SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-19, 04:55 AM   #1
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0
Default Storm uniform in normal weather

Hi, everybody. Please help with the models of the characters. I know this type of thread has been up a lot, but there was no solution, maybe I'll try my luck.
So, the idea is to make a crew in leather jackets with garrison cap, and of course the watch officer with peak-cap. At first look, everything is simple, but it does not seem so.
The first thing I tried is to change the Body01.dat on body2.dat, and it caused a ctd.
Next, in the editor I took .obj model from body2 with materials, uw's and replaced in body1. Also I configured DMY coordinates as in body 2. It also ended with a ctd. Now I do not know what can be done.
By reading the thread about animation, transfer models, etc. I realized that it has a lot of nuances. In general, I would be very happy to help, because I really want to make such a mod, it would be very cool.

P.S. I tried the "cheat solution" and made a constant "storm", but this is certainly not the solution, because the anti-aircraft gun and deck weapons do not work. And not change peak-cap of the officer.

PatrioJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 09:27 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

PatrioJake!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 09:36 AM   #3
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
PatrioJake!
Old 05-08-19, 10:11 AM   #4
David I
Ensign

Downloads: 360

Patriojake,

I can't help you, but I wish you the best in luck in getting it to work. I would be very happy to have that mod on my screen, it's a great look for the North Atlantic.

Be sure to upload it to the downloads section of this forum so that the whole community can share.

Good Luck.

David I
David I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 10:28 AM   #5
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David I View Post
Patriojake,

I can't help you, but I wish you the best in luck in getting it to work. I would be very happy to have that mod on my screen, it's a great look for the North Atlantic.

Be sure to upload it to the downloads section of this forum so that the whole community can share.

Good Luck.

David I
Thanks David! I also think that it looked very cool for the North Atlantic. I really hope that there will be a solution to this problem.
Old 05-08-19, 11:59 AM   #6
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Try in body2.dat make a Remap ID and save as body01.dat to the appropriate folder. and replace all 0*_OFF_Body01_D.the relevant tga 0*_OFF_Body2_D.tga saving as well 01_OFF_Body02_B.tga as 01_OFF_Body01_B
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 02:07 PM   #7
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post

Try in body2.dat make a Remap ID and save as body01.dat to the appropriate folder. and replace all 0*_OFF_Body01_D.the relevant tga 0*_OFF_Body2_D.tga saving as well 01_OFF_Body02_B.tga as 01_OFF_Body01_B
Yes, this method helped (plus I added 3 materials and renamed everything as in the original, because it was a CDT), but with the model some kind of trouble ... I had the same wrong meshes when I incorrectly exported and imported the crew back (did this for tests).

But I already consider it a success, because the game does not crash.

Old 05-08-19, 05:26 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

<DAS 'MATRIX' BOOT??!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 07:12 PM   #9
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
<DAS 'MATRIX' BOOT??!!
I'd see that movie
Old 05-09-19, 05:47 AM   #10
PatrioJake
Swabbie

After many export / import experiments that still resulted in a broken mesh. I tried to remove MeshAnimation from the node, and how you see the models are okey.
So something is wrong with animation. The second screenshot shows that all coordinates are the same. I also noticed that body01 and body02 have a difference of 90 degrees (around its axis !!!), I don’t know if this has any effect or not.

P.S. I tried exporting / importing vanilla bodi01 .obj models and it also led to a broken mesh. I can not understand what is wrong...

Old 07-16-19, 09:43 AM   #11
David I
Ensign

Downloads: 360

Patriojake,

How are you coming along with this very interesting mod?

David I
David I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 07:04 AM   #12
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David I View Post
Patriojake,

How are you coming along with this very interesting mod?

David I
Unfortunately, I have not found a solution. Maybe the problem is in the exe file, somewhere in its depths, but I do not understand this well. This was the reason for the thread, I thought that someone would order or suggest an idea for a solution.
Old 07-26-19, 09:11 AM   #13
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Be a great mod to have, even if only partial. I use the "cheat" method, so that they're always wearing their gear.
I don't mind that, as I don't use the AA or deck gun anyway. But a better solution like your idea would be great anyway.
Old 07-26-19, 12:09 PM   #14
PatrioJake
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Be a great mod to have, even if only partial. I use the "cheat" method, so that they're always wearing their gear.
I don't mind that, as I don't use the AA or deck gun anyway. But a better solution like your idea would be great anyway.
Yes, the "cheat" mod as an alternative is not bad idea, especially with the replace of garrison caps. But the crew will not dress back during a real storm, which is not good. And I personally often use deсk gan. Therefore, it is important to make this mod the right way.
So, after various experiments, I realized that the problem is in animation, the mesh looks like in the Matrix movie. But I don’t know why the coordinates are confused and where and how to put them in order.
Old 07-26-19, 08:52 PM   #15
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioJake View Post
Yes, the "cheat" mod as an alternative is not bad idea, especially with the replace of garrison caps. But the crew will not dress back during a real storm, which is not good. And I personally often use deсk gan. Therefore, it is important to make this mod the right way.
So, after various experiments, I realized that the problem is in animation, the mesh looks like in the Matrix movie. But I don’t know why the coordinates are confused and where and how to put them in order.
Hope you're able to figure it out ! Thanks for the effort.