SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-11, 10:09 AM   #586
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

If I ever get off this rock I'm going to design and patent a night scope. Something for the MP40 I would think. I'm destined for great things. Those damn shadows I see moving outside the castle wall, I would like to see who they are and take them out just for the sport. I'm going to be the last man standing!
Old 06-28-11, 10:42 AM   #587
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Mookie slipping away did not go unnoticed by Jimbuna 'May have to have a word with him and pool our resources, we could cover more area if we did it in a joint/co-ordinated fashion' he thought to himself.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-28-11, 10:53 AM   #588
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
The Petty Officers journal did little to assist in tracking the werewolf's. If the Petty Officer was a werewolf, and the SS man is to be believed, there are still at least two others.

The sailor put the journal down.

On the night the SS man was gone, there was only one kill. On the night he was present, there were three killed inside the castle, of which one may have been done by the Petty Officer. On the first night, only a German was killed.

"The odds of a German being a werewolf are climbing," he thought.

Getting in and out of the castle with the place fortified would be difficult, but not so if you were already in the castle.

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Old 06-28-11, 11:09 AM   #589
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

An uneasy truce settled between the two sides. No sooner than the shots faded and the schnapps run out, the men went their separate ways, having no discernible orders to the contrary. Jimbuna was alone in the Great Hall, muttering to himself, cleaning the table and picking up the empty glasses. "Just like me mates, they know how to knock a few back but they forget they're Royal Navy and leave a mess. Wish we still had the days of scrubbing the decks with sandstone, yeah."

A door slammed and he jumped. Realizing his situation, he threw down his cloth and pulled off his apron and fairly sprinted for the opposite exit.

"What's the matter, sailor? You seem a bit jumpy," SS Nisgeis laughed, entering into the light.

"Damn your eyes! I know you're the enemy, but what're ya t-trying to do? Kill me?"

Nisgeis smiled, lighting a cigarette. "I learned a great many things from my visit to the nunnery. This island of the damned is--" A tremendous rending of oak and mortar interrupted him--a great, fearsome beast smashed through the door like paper and ripped Nisgeis' head from his torso.

Jimbuna shrieked and fled through the back. Sprinting all out, he raced through the Inner Ward. As he rounded the kitchen heading for the North Turret he passed Task Force asleep in a ball by the foot of the stairs. "Wake up, mate! For crissakes, wake up!" Jimbuna leapt through the breach, twisting his ankle on the rubble. "Awww, no, no no," he groaned. Limping at a gallop, he headed for the POW camp. A glance over his shoulder and he saw an ominous shadow loping behind him.

The petty officer hitched it up another gear and sped through the now-open POW gates. He staggered out of breath and in considerable pain into the Bunkhouse A. "Captain!! I saw another one, get the men--oh-my-gawd..."

Jimbuna found he was alone in the room with a corpse. His commanding officer was dead, dismembered in a fashion he was becoming used to. "Oh the damned butchers," he said, tears welling up.

Then he knew he was not alone in the room. He was nearly overcome by a fetid smell, and he turned slowly. A werewolf, nearly eight feet tall, towered over him. Its inhuman eyes, its horrible grimace of slavering fangs were only an arm's length away.

With no escape, Jimbuna pulled the silver talisman dagger from his jacket. "Ok, ok, let's see about this then!" The beast flicked the dagger from his hand and it flew across the room. "Ah, I see," whispered the submariner. A guttural sound grew from the werewolf. It tensed to attack--then drew back. For a second, Jimbuna thought he could read confusion, fear in its eyes. "Yeah, yeah?" he shouted, advancing. "So whatre' ya gonna make of it, you blighter!" The creature stood its ground for a moment, then loped out the door and disappeared into the moonlight.

Jim collapsed on the nearest bunk. "Oh, the things I'll have to tell my grandkids when they ask what Pops did during the War."

Day begins

Old 06-28-11, 11:25 AM   #590
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
The sounds of commotion brought him out of bed with a fright. He sprinted forward, like they had when they crash dived, towards the other bunkhouse. He burst through the door and threw up, everywhere, the putrid smell assaulted his nostrils with vengeance.

"We're dying Jim, there coming after us, one by one."

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Old 06-28-11, 11:36 AM   #591
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Takeda stood by the bunkhouse door. There were more killings. Nisgeis, who had called for cooperation between the Germans and their captors was now dead, and what hunted them was most certainly not human. What was more, those inhuman things were among them, as evidenced by Lord Justice's death. Something wicked was afoot, and he knew that any one of them could be next. Something must be done, and done before nightfall.....
Old 06-28-11, 11:37 AM   #592
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

"When will this horror end?"

*Heads east from the camp towards the river and the beach beyond.*
Old 06-28-11, 11:41 AM   #593
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

*cRaCkLe* *brief feedback*

ATTENTION, THIS IS HAUPTMANN REAR OF CASTLE COLLINSWOOD. More victims have been slain overnight. It has come to my attention that less werewolf attacks occur whilst Oberfeldwebel Ducimus the American Journalist Takeda Shingen are absent or restrained. It is therefore my duty to ensure that the American is taken into custody and held within the castle dungeons for both his protection and ours. Danke.

*microphone cuts out*

LYNCH VOTE = DUCIMUS

Rear is online  
Old 06-28-11, 11:43 AM   #594
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

"Soldiers of the Reich, you heard my orders. Carry them out and do not let anyone get in the way."

Turning to mookiemookie

"Sub-lieutenant mookiemookie, I believe you are next in line for the Britische command yes? Might I speak with you in the interest of cooperation and mutual survival?"

Rear is online  
Old 06-28-11, 11:47 AM   #595
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

*mumbling in his sleep*

"Can't fall asleep, can't fall asleep. Bad things happen. Awful things happen. Scream, scream...it will do you no good!"

*wakes startled. Looks about rubbing eyes and shaking.*

Damn, feel tired. Been up all night again. Well, I did doze for a bit. Keep that up and it will get me killed. I survived another night and hopefully another day to tell more tales of wit and charm. I need to drum up some breakfast. It would seem all men are for themselves so they can fend for themselves.

*heads to kitchen with weapons. Discovers Nisgeis*

"Good Lord! Another attack! What a mess. Private Gardener is not cleaning that up! No sir!"

*looks down at the headless torso*

"Well sir, you will not be asking or answering any more questions today. Just as well, you were never quite right. Perhaps dropped as a baby."

*laughs. grabs bread and other provisions. Heads to the north tower.*
Old 06-28-11, 11:55 AM   #596
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rear View Post

*cRaCkLe* *brief feedback*

ATTENTION, THIS IS HAUPTMANN REAR OF CASTLE COLLINSWOOD. More victims have been slain overnight. It has come to my attention that less werewolf attacks occur whilst Oberfeldwebel Ducimus the American Journalist Takeda Shingen are absent or restrained. It is therefore my duty to ensure that the American is taken into custody and held within the castle dungeons for both his protection and ours. Danke.

*microphone cuts out*

LYNCH VOTE = DUCIMUS
Is this guy for real? Sure, all is well in Takeda Shingenland! So if this Amerikanerin is deemed free of changing then lets leave him out. Survival in numbers I say. The more these possible victims are available for these creatures the better off we will be....well, I will be. Anyway, your duty is to Germany and not the Amerikanerin. Might be a good idea to pull up camp and head to the old lighthouse. It is getting stale around here. Who gave him that damn microphone anyway?

*continues eating bread formulating his next move*
Old 06-28-11, 12:07 PM   #597
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Time to break camp. The numbers are not in my favor. Dead Germans splattered about the castle. It creates a stink truth be told. My number could be coming up. What's the difference? Lynched or werewolf? Either way your dead. Here I sit in a tower with a breach in the wall. Rear can watch his own tower and stuff the Amerikanerin in the dungeon for all I care. It is every man for themselves. I will take the tunnel to the ruins of the lighthouse. I will be protected by the minefields. I will have the water to my back. It is good a place as any to protect one's self.

*collects as many weapons and ammo as he can carry. Stops by the kitchen for more provisions. Heads to the tunnel with a final destination of the lighthouse ruins*

Rear can have them all under one roof. Seems this is what he wants anyway.
Old 06-28-11, 12:08 PM   #598
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

"... taken into custody and held within the castle dungeons for both his protection and ours. Danke."

Mookie walked with a purpose and thought to himself, "Blighter's probably trying to get his next victims corralled in for easy prey. Well not me. Not tonight. Not here, not now." Mookie strode across the castle grounds, out the gate and to the north. He wanted to reach the lighthouse ruins to signal for help. Some passing vessel would be bound to see a morse code signal. As he walked, he saw signs printed in German on his left. The pictographs on the signs made their meaning clear: minefield. "Too risky. And I don't trust anyone to show me the way through. Not in this situation." Mookie's eyes settled on a barely visible path, just wide enough for a man, into the forest beyond the minefield. "Can't go through...just go around!"

Mookie looked over his shoulders, sighed and started into the dense growth of the forest...

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-28-11, 12:09 PM   #599
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I will take the tunnel to the ruins of the lighthouse. I will be protected by the minefields. I will have the water to my back. It is good a place as any to protect one's self. [/I]
((OOC- that tunnel is blocked. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=414))

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-28-11, 12:12 PM   #600
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

After a short while Jimbuna managed to use mind over matter to control his racing heartbeat and hyper ventilation. He looked across the room at the silver talisman on the floor and thought to himself 'fat lot of use you were' but then thought 'perhaps I should have thrown it like a hunting knife'?

For some reason unbeknown to him he experienced a humorous thought and smiled as he thought 'well that creature was certainly a male of the species when you consider the appendage swinging from between its legs and looking at the size of it he certainly wasn't related to me'.

He got up from the bunk and walked over to the talisman, stooping to pick it up then back behind his tunic lapel.

The shock now almost totally subsided he was astonished at how easily the next decision came to him.

Now that the security arrangements had all but been dropped it was time to explore the remainder of the castle...'better to do something than nothing at all' he thought to himself.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread