THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 01:44 PM   #902
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

This too, Follow the (Climate Change) Money

https://www.heritage.org/environment...e-change-money

makes you wonder if that Greta girl is in it for the money as well.
Old 01-17-20, 02:12 PM   #903
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The "Heritage foundation". A least something else than the forever Fox or Breitbart news.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/
"Stephen Moore is the Distinguished Visiting Fellow [...]", what is this, a kind of parasite worm?

I begin to hate Greta, the "friday for future" movement (this word has been coined for and during the NS reign), or now the "parents for future" BS, but denying some substantial warming, CO2 rise and that mankind has something to do with it is pure idiocy.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 11:03 AM   #904
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 12:19 PM   #905
Catfish

^

Old 01-30-20, 05:45 PM   #906
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Oh, I thought this was about when your wife went through menopause..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 05:57 PM   #907
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Your politician and your climate friendly companies are making fun of you and me(climate related).

I have and still recycling my plastic, I got somehow mad some month back when most of the plastic the Danes recycle is send to some third world country and dump there and not as those companies have told us, will be reused in other things.

Yesterday the Swedish Parliament decided to put tax on shopping bags
A climate tax so to say

One may think the income from this taxes will be used to improve the the environment and the climate.

No such thing the extra income will be used to lower some other taxes.

They(the politician) use this climate change to steal more money from their voters.

And companies tell people fairy tales.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 08:19 PM   #908
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

They(the politician) use this climate change to steal more money from their voters.

Markus

Now you're catching on.
Old 01-31-20, 03:51 AM   #909
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Your politician and your climate friendly companies are making fun of you and me(climate related). [...]
One may think the income from this taxes will be used to improve the the environment and the climate.

No such thing the extra income will be used to lower some other taxes.

And companies tell people fairy tales. Markus

Exactly.
Some are abusing the initial green idea, but again this is typically human. Although making money with new technology and at the same time improving and generating less waste is a good thing when it works, and it can generate jobs and new technology.
Problem is that some of the greens and a lot of conservative politicians in Germany have discovered to make money by only pretending to "act green", while pulling money out of (read: abuse) other's idealism.

Old 02-02-20, 12:47 PM   #910
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Could this be the answer to a clean supply of electric power in the future ?

https://www.iflscience.com/technolog...-using-it/all/

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 12:04 AM   #911
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Michael Moore Just Declared War on the Climate Movement

"Obviously, the main factor is delusion."

I've been saying this for years, there's no easy solution to climate change.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 03:32 AM   #912
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
This too, Follow the (Climate Change) Money

https://www.heritage.org/environment...e-change-money

makes you wonder if that Greta girl is in it for the money as well.
Are u seriously citing the HERITAGE FOUNDATION!?!?

Also: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...pandemic%3famp

Last edited by Torvald Von Mansee; 05-01-20 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Cleanup
Torvald Von Mansee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 05:08 AM   #913
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I am halfway through the film, will watch the rest this evening.

Saying this since years: WE ARE TOO MANY.

Also saying: WE PUT TRUST IN LEADERSHIP "ELITES" THAT ARE CORRUPT ANd NOT HALF AS COMOETENT AS THEY PRETEND AND THAT DO NOT DESERVE OUR TRUST.

THOSE VOTING FOR THEM TIME AND AGAIN, ARE NOT MORE COMPETENT EITHER.

Global wamring is real, the signs are on every wall. The planet climate is getting hotter. But the science behind wanting to maximise the claimed evidence for that the human factor as a cause is the only factor, is deeply corrupted and driven by profit interest. The whole show is a fundamental wealth redistribution scheme on global scale. Corporations want to defend their profit model to milk it as long as possible (we have seen that before with denial of tobacco ill effects, for example). Rising states want to milk money from the already industrialised states. Left progressives want to punish the wealthy states and distribute the loot amongst poorer states. That the latter often are poor because of their deeply corrupted, criminal leaders, gets ignored almost always.

I honestly think its a hopeless fight if you want to fix all this. All we can do is trying to ADAPT to the warmer world that is right now in the making all around us. Preventing it from becoming warmer, we can no more.

So many people will allways find a million of stupid reasons to just stick to the destructive ways they are used to, and granted, many of these ways are comfortable if you do not look at the long perspective. The "alternatives" are carefully designed PR stunts to nudge them into the wanted directions that bring power and influence for certain NGOs, satisfaction for certain ideological camps, as well as profits for big business corporations.

Its like cutting off heads of the hydra. You cannot win this way. The beast must starve so that it heads start eating each other.

We are too many. 8+ billion just is too much, many billions too much. 8 billions - you cannot avoid this turning life into just a self-destructing cacophony.
Old 05-01-20, 09:45 AM   #914
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I am halfway through the film, will watch the rest this evening.

Saying this since years: WE ARE TOO MANY.

Also saying: WE PUT TRUST IN LEADERSHIP "ELITES" THAT ARE CORRUPT ANd NOT HALF AS COMOETENT AS THEY PRETEND AND THAT DO NOT DESERVE OUR TRUST.

Global wamring is real, the signs are on every wall. The planet climate is getting hotter. But the science behind wanting to maximise the claimed evidence for that the human factor as a cause is the only factor, is deeply corrupted and driven by profit interest. The whole show is a fundamental wealth redistribution scheme on global scale. Corporations want to defend their profit model to milk it as long as possible (we have seen that before with denial of tobacco ill effects, for example). Rising states want to milk money from the already industrialised states. Left progressives want to punish the wealthy states and distribute the loot amongst poorer states. That the latter often are poor because of their deeply corrupted, criminal leaders, gets ignored almost always.

I honestly think its a hopeless fight if you want to fix all this. All we can do is trying to ADAPT to the warmer world that is right now in the making all around us. Preventing it from becoming warmer, we can no more.

We are too many. 8+ billion just is too much, many billions too much. 8 billions - you cannot avoid this turning life into just a self-destructing cacophony.
Yeah, that's the feeling I've had for years. The film underscores that - we are too many.

I worked in chemical plants for 30+ years, I didn't work in an office until 1998, so I was not detatched from the reality of what it takes for our system to work. Greenies who sell bran muffins and lounge around with their ipads just don't understand that if we want all the energy and material goods we take for granted, it's going to be impossible without fossil fuels.

However-- that being said, I still think nuclear power would help. A lot. The film neglected to mention nuclear at all, a failing. There are issues with it, but it's CO2 free and a long term substitute for power plants, if done right. Bill Gates had a new type of reactor teed up but relied on China and that's been shelved.

Planet of the Humans movie draws outrage as it calls for economic slowdown
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pla...mics-1.5549693

Quote:
If anyone was foolish enough to actually think that human technology had the planet's natural forces safely under our control, the disruptive effect of COVID-19 has been only the latest reminder that it doesn't.

A main message of the new environmental documentary Planet of the Humans is that despite our powerful economic grip on the world — or more likely because of it — we have started a planetary tire fire that even our greenest leaders seem unable to cool.

To say the movie, backed by rabble-rousing filmmaker Michael Moore and made by his longtime associate Jeff Gibbs, is controversial is an understatement.

Offering it free on the internet during the COVID-19 lockdown has helped attract more than 4.6 million views since the film's Earth Day release last week.

But it has also attracted a wave of outraged criticism, not from the expected anti-environmental crowd, many of whom seem to quite like it, but from committed environmentalists themselves.

The film tars several well-known green leaders — including Al Gore, who helped bring climate change awareness to the people in the 2006 film An Inconvenient Truth — as being in the pocket of big business.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 01:32 PM   #915
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
However-- that being said, I still think nuclear power would help. A lot. The film neglected to mention nuclear at all, a failing. There are issues with it, but it's CO2 free and a long term substitute for power plants, if done right.
And that is a big part of the problem. Nuclear should be the best way to generate electricity. Imagine trying to build a large scale hydro electric facility in the continental USA or Canada. Enviromentalists would lose their minds. But you can't have it both ways. There is risk in everything. From driving a car to hiking in the wilderness people take a risk. The question is pretty simple. What kind of risk are we willing to take to keep the current lifestyle that so many enjoy?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, climate change, drought, global warming, hurricanes