SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-14-22, 09:09 AM   #1
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default Any user missions in the context of the urkraine war

Hallo,

I' really enjoy playing DW but I'm totaly bad at the mission editor.
Are there any missions or campaigns available which have a scenario in context of the ukraine war.
Personaly I prefer recon missions over "all in war" missions but I didnt find anything except the ukraine map template, not a single mission.
Would be great to have a campaign which doesnt overdramatize the NATO against russia war thing but which have scenarios which are probebly reflect real life mission typs like do research at the north stream lecks, do electronic recon, or insert special forces at the crimea peninsula somehing like that.
Any ideas?

Thx!
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 04:28 AM   #2
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Hey mate,

I'm working on one at the moment. It begins on 23 February, 2022 (the day before the invasion). An 'old' Flt II 688 has been given 'dispensation' (under the terms of the Montreux Convention) to enter the Black Sea, to participate in Turkish naval exercises, on the proviso that a Russian frigate observes a transfer of her fire control circuitry to a Turkish AOR (so that it has no working weapons), and that the boat leaves the Black Sea at the conclusion of the exercises.

It's about 60% complete at the moment - but work is crazy, so no word on a release date. I'll try and work more on it this weekend.

I've done a lot of following and research on the conflict - and have thought of about half a dozen missions in my head. They just take a long time to make.

Based on the latest developments, I'm able to do a few more updates to the Ukraine map too.

Cheers
Stew

Last edited by Stewy1; 10-20-22 at 04:36 AM.
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 06:53 AM   #3
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Stew; I'm looking forward to it, but consider that even the FLT III's are pretty old. An SSN 688 Flt III makes more sense for this mission, even an early Virginia class would fit the mold.

Believe me, we're not necessarily getting better- just older.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 04:24 PM   #4
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Haha - thanks Bob. Yeah, I think I'm biased towards the Flt Is and IIs, just because they 'look cooler'

Stew

Last edited by Stewy1; 10-21-22 at 05:03 AM.
Stewy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 08:52 AM   #5
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy1 View Post
Hey mate,

I'm working on one at the moment. It begins on 23 February, 2022 (the day before the invasion). An 'old' Flt II 688 has been given 'dispensation' (under the terms of the Montreux Convention) to enter the Black Sea, to participate in Turkish naval exercises, on the proviso that a Russian frigate observes a transfer of her fire control circuitry to a Turkish AOR (so that it has no working weapons), and that the boat leaves the Black Sea at the conclusion of the exercises.

It's about 60% complete at the moment - but work is crazy, so no word on a release date. I'll try and work more on it this weekend.

I've done a lot of following and research on the conflict - and have thought of about half a dozen missions in my head. They just take a long time to make.

Based on the latest developments, I'm able to do a few more updates to the Ukraine map too.

Cheers
Stew

That sounds awesome! Really looking forward to it! Thanks for our work!
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote