Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-08-24, 02:13 AM   #1
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Icon14 A Reflection on ZeeWolf's Mod and Its Future

Dear Community,

I've been contemplating a matter close to my heart as an enthusiast of T34 vs Tiger, and I wish to share these thoughts with you all, seeking your insights and guidance.

As many of you know, ZeeWolf's mod, a creation that can only be described as his magnum opus, stands as a testament to his skill, passion, and dedication to T34 vs Tiger. This piece of work has significantly enriched the T34 vs Tiger gaming experience, yet, it currently remains accessible to only a very few of us.

ZeeWolf, unfortunately, has not been active or seen in any tank sim community for the past eight years. His absence raises a poignant question about the future of his exceptional work. It's a creation too remarkable from a single developer to reside unnoticed on a handful of our hard drives. The idea that it could be shared and appreciated by anyone with a love or interest in T34 vs Tiger is one I find compelling.

However, I'm torn by the ethical considerations of releasing ZeeWolf's work without his explicit consent. The respect for his rights as a creator, and the integrity of honoring his intentions weigh on me. It's a dilemma between preserving and honoring his legacy and respecting the rights and wishes he has over his work.

In light of this, I propose a discussion within the community. What are your thoughts on potentially making ZeeWolf's mod more accessible? How might we approach this sensitively, ensuring that we're acting ethically and respectfully? Could there be a way to reach out or find consensus that honors ZeeWolf's contributions and intentions?

This is a call to reflection and conversation. I welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and any insights you might have on this matter. Let's approach this with the respect, sensitivity, and camaraderie that our community is known for.

Old 04-08-24, 10:53 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I've tried to PM Zeewolf reguarding the usurpation of his sig's site by the Chinese betting hacker which has since been edited by Neal and where you recently posted two archived sites. Zeewolf was last active two years ago, but his PM box is full. Like any college thesis with proper footnoting to avoid plagiarism, I'd say go ahead and post whatever has been previously been in the public domain while explicitly and scrupulously giving full credit to the author.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 11:38 AM   #3
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I've tried to PM Zeewolf reguarding the usurpation of his sig's site by the Chinese betting hacker which has since been edited by Neal and where you recently posted two archived sites. Zeewolf was last active two years ago, but his PM box is full. Like any college thesis with proper footnoting to avoid plagiarism, I'd say go ahead and post whatever has been previously been in the public domain while explicitly and scrupulously giving full credit to the author.
Thank you for the reply Aktungbby, I will take that onboard whilst waiting to see what the consensus is. Do you own the ZeeWolf mod?
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote