SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-20, 02:38 AM   #616
Bassel
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

so, my game has been running fine with the mod for about a week now and i had almost no issues, but now when i load into any of my save files the game ui does, well... everything.
Silent Hunter® Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition2020-7-8-7-56-7.jpg
including apparently some things i never even heard about until today like on the right hand side you see the icon for voice input

the only mod i am running on my steam version of the game (Win 10 x64) is wolves of steel and it worked like a charm for several days before this.

Anyhow the real issue that i am facing is that nothing is clickable, except for the sextant window, which can be dragged but not closed or otherwise interacted with. which is not all that surprising considering that i am at 39m depth in wilhelmshafen yet my submarine is floating at the dock normally, so its clearly just visual. (although most icons can be highlighted, but not clicked)

Beyond that there is a bunch of icons that i have never seen before like all the icons on the bottom left, which i think i remember from the good old days of working versions of the game (SH 2, SH 3, SH 4). Or the previously mentioned voice command icon, which i belive is a mod and if so its one i never downloaded, installed, activated or used.
I am not quite sure, what event may have triggered this, as i made no changes to my system or the game since starting the campaign and it worked fine so far through several restarts.
Bassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 11:25 AM   #617
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

This usually occurs when TDWDraggables.dll is deleted. Can you please check your SH5 directory for TDWDraggables.dll?

Your SH5 directory should be installed in Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5/ or in my case, Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Silent Hunter 5.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 12:47 PM   #618
Bassel
Nub

Downloads: 0

nupe sorry, that one is still in there. Although just the name sounds so suspicious for this issue that the file being corrupted shouldnt be ruled out.

And considering that, ill throw out there that i havent moved the game or really interacted with the folder in any way since installing the game and checking the boxes on "high dpi scaling" and "run as admin" on the sh5.exe
Is there any way to get a fresh dll without reinstalling the game? because my inner scientist just got triggered

Edit: I renamed my silent hunter folder to trigger steam to redownload the game and did a fresh instal of the mod, it worked, then i replaced the fresh dragables.dll in the new folder with the old one and it still works, so whatever it was, it wasnt an issue with the dragables.dll
i still have the old installation incase i need to do more science though

Last edited by Bassel; 07-08-20 at 02:56 PM.
Bassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 12:03 PM   #619
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Default Manual Campaign Progression crashing TWoS

1. Windows 10 Home Edition, Acer Nitro 5, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650, Intel 15-9300H processor, and 512 GB SSD

2. I use the Uplay download version of the game. Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

3. The vanilla game works without problems and my game is patched to version 1.2

4. JSGME Screenshot:

I just completed the "Distant Waters" campaign chapter and I am trying to progress to the "Monsun Gruppe" campaign. I did what the instructions in the "Manual Campaign Progression" told me to. I made a manual save game in the bunker, I restarted the game and made a new campaign and used silentotto to go into the Monsun Gruppe campaign. I made another manual save game in the bunker and I exited the game. I copied the 4 files in the save game folder to my "Last DW Save" and then I edited the CareerTrack.upc to match the "Monsun Gruppe" flotilla changes.

Ok so now we get to my problem.

I try to load my "Last DW Save" but it crashes. I tried reloading a different save and it worked, I assumed my problem was that the savegame was corrupt. So I repeated the steps I did from the first paragraph and I tried reloading the second "Last DW Save" and it crashed, again. I'm not sure what could make my savegame corrupt a second time. Maybe a lot of units in the harbor?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 07-10-20, 06:32 AM   #620
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
1. Windows 10 Home Edition, Acer Nitro 5, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650, Intel 15-9300H processor, and 512 GB SSD

2. I use the Uplay download version of the game. Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

3. The vanilla game works without problems and my game is patched to version 1.2

4. JSGME Screenshot:

I just completed the "Distant Waters" campaign chapter and I am trying to progress to the "Monsun Gruppe" campaign. I did what the instructions in the "Manual Campaign Progression" told me to. I made a manual save game in the bunker, I restarted the game and made a new campaign and used silentotto to go into the Monsun Gruppe campaign. I made another manual save game in the bunker and I exited the game. I copied the 4 files in the save game folder to my "Last DW Save" and then I edited the CareerTrack.upc to match the "Monsun Gruppe" flotilla changes.

Ok so now we get to my problem.

I try to load my "Last DW Save" but it crashes. I tried reloading a different save and it worked, I assumed my problem was that the savegame was corrupt. So I repeated the steps I did from the first paragraph and I tried reloading the second "Last DW Save" and it crashed, again. I'm not sure what could make my savegame corrupt a second time. Maybe a lot of units in the harbor?

Any help would be appreciated.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...03&postcount=7
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 12:11 PM   #621
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

@vdr1981

So I have to reinstall the updater? I cannot use the one already installed on my PC?
EDIT:

Did that and the last DW Save still crashes. grrr

Last edited by Texas Red; 07-10-20 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-10-20, 05:53 PM   #622
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
@vdr1981

So I have to reinstall the updater? I cannot use the one already installed on my PC?
EDIT:

Did that and the last DW Save still crashes. grrr
Did you re-download v2.2.19 update?
Old 07-10-20, 10:25 PM   #623
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Yes I re-downloaded the 2.2x updater.
Will I have to reinstall it?

Old 07-11-20, 02:58 AM   #624
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Guys please, try to understand that this is not the thread for problematic custom modlists. You can freely open new thread for these types of problems.
@the beast. Did you try to load your gamesave without non TWoS mods at all?

Also, please upload problematic game save here...
Old 07-11-20, 10:31 AM   #625
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Tried running it without any mods and non-TWoS mods and it still crashes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cQ?usp=sharing

Problematic save game is above.

Old 07-12-20, 02:24 AM   #626
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Tried running it without any mods and non-TWoS mods and it still crashes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cQ?usp=sharing

Problematic save game is above.
Now it's working...http://www.mediafire.com/file/8kjd60...00174.rar/file

There's been a wrong sub type stated in my "alternative campaign transfer". I'll have to update the instructions...
Old 07-13-20, 09:56 AM   #627
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Now it's working...http://www.mediafire.com/file/8kjd60...00174.rar/file

There's been a wrong sub type stated in my "alternative campaign transfer". I'll have to update the instructions...
@vdr1981

Thank you very much! I can now continue my game and go into the Far East!

Old 07-19-20, 08:40 AM   #628
PatKos17
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi so I have the following problem with the TWoS.

1. Operating System: Win 10.
2. DVD.
3. Game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and the vanilla game works without problems (also I followed instructions from this: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=453). Also before I was playing the game with other mods loaded manually via JSGM and game was just fine.

The game is installed outside the Program files folder; it's just C:Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5

4. no other mods

5. the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored; I don't know if that makes a big difference but I had to select separately a path to every file (patch);

6. But the main problem is with the game after loading screen, because after several re-installations I always end up with this (pic) or just the CTD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8543.jpg (15.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-19-20, 11:38 AM   #629
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

PatKos17!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-20, 05:23 AM   #630
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68

When you have done several re-installations I would suggest running the CCleaner application to remove any parts of your SH5 after you have uninstalled it. Remember to select the Registry cleaning side of the program as well as deleting the SH5 directory you will find under "My Documents". You will also have to manually delete your UBISOFT directory and all that hangs off it.

Only after a computer re-boot can you sit down and do a complete re-installation of SH5. Any attempt of any Mods should be done only after running the vanilla SH5 to see that all is working. Now you can load the official upgrade to Version 1.2.0 and any further Mods like TWoS. Good luck.
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote