Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-18, 10:42 AM   #1
Irwin6666
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Missing target information

Hi.

I'm missing information in the target info box.

When I'm looking at the map and click on any unit the info box at the top left is blank ( when I toggle from the map to the 3D display the info pops up target name, bearing speed etc).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling bit this does t help. I'm running LWAMI 3.11. I did a test after the reinstall before installing LWAMI again and I had the same problem on Stock DW.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy
Irwin6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 07:02 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

You haven't said if you were new to playing DW, so I'll try to cover the basics of the game.

First, make sure you don't have SHOW TRUTH enabled in the nav map. You can right click on the screen (as long as you don't have any platforms bracketed) and check if its off or on. One other small thing, you HAVE to have the contact selected (bracketed) to see any info in the box.

Next, you HAVE to have a target selected for tracking. You can do this via sonar, the scope, esm, or radar but you (actually, your crew) HAVE to be tracking something.
If you're tracking the target, go back to the nav map and right-click on the target's symbol. Go to the Classification section and enter all the info you know so far. Is it hostile or friendly? Submarine or surface? Can you ID it by hull type yet?

You may also want to try turning on some of the auto crew stations. I've been playing these Sonalysts games since the mid 90's and I still turn on my sonar and fire control auto crew. Its actually more accurate to have these guys enabled, sometimes they don't get it right.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 02:56 AM   #3
Irwin6666
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Hi, thanks for the reply. Experienced player.

Example of problem. Sonar contact established. 2d map will show the contact with a coloured line to my sub. When I click on the contact there would be basic information showing in the info panel at the top left. (is Sierra 1 and the bearing to my sub, source of the contact and age) as I develop the contact more information would be presented regarding heading and speed etc

This info doesn't appear in the 2d map but if I toggle over to the 3d picture the information is there. It's not a big issue just a little annoying.

When I first installed the game I'm sure it worked correctly. I think it may be a graphics card issue, changed from an Nvidia card to a ATI card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy
Irwin6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 10:40 AM   #4
HobbitJack
Watch

Downloads: 135

For the record, I do think it's an AMD problem. I have a new laptop with an AMD iGPU and the same problem presents itself.
HobbitJack is offline   Reply With Quote