SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-10, 09:33 PM   #106
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
If you'd like I can try my hand at sticking ships in the harbors. No experience in that department, but I really want to see harbor traffic and I like learning new stuff.
i'll have to send a buttload of files your way. Probably the whole mod to make sure were on the same page. I was going to do Bordeux in the next day or two, but right now im still putzing around with the 2nd support group. Their patrol pattern isn't to my satisfaction. So it will be a couple days. But i guess you could use Bordeux as an example and tackle Lorient, and Kiel if you want. If your serious about this, let me know and ill try and package stuff up when it's ready.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 09:34 PM   #107
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
German bases now look almost exactly like they did in SH3. Band, nurses, troops, guards walking around, etc, and no buildings clipping from view.
That's really great news!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 12:48 AM   #108
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
i'll have to send a buttload of files your way. Probably the whole mod to make sure were on the same page. I was going to do Bordeux in the next day or two, but right now im still putzing around with the 2nd support group. Their patrol pattern isn't to my satisfaction. So it will be a couple days. But i guess you could use Bordeux as an example and tackle Lorient, and Kiel if you want. If your serious about this, let me know and ill try and package stuff up when it's ready.
I'm pretty much a novice, but one of my complaints about SH4 is the lack of harbor traffic a la the SH3 supermods. I guess if I really want to see it I'd better start learning.
Old 07-14-10, 08:55 AM   #109
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Do you consider to introduce:

- more enemy ships with different sinking mechanics a la OM stuff?
- new recognition manual?
- German active sonar aka S-Gerat?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 04:31 PM   #110
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Not at this time.

I have a bigger fish in my frying pan.
Old 07-15-10, 02:15 AM   #111
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105

I was thinking about my last post, I did not mean that i hoped you would stop work, just that if its not enjoyable for you then i think most of us would understand if you did.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this mod and i know it will be awesome when you finish it. We have a great community here. If it gets to be too much, just ask and i'm sure others will help any way we can!
Old 07-15-10, 11:45 AM   #112
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF View Post
I was thinking about my last post, I did not mean that i hoped you would stop work,
I haven't stopped working. Was up to 3AM last night. *rolls eyes*

Last edited by Ducimus; 07-15-10 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-15-10, 12:14 PM   #113
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Is it possible for you to add all Type IXD's interior to be fully walkable as it is in SH5?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 06:32 PM   #114
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105

Quote:
I haven't stopped working. Was up to 3AM last night. *rolls eyes*
I guess you decided to call it an early night huh?

In either playing or modding this game its amazing how 15 mins can turn into 5 hours! Keep up the good work and Thank You!
Old 07-15-10, 06:38 PM   #115
cptroyce
Gunner

Downloads: 298

Warlord - >> ..amazing how 15 mins can turn into 5 hours<<

You can say that again. Often, I'll pick up my campaign at around 11:00PM, when the family's asleep, and think, "Ok, I'll just run SH for 15-20 minutes and then shut it down....turn around look at the time..1:30AM..happens all the time

Royce
cptroyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 10:55 PM   #116
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Is it possible for you to add all Type IXD's interior to be fully walkable as it is in SH5?
I don't think he owns a magic wand?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 12:21 AM   #117
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptroyce View Post
Warlord - >> ..amazing how 15 mins can turn into 5 hours<<

You can say that again. Often, I'll pick up my campaign at around 11:00PM, when the family's asleep, and think, "Ok, I'll just run SH for 15-20 minutes and then shut it down....turn around look at the time..1:30AM..happens all the time
And it happens outside the game as well. I came home from errands and thought "Oh, it's too late to start playing. I'll just pay a short visit to Subsim instead." Three hours later I still haven't gotten all the way through the forums. It's what I get for having to read everything.
Old 07-16-10, 01:30 PM   #118
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
I don't think so...

The closest think you can get is a free camera tweak.

But never say never! Maybe possible after all!
Old 07-16-10, 08:32 PM   #119
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50

thanks.i will be sure to give this a go.

i love the hats by the way.

any patches for naked deck crew?

u-123 used to run around deck with no clothes on when they were feeling "frisky" in between combat, and getting jerked around by british intelligence agents.

(source-BBC's-"Battle of the Atlantic" part II)

edit= after further review,it was the u-110 that was captured,along with thier enigma machine and documents, the u-123 suffered as a result of the confiscated items,british intelligence HQ then directed convoys away from u-123 patrol in the Mediterranean, hence the reason they were so bored.

it would be hilarious if they had the only the hats on at the very least.

the only ships they saw at the time were american, and they had strict orders to not fire on them.

they did go on to have an illustrious run in operation drum beat, sinking a total of 19 ships off the coast of the eastern united states.

i didnt mean any disrespect to modders at all, i just thought it would be funny. i do appreciate the work you guys do, stock is almost not even worth playing IMO.

Last edited by green_abobo; 07-17-10 at 05:51 PM.
green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 08:57 PM   #120
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

- Interiors. There will be more then stock, but it will not be fully walkable as in SH5. That's all im saying, because this is still a WIP and things might get dropped.

- crew. Unless the models mix match, it is possible to have shirtless crew. I have already thought of this, i just wasn't sure if i wanted to provide fuel for the village people and gay references that are sure to follow.

-------------------------

On a side note.....
Some people are lobbyists of wanted mod features. Passing ideas along is great, but not so great when someone jumps back and forth between two mod threads asking for the same thing, or if one mod gets some feature, and then one jumps into the other mod thread asking for that feature. In doing so, your pretty much saying, "so and so is doing this, can you do this too?".

It's as if that person is trying to get the modders to play , "keeping up with the jones's", which none of the modders involve really appreciate. Please don't do this. Sailor steve said it best in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Most modders start out as regular players who either see something they thing could be better or have an idea they would like to see implemented. They know nothing of how things work, but they go at it and they learn how to do the things they want done.

This means that they make the mods they want, not the ones we want. Some of them just like to mod, and do offer to try to do what people request, but the only criterion is their own desire to do something that appeals to them.

Thank you.