Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-06, 09:24 PM   #1
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Seemed a bit too overhyped to me. There was not to much said on the negative side if any - thus making it a lopsided review and a waste of time reading it. Reviews should be fair and balanced and this review made SBP look like the Holy Grail of sims which it is not I'm afraid and WAY overpriced. A better name for this sim would be "Steal Fleece"

Old 03-14-06, 10:43 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

We still wait for the information what makes you an expert on this software. So far almost all you told us about it in endless repitition is that it is only worth a hat full of crap, and you proove that by referring to details that lies outside the focus of this sim. By that you illustrate that you do not know the software very well.

Someone who claims tanks in OFP beeing more realistic than in SBP, and at another opportunity even compoares it to AA, saying that AA is the better simulation, will have difficulties to raise a reputation of beeing a knowing man.

BTW, a whole chapter of the review is about technical issues, bugs and stability.
Old 03-14-06, 10:56 PM   #3
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
We still wait for the information what makes you an expert on this software. So far almost all you told us about it in endless repitition is that it is only worth a hat full of crap, and you proove that by referring to details that lies outside the focus of this sim. By that you illustrate that you do not know the software very well.

Someone who claims tanks in OFP beeing more realistic than in SBP, and at another opportunity even compoares it to AA, saying that AA is the better simulation, will have difficulties to raise a reputation of beeing a knowing man.

BTW, a whole chapter of the review is about technical issues, bugs and stability.

What makes you an expert on this software then Skybird? I only know that you spent $125.00 on what I believe to be rubbish and that is my whole arguement. The cost is not worth the product and it's clear to see that whether or not you own it.

Old 03-14-06, 11:11 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You BELIEVE it is rubbish, but you don't know the software. You talk although not knowing.

I own the software, followed it's development for the last two years, know the predecessor in and out - even more years, tested SBP day and night. Maybe that does not make me an expert. But I know more about it BY EXPERIENCE than you.

If the cost is worth the prodcut you cannot judge, quality-wise. Why the cost is what it is i told you in the other thread oin page one, and it is crystalclear logic for every business man. You only can say that the sim's content and focus is not worth it for YOU. Okay, stay away, the SB community can happily live without you. About it's strengths and weaknesses you know nothing by experience, at best you could have red about it - some note here, some article there... But you do not know it. And that is the reason why what you claim to be "clear to see" is not clear at all. you claim to have an argument, but you have none.

Please spare us any reply. We all know what you will say: that is is only crap not worth the money, and that it is very clear for you that it is like crap not worth the money, becasue is very clear for you because it obviously only is crap not worth the money, which it must be, because it is clear for you - since you have played doomIII, Amercia'S Army, Flashpoint's tanks, and flight simulator, you must know it, sure. Your logic beats all military customers who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars so far to get enough licences for their classrooms, they all do not know that it is only crap not worth the money, and that is very clear for you. Okay, you are a genius.

Next.