SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-21, 12:10 AM   #1
kacpro090
Sailor man

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default GWX3 gold vs LSH3

What I seen LSH3 is total graphic overhaul of the game, no idea what does it add besides that.
GWX3 is really a realism mod at some sort
kacpro090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 09:33 AM   #2
A Soviet Fanboi
Watch

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpro090 View Post
What I seen LSH3 is total graphic overhaul of the game, no idea what does it add besides that.
GWX3 is really a realism mod at some sort
Best is GWX3 as it has shorter load times and it's also harder to find ships in comparison to LSH3. Yeah I know LSH3 has good graphics but it has longer load times and it's very easy to play. Since I don't care about Graphics and like realism more, I would prefer GWX3.
By the way you should see this thread:- https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=222200
A Soviet Fanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 10:25 AM   #3
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

So, realism is a mixed bag.

Can I ID a ship by flipping through the rec manual, snap a set of range/bearing points, and determine course and speed to line up a good solution? Yes I can.

In real life, there would be multiple crew members to assist. In real life, you'd be able to see the target with greater detail and clarity further away than you can in a game on a 2D screen. In real life, you'd have crew double-checking each other's observations. In real life you'd have other u-boats involved.

In real real life (my own experience), stationing a section tracking party or fire control tracking party would result in *many* people shoved into a control room, all adding to the solution. Although different, the US TDC typically had two people operating it together in WW2. Along with plotters running the ded reckon tracer, etc.

I have no issues letting the weapons officer ID the target. I have no issues letting the 1WO give a range/bearing. I do sometimes play with map updates off.

To that end, I judge GWX3 vs LSH3 based upon that:

1. GWX3 allows multiple mods of all kinds, including graphics updates.

2. LSH3 has what feels likes more traffic, so your not staring at a screen for hours with no contacts.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote