SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-17, 06:37 PM   #1
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Can we change Fleet Command aircraft loadouts?

I'm getting back into Fleet Command but can't find anything in the manual about how to change aircraft and helo loadouts. For example when placing a carrier in the editor it comes with a bunch of stock F/A-18's all with AAW loadouts for air combat.
Is there a way to give some of them ASuW loadouts to clobber ships?
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 05:32 PM   #2
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

Greetings Spike,

I don't know how to change the loadout in the mission editor but you can most certainly do it once the mission has started. When you are in the flight deck view panel click on the AAW. If the aircraft has other loadouts available they will show up in a drop-down menu. F-18 should let you pick AAW, ASUW, or Strike. The downside of this is that when you change loadouts the readiness state bumps back to Alert 15. I don't know how to get Alert 5 aircraft loaded for Strike without waiting for the countdown.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone more familiar with the mission editor will stop by and tell you how to do it there.

SilentPrey
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:20 PM   #3
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPrey View Post
Greetings Spike,

I don't know how to change the loadout in the mission editor but you can most certainly do it once the mission has started. When you are in the flight deck view panel click on the AAW. If the aircraft has other loadouts available they will show up in a drop-down menu. F-18 should let you pick AAW, ASUW, or Strike. The downside of this is that when you change loadouts the readiness state bumps back to Alert 15. I don't know how to get Alert 5 aircraft loaded for Strike without waiting for the countdown.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone more familiar with the mission editor will stop by and tell you how to do it there.

SilentPrey
Thanks mate you've solved it..
I'd been left-clicking on the loadout tabs like an idiot instead of right-clicking as I should have, duh..
To show my appreciation I'd like to buy you a game or two, let me know what you want, money's no object..
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 07:25 PM   #4
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

I appreciate your kind gesture but I'm currently spending almost all of my game time learning accounting. School costs a lot of money but it costs even more time. That's why both of my gaming hours this week were spent playing Fleet Command.

I'm glad I could help you. Good hunting!

SilentPrey
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote