SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-17, 09:41 PM   #16
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Jay1 View Post
Has the 2004 Campaign been removed from Mod Area Download? As I can't seem to find it now
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5258

As far as I know this is it?
Old 07-15-17, 01:04 AM   #17
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
You are correct. That is the link to the 2004 Campaign.

Hope you enjoy it.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 08:36 AM   #18
Pytheas
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashblade View Post
Also got a TLAM mission and although I struck the target zone with 10/8 missiles it got reported as a failure. The debrief showed variable names instead of the actual information you would expect to see like how many weapons are left, so it seems this is bugged as well.

This is very enjoyable, keep improving this please
hi Flashblade. Check Brygun's post.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232537
Pytheas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-17, 07:54 PM   #19
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

You are welcome to use my Virginia if you want. It looks quite good, and you can balance it's stats to suit you.

I can send it on the CW discord if you want it.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 11:42 PM   #20
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
You are welcome to use my Virginia if you want. It looks quite good, and you can balance it's stats to suit you.

I can send it on the CW discord if you want it.
Thanks! I am considering adding her, but in 2004 only USS VIRGINIA herself is is In Commission... I'll probably do a limited number available. I will just download the latest PRS Mod since it says your Virginia Class is in there. Thanks for letting us use your spreadsheet by the way, it's a lifesaver. I used it to add the pump jet shroud to my Seawolf Model. Worked really easy. Just a few tweaks and she was ready to go.

When I do add USS VIRGINIA, I will definatetly give you credit for the pump jet design. It is awesome. An ingenious way to use the components provided to accomplish what I thought would have to wait until/if Killerfish opened the game to full 3d Modding. Increases the aesthetics of the mods tremendously. Thanks again for working that out.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-05-17, 11:59 PM   #21
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

The 2004 Campaign's next update will occur in a week or two. I was on-call at work for the month of July and so have had less time to work on it.

The next update will be adding a 2004 Campaign from the Russian view point. It's taking a bit of time, as I am having to create the US Navy, Royal Navy and Royal Norwegian Navy ships, by modding the existing Russian surface vessels.

Here is an example of the O.H. PERRY Class FFG:

Note the single arm MK 13 Missile Launcher. That was a bit tedious to implement. But I wanted to do more than just rename the soviet ships...

Anyway, more to come...

LTJG Beam
Old 08-20-17, 03:02 PM   #22
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 4: Date:08/20/2017
Added USS VIRGINIA-class SSN 774. While only USS Virginia was in commission in 2004, in the interest of playability, I have made all of the Block I SSN-774 available in the 2004 Campaign. I have to thank Goldfish716 for coming up with his Pump Jet technique. It vastly improves the look of VIRGINIA and SEAWOLF (as well as other subs in the mod)!

Tubes 7 & 8 should now be working properly on Seawolf, Akula, and Sierra. Thanks to KILLERFISH GAMES for the fix on that.

Added the UUM-125A Sea Lance to the 2004 Campaigns. While cancelled in reality, in the conjectural WWIII of COLD WATERS, it has been highly requested in the Mod. Thanks to LeopardDriver, The Bandit, and ETR2(SS) here on SUBSIM.COM for supplying the information that got this working completely!

Added the Royal Navy to the 2004 NATO Campaign. Swiftsure-class SSN, Trafalgar-class SSN, Upholder-class SS are playable. Based out of Holy Loch/Falsane.

Updated SSN 21 Seawolf model to add the Pump Jet using Goldfish716's Technique. Thanks again to him for coming up with the technique, and for designing the spreadsheet that make implementing this a breeze.

Added a new RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign that exists alongside the the original campaigns, and the 2004 NATO Campaign. Same back story as 2004 Campaign, but played from Russian POV. Akula I, Akula II, Sierra I, Sierra II, Victor III, Victor II, Alpha class SSN's and Kilo, Tango class SS's are Playable. Home Port is Murmansk, and Opponents are US, UK, and Norwegian Vessels and Submarines (modified from the Russian Surface Ships and Subs, since we can't access the models, but with modifications made using existing components).

All Modded Subs and Ships should now properly display damage when hit by weapons.

This Mod Update has been tested/synced with the 1.07c Beta Update. Please report any glitches encountered.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-20-17, 07:55 PM   #23
mcpousnret
Nub

Downloads: 44
Default No Virginia

I installed the 107 c Beta. I also installed the 2004 Campaign and there is no Virginia. What the heck did this un-trainable Masterchief Snipe foul up? Thanks so much for the great Mods. 107 c is a tad buggy, not complaining, it will come out in the wash. Most likely operator error. You guys are the best. Any help would be appreciated.
mcpousnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 10:36 PM   #24
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Please try re-downloading, and installing. When I tried downloading it, I was getting the same issue. I updated campaign and re-uploaded the Mod. Worked when I downloaded just now.

Let me know if it works for you.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-21-17, 12:09 AM   #25
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

mcpousnret!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 02:03 AM   #26
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38

great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 08:30 AM   #27
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX View Post
great update, nice to see the UK subs in there

however, I cannot reload tubes in my Trafalgar. I hit R, nothing happens...I have plenty of SF in the hold...but nobody seems to want to obey orders and put them in tubes...
I was unable to duplicate this this morning. Can you give me a little more detail? Campaign or Mission? I will attempt to duplicate this evening after work.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-21-17, 03:24 PM   #28
mcpousnret
Nub

Downloads: 44
Default Virginia

Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends
mcpousnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 04:25 PM   #29
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpousnret View Post
Re-loaded as instruction. Ops normal, USS Virginia on station and currently on patrol. I actually feel sorry for those Rusky Bastards. Thanks again LtJg Bean.

Masterchief sends
Very well, Master Chief. Carry on.

LTJG Beam
Old 08-22-17, 05:28 PM   #30
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38

well I can now reload torpedoes in the Trafalgar, but now my game crashes every time I try and classify a Sierra II or something similar

this happens every time, I cannot scroll past the Sierras when attempting to classify or the game will crash
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote