SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-21, 02:07 PM   #1126
adrianstu98
Swabbie

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you have LAA or 4Gig Patch properly applied to the SH4.exe file? Did you empty the Save folder before starting Dark Waters?
Yes, but each time that i load a saved game the texture issue comes back
adrianstu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 02:38 PM   #1127
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianstu98 View Post
Hmm...

See of giving as much details as you can provide...

SH4: What source, version #, where installed.

Mods list, if using jsgme (which you should, as this makes it easier to roll back so as to keep mods up to date, as they are updated & believe me... they are (for the most part, at any rate some older mods, still work, but.. have to make sure you're not cross using them with mods that they aren't designed for.. have to be real careful about that. ) this is a simple, open jsgme, click on tasks, on menu that pops up, go to last choice in the list, hover mouse then click on 'clipboard'... this will allow you to paste the mod activated listing from jsgme here, in a reply back post...

Eazy peezy, mac 7 cheezy... so easy, a cave man could do it...

(sorry, My weird sense of humor.. back you fiend... *cracks whip at it... back, I say...)

Are you running more that 1 copy of SH4 & modding them.. if so, then you really should be using MultiSH4.... this is not a mod, but a utility tool, that allows you to make different save folders in doc's... so as to keep the game saves, separate from 1 another... is a simple drop into the SH4 folder... click on it, before doing anything else & setting up a save spot in doc's... & using 2 or 3 letters to designate that with.

Would say of asking about if you patched SH4 with the 4GB patch, or if you used Large Address Aware (LAA, for short).. but.. in the quote from you, you already mentioned of the fact of your using LAA... so...

on that, would suggest opening it up, once open click 'Mode" in the upper section of the box/window... in the pop up menu, select 'advanced'.

In the list there... look to ensure that it reads, under the LAA section: True for that particular SH4.exe, if it doesn't... then go back to basic mode & redo the 3 steps process...

Lastly, include your computer specs... Op sys, graphics, HD, processor info...

Including all this info, as much as humanly possible... assists in figuring out a possible solution or barring that, a possible workaround... a th lest/worst case scenario...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 08-27-21 at 02:33 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 10:22 PM   #1128
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
When you activate a mod, it attempts to replace some of the configuration data the game uses. However, the game keeps a lot of info in the Save folder, which by default is "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4". Files that already exist are not overwritten, so you have to delete the Save folder data, and not use the old info in the new mod. If you want to keep your Save data for use later, after you go back to a previous game state, you could copy the folder structure over to a "safe" folder for future use - But you cannot use that old data with Dark Waters, else the mod will not completely activate. It is possible to have multiple copies of SH4 on your computer, each in their own unique folder and mod set, and then use MultiSH4 to have distinct Save folders for each copy.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 08:33 AM   #1129
adrianstu98
Swabbie

Downloads: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
When you activate a mod, it attempts to replace some of the configuration data the game uses. However, the game keeps a lot of info in the Save folder, which by default is "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4". Files that already exist are not overwritten, so you have to delete the Save folder data, and not use the old info in the new mod. If you want to keep your Save data for use later, after you go back to a previous game state, you could copy the folder structure over to a "safe" folder for future use - But you cannot use that old data with Dark Waters, else the mod will not completely activate. It is possible to have multiple copies of SH4 on your computer, each in their own unique folder and mod set, and then use MultiSH4 to have distinct Save folders for each copy.
Yeep, that was the issue. Thanks for everything, also Mad Mardigan too. Cheers!
adrianstu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-21, 02:35 PM   #1130
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Yeep, that was the issue. Thanks for everything, also Mad Mardigan too. Cheers!
Glad you got it all sorted out...

Good huntin'...

M. M.

Old 09-12-21, 01:18 PM   #1131
CapitainEA
Seaman

Downloads: 67
Default Thinks to FIFI

Hi all

FIFI I want to thank you very warmly for your mod which is just awesome and beautiful. My favorite SILENT HUNTER is SH4 but I really missed the North Seas battles of SH3. So, you managed to link my favorite game and my favorite operations, it's great art,). Your mod is so beautiful that I just created my YOUTUBE channel where I navigate the seas of north on a U-BOAT during WWII. For those who are interested.

Commanders subscribe to my channel comment, share and like my videos pls

Kindly

Cpt Von PUJOL

Last edited by CapitainEA; 09-29-21 at 05:43 PM.
CapitainEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 10:03 AM   #1132
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

CapitainEA!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 09:01 AM   #1133
CapitainEA
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
CapitainEA!
Captain AKTUNGBBY

Last edited by CapitainEA; 09-20-21 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-26-21, 11:33 PM   #1134
shoiga
Helmsman

Downloads: 838

Any skin mod for Dark Waters?

I dislike existing skin... as you can see, turm and hull are different colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg スクリーンショット (168).jpg (19.0 KB, 13 views)
shoiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 05:00 AM   #1135
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Old 10-06-21, 11:22 PM   #1136
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default new version of Dw

question: when come out new version of mode...does it maybe solve problem with turm bug...Greetings sailors...after playing lot of months Sh3 mods I want little to change with Sh4 german sub side ofcourse
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 04:27 PM   #1137
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Dark Waters is based upon Operation Monsun, and has the same issue with turm upgrades, in that they usually (not always) fail. In SH4, all items connected with the sub and turm have to match for an upgrade to succeed. Also, quite a few of the submarines in OM (DW) came from SH3, where the "upgrade" process is initiated by the player. In SH4, the "game" does it 'automatically', based upon Renown score, and the players patrol and career ranking system - which I think has "bad math" in its equations, but that is my opinion and is not based on anything "scientific". I have played the Stock game on the German side before, and even in it, with only the Type IX to worry about, the devs seem to have failed in their implementation. KSD may have "fixed" - but I do not remember... sorry.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 05:19 PM   #1138
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
question: when come out new version of mode...does it maybe solve problem with turm bug...Greetings sailors...after playing lot of months Sh3 mods I want little to change with Sh4 german sub side ofcourse
dex,

it is doubtful that there will be subsequent versions of DW from Fifi. he has made that clear in the documentation.

so, you can wait for someone to pick up the task and start modding (doubtful)
or
you can ask your questions here and some of us will do our best to answer you.

please read the documentation that is available on Page One of this forum. Fifi and others took the time and effort to write it.
next, please read the documentation that is part of the download zip file....for the same reason. you may be attempting to mod something that has already been attempted and i am sure you do not want to waste your time.

good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 02:27 PM   #1139
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default about new version

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
dex,

it is doubtful that there will be subsequent versions of DW from Fifi. he has made that clear in the documentation.

so, you can wait for someone to pick up the task and start modding (doubtful)
or
you can ask your questions here and some of us will do our best to answer you.

please read the documentation that is available on Page One of this forum. Fifi and others took the time and effort to write it.
next, please read the documentation that is part of the download zip file....for the same reason. you may be attempting to mod something that has already been attempted and i am sure you do not want to waste your time.

good luck!
Thank you Marco
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 11:14 AM   #1140
CapitainEA
Seaman

Default Battleship QUEEN ELIZABETH down :p