can choose before mission: just have to drag and drop radar in place

So playing OM stock might be the problem...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 03:02 AM   #3768
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

OK, I am using Fifi's mod and drag selecting the radar warning detector worked. This was a surprise since one cannot select torpedoes that show a zero-quantity so there was no reason to believe that selecting a sensor with a zero-quantity would actually work.

My error, thanks for setting me straight. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 03:38 AM   #3769
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C
Not in the plans actually.

Try to remove the radio guy from slot, you will not hear him anymore until you drag him back
But what’s the mean of complaining you can’t have radar, and you now don’t want it activated?

Raising/lowering flags/radars/antennas are not available in OM, nor are not in the works right now, but maybe one day!
Old 08-24-19, 08:20 AM   #3770
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
OK, I am using Fifi's mod and drag selecting the radar warning detector worked. This was a surprise since one cannot select torpedoes that show a zero-quantity so there was no reason to believe that selecting a sensor with a zero-quantity would actually work.

My error, thanks for setting me straight. Now if there was only the means to prevent the radar from activating automatically when surfacing and to retract the mast when not in use...

-C
That "0" indicates how much renown it will cost you, so in this case, the detector is "free" to install.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 10:42 AM   #3771
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Maybe would be cool to add some cost to it?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 03:34 PM   #3772
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

Quote:
But what’s the mean of complaining you can’t have radar, and you now don’t want it activated?
Save the emojis, I never complained about not having radar, my objection was to the apparent lack of an available radar DETECTOR!!!!! There is actually a bit of a difference in that they are not at all the same apparatus and have entirely different functions.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 04:06 AM   #3773
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Downloads: 55

Coming back to this series after a long break and man was I excited to find this. Used to play SH3 a ton back in the day and this really gives me my fix. Currently running OM but I'm about to swap it over to RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. Just sunk 44.000 tons on my first patrol with the Type IX and I am loving this boat so much! Thank you for your work, your mods are an absolute blast. This mod for the Atlantic and TMO + RSRDC for the Pacific are must haves for me.
jahwillprovide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 04:20 AM   #3774
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahwillprovide View Post
Coming back to this series after a long break and man was I excited to find this. Used to play SH3 a ton back in the day and this really gives me my fix. Currently running OM but I'm about to swap it over to RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. Just sunk 44.000 tons on my first patrol with the Type IX and I am loving this boat so much! Thank you for your work, your mods are an absolute blast. This mod for the Atlantic and TMO + RSRDC for the Pacific are must haves for me.
Hummm...wich mod? just OM+OMEGU?
You should try OM+OMEGU+FIFI Compilation to get an other blast IMHO
But it’s only about German side...
Old 08-27-19, 12:33 PM   #3775
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hummm...wich mod? just OM+OMEGU?
You should try OM+OMEGU+FIFI Compilation to get an other blast IMHO
But it’s only about German side...
I actually saw your mod recommended for the first time last night so I looked it up and downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet because it was about 3 or 4 am xD Going to give it a try and see what I think today

- Watch Officer now tells the distance to target.

This is the edit that really convinced me to download it because I have to jump back to the map constantly and measure my distance to make sure.
Old 08-27-19, 02:20 PM   #3776
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahwillprovide View Post
I actually saw your mod recommended for the first time last night so I looked it up and downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet because it was about 3 or 4 am xD Going to give it a try and see what I think today

- Watch Officer now tells the distance to target.

This is the edit that really convinced me to download it because I have to jump back to the map constantly and measure my distance to make sure.
Wait tomorrow next update before starting new career
This way you will be up to date!
Old 08-27-19, 03:40 PM   #3777
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Wait tomorrow next update before starting new career
This way you will be up to date!

Didnt see this in time haha
Just had a pretty solid 2nd patrol with your mod added to it and experienced no issues just slapping it on to the load order. Had an absolute blast and was pretty stoked to see all the changes made in the attack map/attack periscope. Fired off a salvo instead of just 1 G7e at the Rose Castle and thank god I did. I surfaced during a storm in the Mid-Atlantic about 1700 meters off that massive tanker on accident because we had no sound contacts and both struck her starboard. Only took 2 shots from the 100mm gun after that and she went to the ocean floor

Ill check back tomorrow and update the mod
Old 07-19-20, 07:31 AM   #3778
diver56
Swabbie

Downloads: 362
Default Help with the Deck gun

This is a wonderful Modification. But I have Problems with the Weapons. There are none on the Submarines, but the Entries are Correct. In the Game the Weapons do not exist. Can someone help me with this please?
diver56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 09:32 AM   #3779
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver56 View Post
This is a wonderful Modification. But I have Problems with the Weapons. There are none on the Submarines, but the Entries are Correct. In the Game the Weapons do not exist. Can someone help me with this please?
Diver,

This mod is no longer being actively supported.
Those of us who wish to play SH 4 in the ATO, play Dark Waters. DW is the next generation of OpM and much of it is OpM but many of the issues have been remedied as well as enhanced. Check it out.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-20, 06:03 AM   #3780
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

... and the big thing about applying (and removing) mods is to be sure and either empty the Save folder (Users / UserName / Documents / SH4), or use MultiSH4 and create a new Save folder.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote