SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-19, 07:07 PM   #3706
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Confirmed: I have ears again with: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

Ok, let's try OTC and the OTC patch. See if we still have sound.
Old 04-15-19, 07:17 PM   #3707
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Odd........ I didn't expect this.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SonarTargetFix2_TMO
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502

And I have no sound. So it appears OTC is breaking everything.... I don't understand how it affects sound when it's a visual mod. Going to adjust the load out to where STF2 loads after OTC and see what that does. I can't even hear my own engines (which is what had been happening in my saved Career, but I thought someone had finally modeled the 140 degree of ears these things had, and not 360. I appear to have been mistaken, that was a symptom of the problem. Also don't understand how it was breaking OM, seeing as it wasn't loaded.
Old 04-15-19, 07:22 PM   #3708
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

.......... Posting this from within game........... The convoy I ran into was a fleet of fishing boats. No engines. ****........ Going to continue with the test, as I still couldn't hear my own engines in hydro.
Old 04-15-19, 07:32 PM   #3709
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Still posting from within game.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

This allows me to hear with my Gato on the surface. Now I understand this is something they could do at limited capacity but I didn't know was in the game. Perhaps I have forgotten it was? Regardless, I can hear. Going to P Depth just to double check things.

EDIT: Yep, I can hear them at PD. On to the next test. Guess I'll shoot for Traveler's Mod+ the OTC patch.
Old 04-15-19, 07:42 PM   #3710
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok so with: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SonarTargetFix2_TMO
Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
Traveller Mod 2.6 OTC 1.5 Patch

Traveller overrides the STF2 mod. So now I will try it with STF2 loaded after Traveller as I hear nothing, not even my own engines.
Old 04-15-19, 07:51 PM   #3711
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok so with: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

That has given me sound back. Though I can no longer hear them on the surface. I'm fine with that, atleast I can hear them. On to the next test, let's try Webster's stuff first. Both the Lifeboat, and Maneuver with STF2 loaded last. I'm wondering if perhaps I had Webster's Stuff loaded to early, and that was breaking things.
Old 04-15-19, 07:58 PM   #3712
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

As expected. With: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

I still have sound. Alright. Now I'm going to uninstall WRLbF and WSMF and STF2 and place my sound mods back into the list. Then I'll install those three mods last, on top of the sound mods. I don't think it would matter if i installed the sound mods over these three, but I have a crazy hunch that may have been the issue all along. Likewise with OM, despite OM not having a specific OM folder to install. The STF2 download page list OM as being use able. I guess I will troubleshoot that all over again once I get this squared away.
Old 04-15-19, 08:15 PM   #3713
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok, so with this: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
Pacific Sound Mod
DBSM Close Depth Charge
BBC World
Captain Midnights MORE CBS NEWS! MOD v1.2
KGBM Radio
KGMB Add On
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

being my load out. I can now hear enemies, and hear myself. Atleast I could in the Tokyo Express Mission. I'm going to, just for ****s and giggles, attempt to load my save off Western Luzon to see if I can now hear those two DDs. It probably won't load, and if it does, I have no idea what to expect. One of the Golden Rules of Silent Hunter from as far back as 3 is: Don't save near Convoys, or Underwater. So I don't expect it to work like it should. But if I can hear them, I'm going to be surprised.
Old 04-15-19, 08:20 PM   #3714
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well, it loaded, which gave me hope. But alas, I can't hear the DDs. I also can't hear myself.......... I don't have any idea wtf that means, but it doesn't give me any hope that loading a new career and testing it that way will work any better. Why in the **** can I hear properly in the Single Mission, but not Career? I'm going to try two things, as this career is in an S-Boat. I will try a new career with an S-Boat. See what that does, then try a new career with a Gato (The default ship for the single mission) and see if that does anything.
Old 04-15-19, 08:32 PM   #3715
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Not looking good. Grabbed an S-Boat, went to Western Luzon, found the same convoy. No sound. Not my engines, not theirs.............. I don't understand why it's suddenly not working now that I am in Career. Is the S-Boat broken? Going to load into something more modern and try again. Not expecting it to work.

How The **** Am I Supposed To Test This When I Get Different Results Just Because I'm In Career Mode Now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-15-19, 08:45 PM   #3716
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Grabbed the most modern thing in Manilla in 41. Still no sound on hydro. Found the exact same convoy in the exact same spot.

Hilarious!

I don't see how anyone can claim they have gotten any of these mods running properly(TMO and OM). If they claim they do, I don't think they are fully aware of issues in the game. And are just ignorant to the fact that, no, the game isn't behaving at all the way it's supposed to, you just don't know what to look for.

And seeing as all that effort did not fix the broken game/mod/whatever, I'm not going to waste time trying to do the same for OM. I'm just going to get the exact same result.
Old 04-15-19, 11:16 PM   #3717
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Sigh, it's like you gentlemen are being deliberately dense. I'm not going to bother re-typing my post which you can read, and then re-read as many times as necessary to see what you guys aren't understanding.
I think I can explain, but first I have to ask why you feel the need to be so insulting? I did reread your posts, and I think I understand my mistake.

Quote:
As I hope you gentlemen can see, I do not have both mods loaded, nor can I understand why, how, or when you got the idea that I had them both installed. Don't bother explaining, please.
That one's easy. In the past there was the mistaken assumption that you had to have TMO loaded before OM, and that belief was repeated many times. You spoke of working with both mods, so it was an easy mistake on my part to think you had fallen into that same trap. I apologize for misunderstanding.

Quote:
Anyways, have I put up with you guys goofing with me enough to actually help me, or do I still need to stay on my knees and grovel to get your omnipotent help for a longer period of time? Cause I really do get the feeling you are both having a go at me.
In none of these posts have I seen anyone "goofing" with you. People are honestly trying to help. Nobody is "having a go" at you, and no one is playing games with you. There is no need to be antagonistic, or to assume that anyone else is. I had a thread a couple of years ago about trying to get SH3 to work the way I wanted it to. I got some help for every issue I had, but it still took me several weeks before I was happy with it. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sorry I was unable to be more help, but my attempt, poor as it may have been, was honest. I hope you get it working to your satisfaction.
Old 04-16-19, 07:35 AM   #3718
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Where can i find the different bases available dates in OM campaign please?
If someone could enlighten me
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 08:05 AM   #3719
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Where can i find the different bases available dates in OM campaign please?
If someone could enlighten me
there is an excel file in the OpMonsun download that has a boat vs flotilla vs date matrix.
will that suffice?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 10:06 AM   #3720
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Thanks my friend, i already find it an other way...in the files.
But i will double check with your reply
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote