SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-19, 04:59 AM   #16
jack33
Seaman

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

No news
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 08:16 AM   #17
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

I've used the modified dll for while now and kind of like some of the changes.

The longer display period for sonar lines is both useful and cluttering. The reduced torp snaking arcs, I'm on the fence.

I do like that enemy torps can sink enemy vessels again. That's only fair if my own torps can sink me.

Me thinks that many of these changes should have been adjustable from within the options screen from the outset.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-19, 01:49 AM   #18
AllQuiet
Watch

Downloads: 20

Why do we need the Assembly-CSharp DLL file? Or for that matter, why do we need the dictionary and weapons file?

Wouldn't it be easier to simply post the changes you made in the text files instead of gathering up other files?

I have my own dictionary and weapons file and I don't want them disturbed.
In fact, every single file in the game has my fingerprint stamped on them now.
AllQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 06:03 PM   #19
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllQuiet View Post
Why do we need the Assembly-CSharp DLL file?
The dll is where the aspects that the modder wished to change are contained. These changes cannot be made by changes in any of the txt files alone. You need the other files (with their respective edits) to support the changes made in the dll.
Old 04-07-19, 07:46 PM   #20
AllQuiet
Watch

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR DPH View Post
The dll is where the aspects that the modder wished to change are contained. These changes cannot be made by changes in any of the txt files alone. You need the other files (with their respective edits) to support the changes made in the dll.
Ok...nice improvement over stock weapon behavior. And I noticed a couple of things. Changing depths now have finer increments of 10 vs 50. Change you write the file so that we can use the shift key for larger depth increments and keep the finer increments for depth like you have it now?

I also noticed the F9 time acceleration was disabled. I'm not sure if this was a memory dump on my end or you culled it out on the dll file you created...
AllQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 08:50 AM   #21
CDR DPH
Helmsman

I had to fiddle a bit to get F9 working again. The added commands to start/stop time compression seem redundant as F9 on its own works well enough. Maybe I am missing the point of the extra commands.

Hey skwabie - what sonar ping value did you use in the first set of dll changes that prompted me to complain that the ping lines were displayed for too long? I'm having difficulty finding a happy medium and do not know what numeric value range is available to be used. Thx.

Last edited by CDR DPH; 04-08-19 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-23-19, 03:24 PM   #22
VDNKh
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

So after playing around with this a little I love it and see a ton of potential since it looks like CW is no longer being patched.

One big bug with this is that, since hostile torps can hit surface ships now, the AI does not account for friendly fire at all and constantly sinks its own ships.
VDNKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 12:26 PM   #23
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

I can't seem to get this mod to work.as I keep getting a string error relating to time compression.Any way to get this problem addressed?
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 07:42 PM   #24
VDNKh
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
I can't seem to get this mod to work.as I keep getting a string error relating to time compression.Any way to get this problem addressed?
Delete this file and let the game generate a new one:

Code:
AppData\LocalLow\Killerfish Games\Cold Waters\options.txt
VDNKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 03:24 PM   #25
partycat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I really liked this mod. However there is a problem I would like to mention.

When I install this mod, hostile torpedoes seems to ignore both MOSS and Noisemakers. If I launch the MOSS and if the torpedo acquires on MOSS, it doesn't ignore the MOSS (mostly) and homes onto it, however if the torpedo acquires on my sub first, there is nothing I am being able to do afterwards. It's just ignoring everything, MOSS, Noisemaker, Knuckles and keep homing at me. and since this mod also changes their pitch angles, it is impossible to evade by doing manuevers.

I'm not exactly sure but this issue might be occuring because of the torpedoes ignoring destroyed vessels and whales. So maybe there needs to be a tweak to the file.

I would very much appreciated if you could look into it. Thanks in advance :3
partycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 07:37 PM   #26
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

partycat!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 06:57 AM   #27
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
I really liked this mod. However there is a problem I would like to mention.

When I install this mod, hostile torpedoes seems to ignore both MOSS and Noisemakers. If I launch the MOSS and if the torpedo acquires on MOSS, it doesn't ignore the MOSS (mostly) and homes onto it, however if the torpedo acquires on my sub first, there is nothing I am being able to do afterwards. It's just ignoring everything, MOSS, Noisemaker, Knuckles and keep homing at me. and since this mod also changes their pitch angles, it is impossible to evade by doing manuevers.

I'm not exactly sure but this issue might be occuring because of the torpedoes ignoring destroyed vessels and whales. So maybe there needs to be a tweak to the file.

I would very much appreciated if you could look into it. Thanks in advance :3
Is this happens with all torpedoes, or wire-guided only?
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 02:00 PM   #28
partycat
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
Is this happens with all torpedoes, or wire-guided only?
I just made a test, it's with wire-guideds only. Although my torpedoes skill being blinded by hostile noisemakers eventhough they are still connected with wire.
Old 04-27-20, 03:16 PM   #29
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
I just made a test, it's with wire-guideds only. Although my torpedoes skill being blinded by hostile noisemakers eventhough they are still connected with wire.
That happens when AI had identified your decoy as a decoy and/or have a steady 10+ contact with your sub. Obviously it will not chase anything else when he sees your sub.
Decoys helps only when AI is not sure where your sub is.

To counter wire guided torpedo you better make it not wire guided.
In case of US subs it is quite simple: You send mk48 in direction of an enemy, acitvate it right after it finishes its turn - this will give you speed (and range, since game code doesn't know that range should decreace when speed is increaced).
After that stop snake searching manually and switch torpedo to active sonar, so it start shouting "I'm looking for you") Usually enemy start evasive maneuvers at full speed and looses a wire.
- Wlii not help if enemy sub can't reach wire break speed (diesel subs for example).
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 07:22 PM   #30
partycat
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
That happens when AI had identified your decoy as a decoy and/or have a steady 10+ contact with your sub. Obviously it will not chase anything else when he sees your sub.
Decoys helps only when AI is not sure where your sub is.

To counter wire guided torpedo you better make it not wire guided.
In case of US subs it is quite simple: You send mk48 in direction of an enemy, acitvate it right after it finishes its turn - this will give you speed (and range, since game code doesn't know that range should decreace when speed is increaced).
After that stop snake searching manually and switch torpedo to active sonar, so it start shouting "I'm looking for you") Usually enemy start evasive maneuvers at full speed and looses a wire.
- Wlii not help if enemy sub can't reach wire break speed (diesel subs for example).
Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the explanation and letting me know what is the exact thing making hostile torpedoes behave like this.

If I may ask though, is it possible to remove that or make it for both sides instead of only AI? I checked the dll with dnspy a bit but I'm totally new to dll moddings. Tried to remove the code that changes depth sets from 50 feet to 10 feet but it gave me warning when I saved the module and well, game crashed at startup (and I was thinking Skyrim modding was difficult )

I tried your advise, it kinda works but when I do that, I instantly give away my position. They all go active instantly and return fires to my torpedo's bearing. If nothing works, I guess I can just remove the wire guidance from their torpedoes, but I want to leave it as a last result since it would also make things too much easier.

I still can't understand though the logic of this type of behaviour. Because eventhough the decoy has been identified, it's too loudy noise still blinds the torpedo. and the feature should be in my sub and torpedoes too if it's in the hostiles. or even as optional, like Sonar WAA.

By the by, what did you mean by having a 10+ steady contact? I didn't understand that part.